Author Topic: Doctor Career Bug? I don't want to follow anymore!  (Read 3596 times)

Offline baerserk

• Nooboo
Doctor Career Bug? I don't want to follow anymore!
« on: October 11, 2016, 12:01:19 AM »
So I just got my sim to level 10 in doctor career. Since it's my first time playing in this career, I enjoyed getting to last stage but now I want to stop following my sim to work so I can focus on other family members. The thing is, everytime I don't follow him to work, I don't have the options (work hard, relax, socialize with colleagues) as non-active careers do, and my sim always comes back with bad performance and the bar drops. Is this a bug? I remember in detective career I got my sim to level 10 and then I stopped following him to it but there was those options and all.
Someone help?
Thank u in advance.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Doctor Career Bug? I don't want to follow anymore!
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2016, 05:57:03 PM »
Hi baerserk welcome to the forum.  Sending a sim to one of the active careers without following them should work just like all the other non-active careers. They'll even get promoted etc without you following them!

Quit out of your game and go into the 'The Sims 4' folder and delete the localthumbcache.package file. This should help to clear out any small glitches etc. Then try your game again. Your sim should have the option of just working at a normal work tone without having to be followed.

Some other options to make sure your sims mood doesn't tank completely is to try to give them some of the longer lasting moodlets before heading off to work. There are some moodlets that will last longer than a typical work day which will help to ensure your sim doesn't get too stressed etc.

You can also buy the reward trait 'Carefree' which will stop your sim ever being tense.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.