Author Topic: Recommended challenges?  (Read 3495 times)

Offline acerthorn

• Llama Wrangler
Recommended challenges?
« on: September 16, 2016, 06:45:34 AM »
I'm looking for a Sims 3 challenge that will actually test my Sims3 skills. Thus far, the Immortal Dynasty Challenge from this site's owner is the only challenge that's tough enough for me to not get bored with it a few hours in.

But there's still one aspect of the challenge that I just can't stand: It's RNG-based.  Specifically, every Sim has to complete six unique challenges before he can become immortal. However, it's entirely luck-based whether these challenges even come up in the first place! And I can't use a mod to improve the odds of me getting a challenge, either!

So, can somebody recommend a challenge that meets all of the following criteria:

1. It has to be tough as nails. I'd prefer if it required you make a plan at the beginning.
2. To the extent it may be based on RNG, I'd like it to still be manipulatable with the vanilla game, so I can improve my odds.
3. I'd like it to encompass as much of the game as possible. Instead of focusing entirely on being a teenager without parents, or getting as much money as I possibly can, I'd like it involve plenty of other things. This is one of my favorite things about the immortal dynasty challenge: Your first sim in each generation (and it has to be specifically the first) must complete a series of tasks from all portions of the game before they can eat Ambrosia!

Are there any challenges like that?

Alternatively, is there some way I can improve my chances of getting career based opportunities? I'd prefer to use those opportunities because A) the ID challenge requires the opportunities be unique, and all the career opportunities are unique to each other, and B) I already need to have a unique career for each immortal, so it seems like a perfect match. Any ideas?

Offline Caterina

• Occult
Re: Recommended challenges?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2016, 09:12:31 AM »
The Apocalypse Challenge is the most difficult challenge I have played.  That is probably why it is one of my favorites.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2016, 02:07:39 PM »
If you haven't already seen it - here's a page with links to all the Sims 3 Tournament challenges the site hosted before Sims 4 was released. Some were not too difficulty, but there were plenty very tough ones.

http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=12993.0

Offline acerthorn

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2016, 03:11:23 AM »
The Apocalypse Challenge is the most difficult challenge I have played.  That is probably why it is one of my favorites.

Link?

Offline Caterina

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2016, 09:31:00 AM »
The rules have changed quite a bit from when I played last in The Sims 3.  You may find the most recent set here.  There are also a few worlds in the exchange that make gameplay more fun.  Search for user Rflong.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2016, 11:15:03 PM »

Link?
The rules have changed quite a bit from when I played last in The Sims 3.  You may find the most recent set here.  There are also a few worlds in the exchange that make gameplay more fun.  Search for user Rflong.

Link?

Here is a link to the Apocalypse Challenge Acerthorn. Also, if you have facebook account, there is a support group for this challenge where you can freely discuss rules and ask questions.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2016, 03:21:11 AM »
Whoops! It looks like I forgot to put the link in here! : /  Here you go: https://ts3ac.wikispaces.com/TS3AC

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Variosities

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2016, 09:27:33 PM »
These aren't official challenges, but I've had some fun with the following:

1. Do-Over. Start with your family with you as a child. Recreate as much as you can. Then see how well you can grow yourself.

2. Clone. Create one young adult Sim. When they complete their LTW get a clone. Raise your clone and when it completes its LTW, get it a clone. Continue the LTW - Raise a clone cycle.

3. The Foster Family. Start with one young adult with the Surrounded By Family LTW. You can have another YA or A if you want. As soon as you can afford it, adopt an infant. When the adoptee ages up to child, adopt another infant. Continue adopting as each toddler ages up to child. Once a teen ages up to YA, move them out unless you need to replace a caregiver and the new YA is suitable.