Author Topic: Purchased Retail Perks Went Poof?  (Read 2856 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Purchased Retail Perks Went Poof?
« on: October 13, 2016, 09:31:31 PM »
I'm currently doing a challenge where my legacy household is working to buy all 20 retail perks for their shop.
Using a page of an Excel spreadsheet, I keep track of the perks, their costs, and which generation bought which perk.

Just now, the household amassed 2,500 perk points so they went to buy Cheaper Restocking.
What a shock to notice that every other retail perk was also available to purchase, as if the family hadn't already bought 6,000+ points worth of retail perks already.
Looking at Carl's Guide, hovering over the basket icon of an already-purchased perk apparently should give the message "You have already purchased this perk."
I don't get this message at all.

Is my game glitched? I wish the game offered a better way of tracking purchased retail perks.
When I googled for a solution, I mostly found sites explaining cheats for acquiring the retail perks. I guess that's my last resort. Grrrrr

Thanks for reading.  :)   

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Purchased Retail Perks Went Poof?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2016, 10:08:18 PM »
So are the perks your sims have previously bought not owned by them now? Or is it a case of they are still owned but somehow become available for purchasing again?
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2016, 10:14:43 PM »
So are the perks your sims have previously bought not owned by them now? Or is it a case of they are still owned but somehow become available for purchasing again?

When I went to redeem the 2,500 points for Cheaper Restocking, I hovered over the perks I already bought and got the message "Redeem."
It's like I never purchased them. However, I don't know how to tell if they are "still owned"; I don't get the message that they're already purchased.
I realize that there's one perk Superfluous Surplus that can be purchased repeatedly. My sims bought the following:
Additional Empoyee #1
Faster Restocking (Small)
Faster Checkout (Small) and (Large)
Serious Shopper
Sure Sale
and most recently Cheaper Restocking

Thank you for asking @Playalot

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2016, 10:26:35 PM »
I'm not sure how you'd tell for sure if the previously bought perks were still owned but in the case of faster restocking it would be fairly noticeable as non-perked restocking takes for ages.

The only thing I have found sort-of similar is this thread here on the Official Forums. It doesn't really offer much help though.  :-\

The best "solution' seems to be to sell the retail shop and then re-buy it and cheat in the cheats you already earned. Not much of a solution at all like you already mentioned.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2016, 10:42:36 PM »
@Playalot

When opening the Retail Perks menu, I get the following message when I hover over the basket icon for Cheaper Restocking (which I just bought):
"Your sim does not meet the proper age requirements or this perk has already been purchased."

The other perks I bought previously say either "Redeem" or "Insufficient Points."

Actually, I really hate to use cheats in a challenge. I was trying to earn all 20 retail perks.
Now, I'm just going to transfer $3mil over to my store's business funds (which didn't vanish, thankfully) to earn the 10th point in my legacy's Fortune category.
It's a challenge loophole, sure, but better than using the cheats, in my opinion, hehe.
Then, I can simply sell the store and move on.

Thank you so much for commiserating, @Playalot !

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2016, 11:18:01 PM »
I know, being forced to use cheats in challenges is just the pits. It's super annoying when the game glitches out.  >:(

"Your sim does not meet the proper age requirements or this perk has already been purchased." <<< This appears often as you hover over perks previously bought, no idea why!  ::)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2016, 11:40:57 PM »
Lol, the game uses the same message for aspiration reward traits as the retail/restaurant perks, I guess.  ;D
Age requirements don't really make sense for the retail/restaurant perks, though...

I sold the shop then bulldozed. Feeling so much better now!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.