Author Topic: 22k Bill and living in a 30k Value House  (Read 9673 times)

Offline Spiderkeys

• Llama Wrangler
22k Bill and living in a 30k Value House
« on: October 09, 2016, 08:16:57 AM »
Can anyone explain if this is suppose to be correct?

I move a sim into a house I built and eventually got my first bill, it's was to my shock $22.375.

So I presume I might of added something so expensive as I built the lot, so to try to work out the problem, I clicked on Build Mode, then Info Lot Panel.

Lot Value $30.753
       Lot Dimensions: 20x20

I find out my lot is only 30k. This week I struggled I think I can pay this bill, but if it's 22k again next week, not a chance, unless I win the lottery or w/e.   This is very frustrating...

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
Re: 22k Bill and living in a 30k Value House
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2016, 03:20:45 AM »
Go fishing, and sell the fish --- even if they're foul, have your Sims make something or write something, and sell it, or sell something else.

One time when my legacy family was new, I had them sell any expensive furniture that they had managed to afford, as well as extra lights in the house. 

move/make more Sims into your household (There is a limit of 8 Sims per household.)

Have your Sims complete whims (3 thought bubbles above each of their heads) to earn satisfaction points.  Once your Sims have enough satisfaction points, then, they can buy traits in the rewards store --- click on your Sims' aspiration icon in the lower right to see how many satisfaction points each of your Sims has or to enter the rewards store.  Buy the frugal trait for 2,000 satisfaction points to reduce their bills each month)
https://www.thesims.com/news/whims-aspirations-goals
more about whims and aspirations --- as well as a photo of what an aspiration icon looks like

Have your Sims always complete their daily work task at home.  You can see that under their job panel at the bottom right.  Make sure you send them to work in the right mood --- it will say that on their job panel, also.  By doing those 2 things, your Sims will get promoted faster. 

Also, if you have Get Together, then, you could create a club and invite Sims to do their daily work task as the club's activity.  Buy the perk networking club for 500 perk points to get an even faster promotion.

Check the cost of items in your Sim's house.  For example, my Sims can afford it, but they have a bed for §12,000, a bathtub for §12,000, a toilet for §1,800, and some fun activities for about §3,000 apiece.

or...if you really need to:
Press shift control c (all at the same time) to get the cheat console box to come up in the upper left hand corner,  type testingcheats on (in the box,) and then, type money 22375 each time bills are delivered.

Then, after you pay the bills, type in the amount of money that your Sims would normally have --- So, money 500000 --- or whatever number.  Don't use commas when you type in the money amount.

http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=23632.0.html#post_TC
how to open the cheat console box --- or if you want to learn more about cheats.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2016, 08:49:02 AM »
Welcome to the forum @Spiderkeys if your sim was on another lot when the bills arrived sometimes what happens is all the items on that lot are also taken into consideration by the game when calculating the bill amount. It's a glitch that can't be solved so you just have to cheat the money in to pay the broken bill.

If your sim was on the home lot have a look through the sims personal or household inventory as all items in there are also taken into consideration by the game when calculating the bill amount.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline CuriousSim

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2016, 10:52:47 PM »
I personally don't like resorting to using the testing cheats, to make money. However, I do save masterpiece paintings to the gallery, sometimes, when I need to combat bankruptcy. It's a non cheating way to ch... come out ahead.

Offline Spiderkeys

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2016, 03:39:14 AM »
I refrain ever from using any cheat of all at any sort also that's has them anything to do with just "Giving" them money.

This single sim was a game created sim who was in the Homeless pool, his best skills is Mischief 10, Fishing 7, and Voilin 3, I fish all day, but no way can it pay $22k off in a week, I'm lucky to make $300-$400 per day with this.

I thought the best career for a sim with those skills would be an Entertainer, and he would like to go to work Inspired. Getting inspired is more difficult as home, now I'm living without Electricity and Water, I can't use the computer to browse simpedia anymore, etc. I can only reply on a single painting I haven't sold yet.

But i',m now accepting this, 22k problem was a bug of some sort, and a one-off, one more day at work should pay this bill now, hopefully next time my true bill will come.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2016, 09:31:01 AM »
I hope it's a bug :).

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2016, 09:34:49 AM »
Quickest way to get inspired without needing a computer is to cloud/star gaze.  Select you sim and click on their body to find the interaction.  Remember to cancel the interaction as soon as the moodlet triggers or they will spend ages lying on their back.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2016, 09:42:21 AM »
Quickest way to get inspired without needing a computer is to cloud/star gaze.  Select you sim and click on their body to find the interaction.  Remember to cancel the interaction as soon as the moodlet triggers or they will spend ages lying on their back.

Also, even the cheapest shower can get your Sims inspired by taking a "Thoughtful Shower."

Offline CuriousSim

• Occult
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2016, 06:38:17 PM »
My favorite combo, for getting inspired, is buy a bar; buy a computer; get a postcard; enable its aura; then make a lot of ProsenPops. Take a thoughtful shower, and drink a ProsenPop, before going to job, that requires an inspired mood.

Also, it would be good to have a reliable fridge, to store your ProsenPops.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2016, 08:41:55 PM »
I only use cheats when I get desperate.  I suggested that at the end of my post about earning money not from a job.  Cheats are a last resort for me.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2016, 09:44:55 PM »
I have no such scruples... I use cheats constantly when playing casually.  ;)  :P
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2016, 11:17:39 PM »
This July,  when my game with my main Sim family crashed, I used tons of cheats for everything because I did everything without cheats for the first 30 generations before my computer crashed.  I ended up starting my game in July with the last 4 generations of my main Sim family, and because of all the cheats, I accomplished, in 3 weeks, what had taken me 6 months to do the first time --- including building lots.

Of course, I have used potions since I found out about them :) 

I think cheats are fine to include in TS4, but I minimize when I use them --- aside from that special situation in July.  :P

anything