Author Topic: My Cursed Detective  (Read 3918 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
My Cursed Detective
« on: October 28, 2016, 10:40:42 PM »
Is anyone else having trouble getting to a crime scene?

In my legacy challenge, a sim is on his second day of work at the Police Station.
He's told to issue an APB which he does.
But after he selects "Visit the Crime Scene," the Neighborhood Loading Screen appears.

If I click on his home lot, I see that he's at Desert Bloom Park in Oasis Springs.
When I check that park, its "Info" describes it as incomplete because it has no lot traits assigned.
But if I try to enter Build mode to assign lot traits, I get the Neighborhood Loading Screen again.

Do you think this is just a hiccup caused by the approaching release of City Living?
Between the Party Animal's broken counter and this Detective career, I'm ready to give up on my legacy.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: My Cursed Detective
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2016, 10:54:57 PM »

I'm not sure because the issue wasn't very clearly explained by the first post (like, how the crime scene is inaccessible).
But I clicked "Me, too" and added my own post to that thread before I posted here. (It's the very last post in that thread.)

That thread doesn't offer any solution presently, only a comment that "it will be added in the next round." *sighs

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2016, 11:02:00 PM »
I know, that is the problem with bugs, it takes a while to figure out what is going wrong. I really feel for you. My dynasty was a bit like that, every new patch caused something else to act up. When you are starting new games all the time you tend not to notice it as the older fixed (patched) bugs aren't present in new games.

*edited: Have you tried adding trait lots to the park and then sending your detective to work? So... take him home, save the game, add trait lots to the park, then send him back to work? No idea if this will make a difference but it is probably something to do with the park being incomplete that is causing the glitch with the career.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2016, 11:08:35 PM »
*cries

I agree with you about the new games versus old game concept. I love starting a new game for a tournament challenge--no lag, no glitching!

For now, I'm going to roll back my game one day (if possible) then switch my detective sim to another career. Wait for the dust to settle.
The fact that Desert Bloom Park is described as Incomplete: no lot traits assigned makes me pretty convinced that the issue is linked to City Living.
Oh well.

Would you happen to know when the Challenge Team's new multi-generational challenge will be unveiled?
(Hahaha, I know! I'm pumping you for insider info while you're feeling pity for me, lol. How tacky, right? Seriously, I'll just be patient and wait for the unveil...

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2016, 03:01:14 AM »
Haha..you can pump me all you like for insider info... 'cos I don't have any!  :P I look at game play issues and problems etc and just general chit chat.  You'll have to ask someone on the Challenge Team  :) 

Hopefully rolling back your game will help you skirt around the issues for now anyway. Fingers crossed for you.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2016, 03:37:35 PM »
*edited: Have you tried adding trait lots to the park and then sending your detective to work? So... take him home, save the game, add trait lots to the park, then send him back to work? No idea if this will make a difference but it is probably something to do with the park being incomplete that is causing the glitch with the career.

The weird thing is that the Magnolia Blossom Park and Desert Bloom Park only appear "Incomplete" during the detective's work shift.
And I tried your suggestion but when I click on either park while the detective is off work, I get the neighborhood loading screen.
So no park visits for my family for awhile. On the other hand, they can visit non-park community lots just fine.

Thanks for your many suggestions, @Playalot   My legacy will just not complete the Detective career. I can live with that.  ;)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2016, 08:50:07 PM »
@oshizu  sounds like your game is experiencing the post-patch bugs.  :( That loading screen issue is one of them.

Offline Whirligig

• Simmer Down Sally
  • Occult
    • Whirligig Plays Sims
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2016, 09:52:40 AM »
So I managed to convince my boyfriend to give the Sims 4 a chance after all his making fun of me for my obsession. I ended up being a bit of a backseat driver, but anyways. He was looking for windows and asked why the science and detective windows were locked.

So I said "mouse over them and find out what you need to do to unlock them."

Him "This one is science career, and that one is defective career."

Me: *thinks of @oshizu 's woes with detective career, and immediately loses it laughing.*

Him *stares*
The Morven Dynasty
Blogger ||| Simblr

Soroja14 on Origin

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2016, 07:44:15 PM »
@Playalot
I just wanted to report that I just played my Detective career test file for a while and was able to post an APB then travel to the arrest scene.
So it seems my previous issue with the arrest-scene lots in an infinitely looping load has been fixed!

@Whirligig
I'm curious what career you ultimately recommended to your boyfriend. If you want him to hate Sims 4 forever, suggest that he try the Doctor career, lol.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2016, 10:24:40 PM »
@oshizu  cool, maybe this fix was patched in finally!  :)

anything