Author Topic: Create-A-Sim confusion  (Read 5018 times)

Offline faithgr

• Nooboo
Create-A-Sim confusion
« on: October 12, 2016, 03:40:39 AM »
Hello!

So I am fairly new to Sims 4, and at the moment I feel like I might be going a little crazy. When I went to design my sim's formal wear, it brought up this amazing double breasted jacket with black lapels. It's dark pink/red in color which isn't right for the sim, so I wanted to change said color. When I clicked the jacket, it brought up mens formal jackets in the menu, but after looking through it (and then every single jacket in the menus for both masculine and feminine clothing), the one that the game put my sim in, does not exist. Is this normal?

Offline lesleyj42

• Townie
Re: Create-A-Sim confusion
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2016, 09:52:48 AM »
Try getting rid of the filter. By that I mean, click on the jacket on your sim, then at the top of the jacket menu on the right deselect "Formal." The jacket your sim is wearing should then show up in the menu.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline faithgr

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2016, 10:41:52 AM »
Thanks for the suggestion. I tried it, but it's still not showing up for some reason.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2016, 10:49:19 AM »
That is definitely strange. Have you looked at the full-body outfits? There are some suits with formal jackets there.

Offline faithgr

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2016, 11:32:43 AM »
Yep lol I've done that too.  I've attached the suit in question, just in case anyone has any ideas.

This problem kind of makes me miss the design options from Sims 3. If I had that tool, I could just change it myself lol

Offline lesleyj42

• Townie
Create-A-Sim confusion
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2016, 12:07:05 PM »
You're right. It would be so much simpler with create a style, but I still think it's got something to do with the filters. What about selecting the "masculine" filter? Does it show up then?

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2016, 02:04:29 PM »
To see which outfits come in which colors, click on the Sim's outfit (whichever category it is)to pick outfits for your Sim.

To change the color, click on the piece of clothing that comes up when you select, for example "suit jackets."  You will see icons next to the Sim that you are trying to dress (suit jackets, tops, etc.)

Once you have the piece of clothing you want your Sim to wear, you will see a "line" of colors, in which that article of clothing comes under it.  Just click on the color in the "line" to change colors.

I've only played TS4, but I've heard about how it was in TS3, and I understand that TS4 does this differently.  I've seen screenshots of Create-a-style.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline faithgr

• Nooboo
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2016, 12:41:21 AM »
Thank you @coolsim9999999 for replying. The problem isn't figuring out to change the color of said jacket, the problem is that no matter how I change the filters or what category of clothing I am looking in, the jacket that is on my sim in the picture in my last reply does not exist in the different clothing menus.

I have tried changing filters, I have tried looking for specific colored items, I have looked under both masculine and feminine fashion choices... nowhere in create a sim does the jacket seem to exist lol and I really want to use it, but I want the stupid thing to be blue lol but in order to change the color- as you've said, you first have to have the jacket in the menus.... and it is not. It simply appeared on my sim when I clicked the formal icon and I cannot find the jacket to select it anywhere lol it's been making me feel a tad bit crazy.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2016, 02:46:45 AM »
You're welcome, @faithgr. In the screenshot you took, it looks like you're looking under "tops." 

There's an all black jacket with a dark purple long-sleeve shirt under it --- if you look under jackets.  I know it's not the one in the screenshot, but it may look almost like the one that you want your sim to wear.

Offline Nimrod Mikkusu

• Townie
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2016, 12:59:53 PM »
I seem to have it as a custom outfit, although it may be an unlocked outfit from a carreer.

Offline lesleyj42

• Townie
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2016, 01:21:36 PM »
You're right, Nimrod Mikkusu. I just did some digging and found it is a jacket unlocked at level 10 of the Entertainer career.

Hopefully that worked. To be able to see it in CAS, you either have to have gotten the top of that career or find a mod to unlock it.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2016, 03:25:08 PM »
@faithgr --- If you really want that jacket right now, then you could use a cheat.

To open the cheat box, type shift control c (all 3 at the same time.

Type testingcheats on in the cheat box first.

careers.promote entertainer

or

Have your Sim complete the entertainer career in the musician branch.

Offline Franki

• Occult
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2016, 06:48:32 AM »
Just to add to @coolsim9999999  the other cheat is: bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement which unlocks all career rewards
Straud/Masters - Tangled and defying untangling attempts

I Aten't Dead - Granny Weatherwax

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2016, 07:35:53 AM »
Just to add to @coolsim9999999  the other cheat is: bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement which unlocks all career rewards
Yes is does @Franki!  I didn't think of a clothes as a career reward because I mostly play the tech guru career.  Both cheats are great. 

@faithgr --- You can also use the cheat you mentioned for career reward objects, not just clothes.

Now, you'll be able to get that jacket!

Offline Nimrod Mikkusu

• Townie
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2016, 02:00:17 PM »
Yes is does @Franki!  I didn't think of a clothes as a career reward because I mostly play the tech guru career.  Both cheats are great. 

@faithgr --- You can also use the cheat you mentioned for career reward objects, not just clothes.

Now, you'll be able to get that jacket!

It is'nt a career reward, just a career uniform. Like the ones Sims 3 sims are often seen walking around when you play vanilla games.