Author Topic: Sickness Resistance Trait cheat?  (Read 6966 times)

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
Sickness Resistance Trait cheat?
« on: September 03, 2016, 11:18:07 PM »
Is there a cheat for a Sim who is not a doctor to get the Sickness Resistance Trait?

Already, 4 of my 8 main family Sims have gotten sick (one of them got sick twice in a row).  I got GTW about 5 days ago. 

If there isn't a cheat (or someone can't findone/code one), can a playable Sim get an illness that requires surgery?  I read that playable Sims may not get treatment at the hospital.

I bought medicine from the computer, and I give Sims orange juice, tea and lots of rest/the day off from work --- if it is a workday.  I just wish there were more I could do to keep them well.

Thanks a lot.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Sickness Resistance Trait cheat?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2016, 10:59:38 AM »
I think I can answer a few of your questions.

Your playable sims can't get an illness that requires surgery and can never go to the hospital unless they've joined the doctor career.
My sims tend to go in phases--sometimes, all 8 sims will get sick one after another, sometimes twice in a row or two days in a row.
When sick, they often get moodlets to tell you what you can do (you already mentioned the orange juice and napping).

I've actually never had a sim leave work early due to sickness. Does that adversely affect their work performance?
Most of the time, though, my sims are fine.  I usually just keep bottles of medicine in the fridge and each sim keeps one in personal inventory unless they away from home.
It's mostly just a short-lived annoyance.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2016, 12:54:05 PM »
I think I can answer a few of your questions.

Your playable sims can't get an illness that requires surgery and can never go to the hospital unless they've joined the doctor career.
My sims tend to go in phases--sometimes, all 8 sims will get sick one after another, sometimes twice in a row or two days in a row.
When sick, they often get moodlets to tell you what you can do (you already mentioned the orange juice and napping).

I've actually never had a sim leave work early due to sickness. Does that adversely affect their work performance?
Most of the time, though, my sims are fine.  I usually just keep bottles of medicine in the fridge and each sim keeps one in personal inventory unless they away from home.
It's mostly just a short-lived annoyance.

Thanks a lot for all the great information, oshizu.  It was really helpful.  It's really good to know that my playable Sims can't get an illness that would require surgery. 

I don't know how leaving work early would affect a Sims work performance --- but I would guess that it would slightly affect their work performance.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2016, 01:57:25 PM »
Haha, I wrote that a sim can never go to a hospital unless they're in the doctor career but a pregnant sim can, of course, go to the hospital to give birth.

When it's time to auto-age, sims just leave work and go home. Normally, if a sim arrives late for work and leaves early (due to auto-age-up), their work performance bar takes a considerable hit (sliding to the left) at the end of the work shift.
I've never had a sim leave work early due to sickness, though, so I was wondering if being sent home due to sickness also caused the performance bar to move back.

I'll keep my eyes peeled and let us both know.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2016, 01:43:50 PM »
Haha, I wrote that a sim can never go to a hospital unless they're in the doctor career but a pregnant sim can, of course, go to the hospital to give birth.

When it's time to auto-age, sims just leave work and go home. Normally, if a sim arrives late for work and leaves early (due to auto-age-up), their work performance bar takes a considerable hit (sliding to the left) at the end of the work shift.
I've never had a sim leave work early due to sickness, though, so I was wondering if being sent home due to sickness also caused the performance bar to move back.

Yeah, they go to the hospital to have a baby :)

So far, (I have GTW for a week), Sims have only gotten sick when they returned from work, but  it would be interesting to know what happens if they feel sick at work and leave early.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2016, 07:29:27 PM »

Hi Oshizu,

One of my Sims just came home early from work because she was sick (no symptoms in the morning).  She did take a performance hit (from medium green down to just into yellow --- almost pale green but still into the yellow. 

However, I used the techguru career cheat to promote her.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2016, 09:49:22 PM »
Thanks for sharing! That's a pretty big hit considering sickness is really beyond a sim's control.  Grrr.

Did you actually use a cheat or did you just use the TechGuru's Hack Performance interaction?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2016, 12:52:29 AM »
Yeah, it was a wicked big hit.  :o  I used the career cheat because I have had good and bad luck with tech gurus (when they were teens at level 4 programming).  One teen was promoted to an A student, and the other teen was demoted to a C student.  So, it's kind of hit-or-miss, I think.  The cheat is more efficient.