Author Topic: Monsters Under the Bed  (Read 7415 times)

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
Monsters Under the Bed
« on: September 08, 2016, 11:21:07 PM »
Hi, I decided to pick up S4 for a little bit, for a change of pace. I got a surprise at the new monsters under the bed (it's been over a year since I last played) and read up on how to take care of them. I found out that the child can either gradually make friends w/it or have the parent spray for it. I tried the latter, but each time the child asks, the parent runs away and does something else! I tried making friends w/it and she still got scared. Maybe it'll take a while, I don't know. The guide also said that once they make friends, the child won't be able to sleep b/c they'll be energized so I don't think I want that either. Any help? Thanks!

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
Re: Monsters Under the Bed
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2016, 12:21:39 AM »
Get 1 or 2 "Coolala, The Defender Wall Lights" from build mode.  Search for it in the search box. 

That light only backfired once, and after that, I placed a second light, and my main family has not had any problems since.

I think a good rule of thumb is 1 light per every 2 Sim children that you have in a house.  I put it between their beds or one right next to each bed.

That light will make it so everyone in your Sim household can sleep through the night.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2016, 12:37:39 AM »
Thanks! I had forgotten about that light. : /  The kids were still scared after I put the light in and the monster left so I had each of them give mom a hug and that cleared them up instantly (just like real life).

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2016, 01:44:53 AM »
You're welcome.  I'm glad your Sim kids aren't scared anymore, but if you need that light again, it's there.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2016, 12:20:28 AM »
Well unfortunately, the monsters are back in spite of the light! I even tried buying a new bed, but that still didn't work. Is there a cheat to prevent the monster? Also as usual, the parent does not respond to asking to spray. :(  I'm pretty fed up w/this stuff now. In fact, this might even kill the game for me. I mean come on, monsters that don't go away and parents are totally and absolutely useless about it? Nothing works and the kid can't sleep or anything b/c of this? I think EA went WAY overboard on this!!!! If this can't be fixed some other way, then I don't know about TS4!! The emotions are bad enough! They're *always* tense and *always* angry b/c of something that happened at school, and *always* upset about something. I want to get back to the normal sims. This isn't real life!

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2016, 12:59:19 AM »
Well unfortunately, the monsters are back in spite of the light! I even tried buying a new bed, but that still didn't work. Is there a cheat to prevent the monster? Also as usual, the parent does not respond to asking to spray. :(  I'm pretty fed up w/this stuff now. In fact, this might even kill the game for me. I mean come on, monsters that don't go away and parents are totally and absolutely useless about it? Nothing works and the kid can't sleep or anything b/c of this? I think EA went WAY overboard on this!!!! If this can't be fixed some other way, then I don't know about TS4!! The emotions are bad enough! They're *always* tense and *always* angry b/c of something that happened at school, and *always* upset about something. I want to get back to the normal sims. This isn't real life!

There isn't a cheat to get rid of the monsters.  You could try buying 1 or 2 of those lights for each child.

Also, you could use the cheat sims.give_satisfaction_points x (x is the number of points ---- try at least 50,000 points ---
so after testingcheats on --- put  sims.give_satisfaction_points 50,000.  That way, you could buy all the reward traits (including "carefree" (so they won't get tense).  Buy the potions "sleep replacement" (at least 20 of them) and the potions "moodlet solver" and "happy."  To buy reward traits, click on your Sim's aspiration symbol.

Buy the "carefree" trait and the "incredibly friendly" trait for the parents, then, maybe they will want to spray for monsters or hug their kid if the child is afraid of monsters at night.  Some nights, you could give the kid the sleep replacement potion so that they don't need to sleep and will not be afraid of the monster under the bed.

Offline Mack

• Llama Wrangler
  • Don't fret, or you will miss the fun.
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2016, 03:34:53 AM »
I buy a double bed and have the kids sleep in it. No monster.
Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift; that's why it's called a present.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2016, 12:16:18 PM »
My 2 Sim kids in my main family also each have a double bed, and they've never seen a monster under the bed.  I have a light placed in the room, anyway. 

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2017, 11:29:09 AM »
Just getting back into Sims 4---now that they have toddlers! And just picked up all 3 expansion packs with the 50% off sale, so excited with all the new game play!I don't normally use the kids beds so forgot about the monster feature. I bought the night lights and so far so good! Thanks for the tip---can always depend on this site for answers and fixes!