Author Topic: Will my playable Sims get culled?  (Read 4786 times)

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
Will my playable Sims get culled?
« on: September 08, 2016, 03:09:52 PM »
I have 42 playable Sims
Most of them are my main family and their offspring.

I have 62 unplayed Sims --- placed in the world whom I would like to keep because my main family is friends with them.
Will they get culled?

Then, I have   54     unplayed Sims --- not in world whom I would like to keep, if possible because I fixed their names, aspirations/traits and clothes

My big question is: Since the total of all of my types of Sims is 158, when will culling start, and which type of Sims are definitely safe from culling?

I heard that 180 Sims of any kind is the limit before the game starts culling Sims --- or does it just stop adding new NPC's after it reaches 180 Sims?

BTW: I have 1 gym, 1 retail shop, 2 cafes, 3 libraries, 3 pools, 4 restaurants and 6 museums. 
I know some of those add Sims, but I don't think all of them do.

I do not have any bars, lounges, night clubs, rentals or spas that are that official property type.
I used generic, park or national park, instead.

Thanks a lot.  ;D

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Will my playable Sims get culled?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2016, 07:53:09 PM »
The threshold for culling is 120. It should only be unhoused sims that are culled. So if a sim is unplayed and in a house it should not be culled ever.

I am a little unclear if a played sim that is just In The World but not in a house would ever be culled. I would imagine the unplayed unhoused sims would be culled first but that is only a hunch.

The amount or type of lot makes no difference to this.

As far as I can tell you can have as many housed sims as you like but once the limit of 120 sims has been reached then those sims not in a house will be available for culling.

New NPC sims will still be generated once culling begins to occur in your game, they will generally be culled around midnight-3am each sim day.

You can manually manipulate your games sim numbers by deleting any extra sims you don't want in the manage household menu but you probably already know this.  :)

You can also use mods to alter this too. MC Command Center seems to be a popular mod and is well supported by its creator.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2016, 12:15:21 AM »
The threshold for culling is 120. It should only be unhoused sims that are culled. So if a sim is unplayed and in a house it should not be culled ever.

I am a little unclear if a played sim that is just In The World but not in a house would ever be culled. I would imagine the unplayed unhoused sims would be culled first but that is only a hunch.

The amount or type of lot makes no difference to this.

As far as I can tell you can have as many housed sims as you like but once the limit of 120 sims has been reached then those sims not in a house will be available for culling.

New NPC sims will still be generated once culling begins to occur in your game, they will generally be culled around midnight-3am each sim day.

You can manually manipulate your games sim numbers by deleting any extra sims you don't want in the manage household menu but you probably already know this.  :)

You can also use mods to alter this too. MC Command Center seems to be a popular mod and is well supported by its creator.

Thanks for all that information about culling, Playalot.  I will delete unwanted sims.  There a enough that I could cut because my sims don't really know them, and I just saw them yesterday or the day before, so it doesn't matter to me if those most recent sims stay in my game.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2016, 02:43:11 AM »
I'm sorry I could not directly answer your question. I get a little confused with all the percentages and exactly how it all works since it has changed a few times with patches etc. I also haven't been able to find a definitive answer on the web anywhere, bits and pieces from various sites but nothing where it is all laid out exactly. It would be so good if someone would do that.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2016, 09:54:08 PM »
That's O.K., Playalot.  Your answer was very good, and it really helped me out.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2016, 11:02:42 PM »
I think I did it right, now! :)

So, I have 57 playable Sims, and 63 unplayed Sims in houses.
total 120 Sims played and unplayed --- placed in houses.

I think I forgot to say that they were in houses before.  I think I just said in the world.

So, if the rest (25 Sims) get culled because they're not housed, that would be alright, but hopefully not all of them get culled.  I put all of the ones my main family really knows well in houses.

Thanks again, Playalot.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2016, 07:43:04 PM »
No worries. Gosh, that took a lot of organizing though!  :o

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2016, 10:57:33 PM »
Yeah, it took quite awhile, but at least the characters I really want will stay in my game.  8)

anything