Author Topic: A Little Bit of Everything: The Turpin Legacy  (Read 6847 times)

Offline Devin

• Occult
A Little Bit of Everything: The Turpin Legacy
« on: September 25, 2016, 11:37:43 AM »
Introduction

Welcome to the Turpin Legacy Challenge. This is my first attempt at a legacy in over a year and I hope to be successful this time. I will be scoring this legacy and have chosen to make an extreme start, in part because I like the added challenge and in part because I like the extra space that I get on such a large lot. Also, I like Windenburg.

My plan in telling the story of these sims is to focus on the sims themselves and the points that they've earned instead of attempting to take brilliant photos and tell a remarkable story. The story I'm generally capable of, the photos elude me: I'm just not a photographer. I'll be capturing key moments and attempting to convey the "feel" of these sims for you, while providing updates on each generation and their progress.

I like to upload each of my sims at all stages. The sims are uploaded individually using the CAS cheats, and I'll be providing links to them in the gallery.

The main purpose of this topic is to help me to keep track of the progress in this legacy, as I will be scoring (there's little point to following the rules if you won't be scoring, IMO).

Family Tree

RULES:

Extreme Start
Gender Law: Matriarchy
Bloodline Law: Strict Traditional
Succession Law: Random
Current Score: 15 Points

Sim Index:

Offline Devin

• Occult
Charity Turpin (Founder)
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2016, 12:26:20 PM »

Founder: Charity Turpin
Adult Aspiration: Soulmate (Completed), Painter Extraordinaire
Traits: Creative, Romantic, Cheerful, Connected
Career: Painter
Spouse: Paul McWilliams
Children: Gavin & Hudson Turpin (identical [?] twins), Jarrett Turpin, Lacey Turpin, Jonathan Turpin, Grant Turpin

Download Charity!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Devin

• Occult
Re: A Little Bit of Everything: The Turpin Legacy
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2016, 05:06:25 PM »
Co-Founder: Paul McWilliams
Adult Aspiration: Musical Genius
Traits: Bookworm, Neat, Snob
Career: Entertainer
Spouse: Chastity Turpin
Children: Gavin & Hudson Turpin (identical [?] twins), Jarrett Turpin, Lacey Turpin, Jonathan Turpin, Grant Turpin

Download Paul!

Offline Devin

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2016, 08:25:49 AM »
I did say that I'm terrible at story telling these days, and I'm worse about taking good photos, especially when there are a lot of sims in the house. I'm trying to do better because I want to do something sort of photographically special with this family/legacy, but these first parts are really pretty awful. I'm sorry about that.

This update is going to be the biggest for generation one most likely, though I'm trying to get more pictures of the Generation Two kids.

First and foremost, I had to get Chastity onto the big 64x64 lot in Windenberg, so I moved her onto the smaller lot behind it and then had her call to move.

And here she is on her gigantic lot!

The first thing I had her do was go to the library in Windenberg, since this is the easiest way to meet a potential spouse. Librarians are always young adults and nearly always males. A lot of them have also been aliens in my game. For me this is the easiest way to find a spouse.

The librarian in Windenberg was, true to form, male and a young adult! His name is Paul.

Chastity introduced herself.

And told stories.

I should mention at this point that I also find that librarians are particularly receptive to socials.

She quickly got him onto their first date!

They chatted.

And flirted.

And had their first kiss! Soon after she asked him to be her boyfriend (during their second date), meeting the first requirement of her aspiration.

Later that evening, Chastity proposed.

Paul took the ring...

And accepted!

They were married the next day!

I cheated away his §20000 but we still managed to get....

THIS!

So now the family can start to spend their money.

NOT being able to spend their money makes food virtually impossible, for the record. What a nightmare. I wasn't so great at making money in the early part of this legacy, but I made all of it by doing collecting and selling the collectibles.

Frogs are the way to go with this. If you can get two rare frogs and breed them to one another, you will always produce high-dollar frogs. So my advice if you're doing the extreme start is to go ahead and hit the logs until you find or breed two rare frogs, then keep the two rare frogs and breed them against one another throughout the challenge. It's §100 a pop for some of them!

Offline Devin

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2016, 08:48:08 AM »
This is where my photo-taking skills really go down the drain. This is up to current in terms of my photos and the twins have been teenagers for a while. I'm going to try to do better after this, I promise!

Chastity and Paul are still eating at the park in Willow Creek, mooching off whoever has cooked food and left it lying around for strangers to pick up and eat.

They have their first date as a married couple -- a gold medal date, as they have all been.

And their second, also a gold medal date.

Chastity's first baby bump is showing!

Back at the "house," Chastity is looking huge!

It seems like it's the blink of an eye before Chastity and Paul's twins, Glenn and Hudson, are studying together at the kitchen table!

Hudson practices his violin skills.

And so does Paul! Note that he is in the new, enclosed, kitchen!

Soon Jarrett arrives (a very fussy baby)!

The three boys study together as children.

And Paul ages up (shortly after Lacey is born, actually)!

Not long after, the whole family sits down to eat a meal together -- that's six sims at the table! Lacy is a child by this point. I told you I'm terrible about not taking pictures!

The twins age up to teenagers (and I don't get pictures. Argh!)!

And so does Jarrett!

I promise in the next update I'll work on improving the lighting in these pictures (because whoah) and taking more photos of the sims!

Offline Devin

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2016, 12:29:15 PM »
At this point, this is the most absurdly diverse series of sims that I've ever had come out of a single family. We have black hair, red hair, blonde hair, and brown hair. You'll only see the black and red hair in this post so far, but I've seen the other kids as children and teens! Crazy genetics in Paul's family apparently!

Generation Two Male: Glenn Turpin
Childhood Aspiration: Rambunctious Scamp (Completed)
Adult Aspiration: Master Mixologist
Traits: Physically Gifted, Geek, Outgoing, Romantic, Essence of Flavor
Accomplishments: Rambunctious Scamp Aspiration

Download Glenn!

Generation Two Male: Hudson Turpin
Childhood Aspiration: Artistic Prodigy (Completed)
Adult Aspiration: Freelance Botanist (Started)
Traits: Creatively Gifted, Mean, Glutton, Genius (what horrible traits! lol), Collector
Accomplishments: Artistic Prodigy Aspiration

Download Hudson!

Generation Two Male: Jarrett
Childhood Aspiration: Artistic Prodigy (Completed)
Adult Aspiration: Computer Whiz (Started)
Traits: Creatively Gifted, Neat, Goofball, Kleptopmaniac, Quick Learner

Download Jarrett!

Heir Apparent: Lacey Turpin
Childhood Aspiration: Whiz Kid
Adult Aspiration: Fabulously Wealthy
Traits: Mentally Gifted, Creative, Clumsy, Goofball
Accomplishments: Whiz Kid Aspiration

Download Lacey!*

Second Generation Male: Jonathan Turpin
Childhood Aspiration: Artistic Prodigy
Adult Aspiration: Public Enemy
Traits: Creatively Gifted, Neat, Clumsy, Childish

Download Jonathan!

Second Generation Male: Grant Turpin
Childhood Aspiration: Whiz Kid
Adult Aspiration: Fabulously Wealthy
Traits: Mentally Gifted, Squeamish, Neat, Childish
Accomplishments: Whiz Kid Aspiration

Download Grant!

Second Generation Male: Conrad Turpin
Childhood Aspiration: Rambunctious Scamp
Adult Aspiration: Master Chef
Traits: Physically Gifted, Art Lover, Genius, Neat
Accomplishments: Rambunctious Scamp Aspiration

Download Conrad!

Second Generation Male: Sylas Turpin
Adult Aspiration: Chief of Mischief
Traits: Creatively  Gifted, Insane, Creative, Dance Machine

Download Grant!

Second Generation Spare: Anita Turpin
Adult Aspiration: Successful Lineage
Traits: Creatively  Gifted, Creative, Goofball, Loner

Download Anita!

Second Generation Male: Giovanni Turpin
Childhood Aspiration: Rambunctious Scamp
Adult Aspiration: Master Mixologist
Traits: Physically Gifted, Creative, Outgoing, Neat

Download Giovanni!

* Please do not use this sim for your legacy stories!

Offline Devin

• Occult
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2016, 04:47:37 PM »
I don't know when I'm going to get to cropping and editing photos to attempt to tell this story, but I have to laugh: This is a matriarchy with seven boy children and one girl (so far)!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2016, 02:42:03 PM »
Did you forget to feed Chastity strawberries?  Sure cure for making girl babies.  Your Sims are beautiful.  I personally dislike facial hair on Sims as it often hides a really awful chin, (like in Bob Pancakes), but obviously this is not the case for Paul.  His offspring look so much like him and all are good looking and unusual.  Book marking this one.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2016, 06:38:21 PM »
Good start! I love Paul's makeover, and good strategy going for the librarian! I agree with Joria, the kids are all super good-looking.

Offline Devin

• Occult
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2016, 07:23:58 PM »
So I really am supremely bad at taking enough photos and telling a story with my sims, so bear with me with this. I'm still getting the hang of it and I keep having lapses in photo-taking, so this may be a giant photo-dump until I can get a bit better at this. I'm sorry!

@Joria I'm a horrible person and I actually load the sim into CAS to remove facial hair before I pass on their genes, just to make sure. So I removed the beard ahead of time to find out what I was dealing with. Turns out I liked him with it more than without it. Paul has been a great sim for me!

I didn't have her eat strawberries in the hopes of having a natural group of kids to work with and seeing how it played out, but given that (oops) generation 3 is already begun and we seem to be following the tradition of having boys, I might have to!

@FrancescaFiori Thank you! I have the rest of the adult photos for the other kids ready to go, but I might redo them with some makeovers. Wait until you see the rest of them. Most of them are attractive but this is the weirdest gene pool I've ever had to work with! Just considering that neither Chastity nor Paul are red-heads and both Lacey and Jonathan are?

I had the Turpins throw a Spooky Party.

They decorated the house. Decked it all the way out, actually!

The kids all dressed up!

Lacey and Jonathan carved pumpkins. So did Grant but he was a bit late and I didn't get a picture of it.

He did play some tricks though!

Offline Devin

• Occult
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2016, 07:29:24 PM »
Beyond this point I oopsed and forgot to load Fraps most of the time that I had the game running, which means that although I tried to snap photos, I mostly failed. There's going to be a gap, but I'm working on the next section right now.

I'm laughing at myself because I'm also realizing how really bad at this game I am after all these years of playing. Hopefully after this legacy I'll be better, yes?

Anyway, the next update will introduce Generation 3, I'm afraid.

Offline Devin

• Occult
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2016, 10:05:49 PM »
Let me kick this off by updating you on what is going on with this family in general in the gap between the last update and this one.

Chastity and Paul achieved their goal of having 10 children. By the time that Giovanni came along, Paul was already an elder, but pregnancy had bought Chastity extra time to continue to produce more children. Their children, in birth order, are Glenn, Hudson, Jarrett, Lacey, Jonathan, Grant, Conrad, Sylas, Anita, and Giovanni. That's eight boys and two girls. I've been moving the boys out as soon as they reach young adulthood rather than attempting to work on their aspirations simply to make room for more, which is always one of the challenges in a legacy. I've discovered along the way that I love playing eight-sim households. One thing's for sure: You're never bored.

At the point of this update, Glenn, Hudson, Jarrett, Jonathan, and Grant have all been moved out. Conrad, Sylas, Anita, and Giovanni are still living at home, along with Lacey, who was chosen heir by a randomizer. Anita would have bought me more time if she'd rolled as the heir, but I do NOT think she's an attractive sim so I'm sort of glad for this >.>

Lacey has moved her boyfriend, a #legacylove named Daniel Lottenbe, into the home, and the two of them have produced the first child of generation 3: A boy named Bryson. Further information on those sims not already listed will be made available shortly. The relevant sims at this point are Lacey, Daniel, and Bryson.

Lacey rolled the aspiration of Fabulously Wealthy after easily completing her childhood aspiration of Whiz Kid. Her traits are creative, clumsy, and goofball, in addition to the aspiration traits that she has earned. She's currently in the final phase of completing her first adult aspiration and is about 7 days from becoming an "adult." She is currently in the Astronaut career.

Daniel is a Body Builder with the traits Self-Assured, Bro, and Active. He is also in the Astronaut career. They are both in level five at the time of writing and expected to make quick work of the promotions, as they both autonomously build fitness skill. (The indoor pool doesn't hurt!)

Bryson is a Social Butterfly (ick, nobody's favorite apparently!) and is actually sailing through his childhood aspiration so far. His trait is goofball. I like him a lot.

So, without further ado, the update.

Giovanni and Conrad sit and chat across the bar while Giovanni works on his mixology skills. He aspires to be a Master Mixologist while his blonde elder brother would love to be a Master Chef. The two make a great pair this way!

While Giovanni works on his mixology skills....

Conrad adds to his growing repertoire of recipes.

Chastity has reached the top of the paining career since Paul's death (which hit the entire family hard) and she's now painting in her studio while she works on her third aspiration (Fabulously Wealthy).

Later, Lacey sweats it out while Giovanni cheers her on.

And Sylas picks on Daniel in the hopes of getting at least one person to dislike him for his aspiration.

Meanwhile, Bryson builds his social skill by chatting with Blarfy.

And then Daniel goes to work it off. No point in staying mad, right? Sylas is his future brother-in-law!

When Chastity's done with her painting, she spends some time getting to know her only grandson.

And he shares his secrets with her.

Later, he goes looking for some discarded toys, but comes up empty-handed.

On a side note, has anybody else noticed a lack of fallen logs and abandoned mines since Kid's Room Stuff came out?

It's time for another Turpin Party -- a Dinner Party this time -- and so Daniel fixes the broken dishwasher and cleans up the kitchen.

Conrad and Giovanni host, and Conrad fixes the requested Garden Salad for dinner (he's capable of so much more!)

And Giovanni fixes up some tea!

The party is mostly just for family, but it's a roaring success, and nets a gold medal for the Turpin clan!

I have admittedly not kept great track of my parties, because my notes show three gold and three silver for parties and dates and there were at least five dates between Chastity and Paul, and all were gold. Because I didn't note them at the time I refuse to go back and add them in now, which disappoints me due to the number of medal points I want to earn for these events and the fact that this was the fifth or sixth party, the second achieving gold.

Oh, well. So much for keeping excellent score lol

Offline Devin

• Occult
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2016, 07:33:28 AM »
I had meant to share this with the last update, but forgot.

Both Charity and Paul have been memorialized, and there's a painting of Lacey ready to go as well. I need to have either Charity or Lacey do Daniel's. Lacey's already at painting level 10 to work on her aspiration alongside her Astronaut career, so she'll be available to paint for Generations 3 and 4 (I hope).

I find it funny that I forgot to have Paul do another painting of Chastity when she wasn't dressed for work. Oops haha

Offline Devin

• Occult
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2016, 11:29:47 AM »
The generation two list has been updated. I'll be adding Giovanni later. He seems to have been born significantly later than his elder siblings, which I don't remember happening that way, but whatever. There's plenty of household room for generation 3 at the moment anyway! An update is coming shortly.

Offline Devin

• Occult
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2016, 11:58:05 AM »

As soon as Paul's urn had been placed, the family set to mourning for him. He'd been in Chastity's inventory prior to that.

Lacey took her grief out on painting. Each painting she makes sells, and that's one step closer to her aspiration.

And Daniel worked on his aspiration and his requirements for his astronaut career.

I had to laugh about this one. Giovanni randomly made this hamburger cake. He's not even a household cook!

Bryson is a Social Butterfly so he's not normally studious, but he sat at the kitchen table to do his homework!

Then he headed upstairs to train his voidcritters. He didn't have anybody to play the game with so he just trained.

Gotta love those mother-son moments!

Anita's grades have slipped so she has to work harder on her homework.

Charity would prefer to chat with her daughter rather than having Anita on her cell phone! Maybe this is the reason for those bad grades?

Later that night, Paul made his first appearance as a ghost.

It was good for him to see Anita again. He'd hardly gotten to know her during life.

They shared a hug.

And Paul went back to his urn happy.

anything