Author Topic: Hysterical Adult Did Not Die  (Read 4352 times)

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
Hysterical Adult Did Not Die
« on: October 02, 2016, 10:29:33 PM »
I am extremely cognizant of my Sims' emotions --- especially after one of them died 3 months ago.  That happened right before my game completely crashed that same day a few hours later, and I had to do a factory reset.  Now, I have fewer items/lots/Sims in the world, so things run faster.  There is much less lag.

Anyway, tonight, the same Sim who died 3 months ago (I restarted my legacy family), became hysterical.  I thought that he would certainly die.  However, he had a focused potion in his inventory, so I had him drink it immediately, and he lived.  Then, I had him stay on the computer all day next to his science award with the aura on and take a little nap.

Why didn't he die? :o  I thought that if an adult Sim reached hysterical, etc. that they would die directly after reaching that state.  He did not have Gas and Giggles, but he seemed to become hysterical suddenly.  I know that Gas and Giggles generally makes Sims playful or very playful.

However, each of my Sims in my main family, as well as some of my other playable Sims have 30 death flowers apiece --- just in case.  At least, I had a chance in July to test out how using death flowers to plead with the Grim Reaper works.

Offline Franki

• Occult
Re: Hysterical Adult Did Not Die
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2016, 11:02:31 PM »
If I remember the last time I had a sim die of Hysterical, they had to become Very Hysterical in order to die.
Straud/Masters - Tangled and defying untangling attempts

I Aten't Dead - Granny Weatherwax

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2016, 11:29:15 PM »
If you act immediately and do something to change the emotional state like sleep or change the top emotion etc the sim will not die. if you leave a sim in the hysterical emotional state then the will eventually die.

Because you directed your sim to drink the focused potion, and so therefore become focused, your sim lived.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2016, 01:33:29 AM »
If you act immediately and do something to change the emotional state like sleep or change the top emotion etc the sim will not die. if you leave a sim in the hysterical emotional state then the will eventually die.

Because you directed your sim to drink the focused potion, and so therefore become focused, your sim lived.
Thanks, Playalot.  I was glad that my Sim had that focused potion. 

The last time he died of hysteria, everyone was telling jokes a lot at a big dinner party with about 20 Sims in total, but now, I only have them tell one joke at a time and I have them invite maybe 5 Sims at a time.  I really don't know what triggered his hysteria, but at least he had that focused potion.  Of course, it was the same Sim as last time.

Now, I will put about 10 focused potions in each of my main Sim family's inventories.  It's good to know that sleep works, too.  I used that as a backup, in case that potion didn't do enough. 

If I remember the last time I had a sim die of Hysterical, they had to become Very Hysterical in order to die.
Thanks Franki.  That makes sense, but I thought that my Sim would go into very hysterical very, very quickly or be hysterical for too long.  I think the 4th level of any emotional state is when a Sim actually dies. 

At least Sim children can only die by fire or drowning.  As a precaution, all of my playable Sim children have a 10 motor skill, the never weary trait, the hardly hungry trait, the steel bladder trait and the antiseptic trait. 

All of my playable adults have completed the Freelance Botanist aspiration, so they're fireproof, cooking and gourmet cooking level 10, and have the grill masters trait, and therefore, the children are pretty safe from fire because they can't light a fire or use the stove or grill, and I don't let the adults "add a log" to the campfire and none of my Sims ever go near a bonfire.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2016, 03:53:01 PM »
@coolsim9999999
If your sim finds herself without a focused potion, she can always run to a mirror and do the "Calm down" interaction.
The mirror is how I usually deal with it, with two mirrors in the hallway outside the party area.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2016, 06:53:53 PM »
@oshizu --- Your mirror idea is a really good one.  I will try that if they are near a mirror.  That house has a lot of bathrooms, and each one has a mirror, as well as a few other rooms, but it's 3 floors, a huge roof deck and 2 basement levels, so sometimes they don't stay in the kitchen/living room combo when there is a party.  There are actually 4 kitchens.

This is the first floor of my main lot where everyone hangs out most of the time.  This floor has 8 mirrors.