Author Topic: Dance party venues Bluffs, Ruins & Chalet not generating  (Read 6054 times)

Offline DavinMcleod

• Nooboo
Dance party venues Bluffs, Ruins & Chalet not generating
« on: September 14, 2016, 04:46:18 AM »
Hi, so my sims will get invited to the bluffs or ruins (Generally not the chalet so much) for parties but when they get there, there is no DJ booth, no mixologist. Build mode appears to be available so in the past I've had to add this stuff. At this point only two sims who visit these venues can dance, but the rest of the sims gather around the entrance and just talk, don't do anything. DJ does show up but mixologist does not. There is a mystery cloud of fog where the DJ booth used to be and sims will sometimes dance in that ...

I'm on Windows 10 and the game runs almost flawlessly since I started playing in May, but it has this one particular glitch which is spoiling party fun :/

Ive searched this forum and online but not much info. I did repair my game, didn't help.
Although my user name is male, I am in fact a woman! Its the name of an old sim I used to play.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Dance party venues Bluffs, Ruins & Chalet not generating
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2016, 08:04:02 PM »
Hi! Have you tried starting a new game to see if the special lots are working correctly there? I'm not sure what might have gone wrong but you could try 2 things:
1. Quit out of your game and then delete the localthumbcache.package file from your The Sims 4 folder.
2. A factory repair. How To Link.

If the special lots/dance parties are still not functioning correctly you could try renaming the auto save file.

Hopefully one of these things works for you.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline DavinMcleod

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2016, 05:20:01 AM »
Thank, I will give these suggestions a try. (The Chalet actually did still work, its the other two that do not)

I'll try the first suggestion first.
Although my user name is male, I am in fact a woman! Its the name of an old sim I used to play.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2016, 05:09:52 PM »
Great, let me know how you get on as there is always the option of a uninstall/reinstall but that takes a bit of time these days if you have a few of the packs but I'm hoping you won't need to do that.

Offline DavinMcleod

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2016, 08:22:45 PM »
Okay well I deleted the cache, didn't work. I did a factory reset, didn't work. If I rename my save file will it mess up relationships? I've heard that starting a new save file will mess up relationships and I'd kinda hate to do that...

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2016, 09:07:28 PM »
Not sure... I'll tag @MrsFlynn  in here to answer that question.

If none of those things have worked it may be that it is a game bug that needs a developers fix.

If you wanted to start a brand new game with the same sims... then you would need to save your sims to your library etc (I'm sure you know that) and place them into the new game.

The only thing I have found is a vague bug report but like you, they too couldn't find a way to solve it.

If you go into build mode and place the objects needed (dj booth, mixology bar, lights etc) does the party work as it should? If it does that may be the only work around that is feasible.

Another thing you could try is contacting crinrict by posting a message on the USA official forums in their bug report section or by posting a  bug report on the EA The Sims 4 bug reports as I know she often asks for save files and then basically dissects them to problem solve.

If this is one of those bugs that needs a devs fix the quicker a bug report is made the quicker a dev may see it and look into it.

*edited. it just occurred to me @DavinMcleod  are you using any mods or cc?

Offline DavinMcleod

• Nooboo
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2016, 11:39:44 PM »
I am using mods/cc, I just actually dumped a whole bunch anyway. But not all of it. The one that is the most important to me is MC Master Controller to prevent my sims in rotational houses from having autonomous adulterous relationships.

I did find someone on EA's official form posted about the same problem but they didnt use mod's or CC

ETA: Also, to answer your question, they CAN party on the bluffs "lot" but one time they couldn't, everyone stood at the entrance and chatted. But I'm at the bluffs now and its working. I dont know about the ruins though as I'm not often invited there.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2016, 03:30:50 AM »
Did you know there is a help thread on the official USA Sims forum specifically for MC Command Center?

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/837115/need-help-with-mc-command-center-ask-here/p1

Might be worth checking out as playing with MC CC changes your game dramatically and to be honest is probably the cause of the glitch you are experiencing.  :)

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2016, 09:39:08 AM »
@DavinMcleod

Renaming a save file should not hurt relationships or career status. This is different than starting a new save file with the family. It's basically just going back to a previous save. If you'd like more information on that, see the post linked below.

How-To: Restore a Saved Game
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=21519.msg387147#msg387147

Okay well I deleted the cache, didn't work. I did a factory reset, didn't work. If I rename my save file will it mess up relationships? I've heard that starting a new save file will mess up relationships and I'd kinda hate to do that...
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline DavinMcleod

• Nooboo
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2016, 05:53:14 PM »
Thank you! You'd never believe what happened!

I just got invited to the Bluffs and the DJ booth/Mixology bar generated where they were supposed to! I didn't do anything different recently, they are just suddenly there. If I get the glitch again I will come back here and try again. Many thanks

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2016, 06:15:47 PM »
Great news! So glad that has resolved itself.  :)

anything