Author Topic: How to get rid of ghosts  (Read 46498 times)

Offline mousething19

• Nooboo
How to get rid of ghosts
« on: September 14, 2016, 07:38:07 AM »
Hey everyone!

So I have a ts4 question: How do I get rid of ghosts? I know I can send them in another world once they're in my household, but what about npc's?
Like: I worked in a hospital and there were ghosts working. Now they ask me out ?

Any ideas how to get rid of them?? :-\

Thank you! ;)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: How to get rid of ghosts
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2016, 08:09:26 PM »
Hi @mousething19  Welcome to the forum.

Sometimes if the game has housed the ghosts you can delete them straight from the manage world>manage households menu.

If the ghosts are not in houses and do not appear in the manage world>manage households menu then you have to use cheats to delete them: enable testingcheats on when your sim is out and about and sees a ghost shift click them and then add them to your household. From there you can start moving them all out into their own household and then once you have rounded them all up simply delete that household from your game.

(You can also delete each ghost as you get them into your household just I'm never 100% if deleting sims like that doesn't cause game issues. I have deleted some of my household sims from CAS before but I always think better to be safe than sorry!)

If you have Get Together try not to visit a community bar/lounge lot on Ghosts Night as that causes the game to spawn in another whole lot of new ghosts.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2016, 02:54:48 PM »
Playalot my list of friends is almost entirely ghosts at this point.   How do you remove them from your list of friends?  These are not housed ghosts.  In dynasty play you are not allowed to remove Sims from your household, so if I invited a ghost into my household wouldn't I be stuck with them?
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2016, 05:15:40 PM »
With a dynasty @Joria you can not use the method I described above because, as you say, the rules do not allow for getting rid of household members.

In my dynasty I just ignored the friends panel quite frankly as the only sims in there apart from Dude's family were ghosts. It doesn't effect your dynasty to leave them apart from the fact that they count towards the over all world sim count. (That's why you get culling happening in older dynasty saves quite badly.) So... without breaking the rules, there is no way to remove the ghosts from a dynasty save.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2016, 03:12:03 AM »
So, having those ghosts count as part of the population is probably why I wound up with two entirely empty towns?  By repopulating them via the new rules change, won't the new members get culled anyway and therefor empty out the towns again?
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2016, 03:51:20 AM »
So, having those ghosts count as part of the population is probably why I wound up with two entirely empty towns?  By repopulating them via the new rules change, won't the new members get culled anyway and therefor empty out the towns again?
@Joria --- Maybe you could put all the Sims you want to keep --- played and unplayed in houses.  Then, as long as you don't have more than 120 Sims (120 is the last number I heard for total number of Sims in the world before culling begins) --- played or unplayed, then, they won't get culled.  Your playable Sims are safe, anyway. 

I don't know the rules for dynasties, but that's the general rule, otherwise.

http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=27115.0
more information about which Sims are safe from culling.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2016, 08:43:52 AM »

Yes, all sims alive or dead count towards that population cap.

If the new members are not placed into houses then yes, they would just be culled in the next round of culling. Only sims in houses are completely free of being culled/removed from the game.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything