Author Topic: The Legacy of Lore - Molly World  (Read 29737 times)

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
A Conversation Over Dinner
« Reply #75 on: March 17, 2017, 04:55:35 PM »
"I never thought I'd be more surprised than the day I came home to the house Joaquin built from all that sim ray money (and that big char spot on the lawn). But, Serenity's rebuild with all of our untouched savings was certainly a shock, even if it is still a work in progress."

"I never really thought much about what I was missing, having no daughters. But my goodness did this make me wonder what I'd been missing."

"My new bedroom alone is just beyond incredible. She even thought to get me a place to primp! And she told me to get as luxe as I wanted for tonight's dinner date. I confess, I thought you were going to be Joaquin again."

"Don't take that to mean I'm disappointed. I'm certainly not. Besides, Joaquin makes himself present more than any woman could ask for. And he had the decency to invite Carver out after we realized we'd forgotten to build somewhere for him to sleep in the redesign. Poor lamb."

"Carver is rather the Edith Crawley of this family isn't he? I must make a point to pay more attention to him. I'm sorry, I'm rambling aren't I?"

"Doll, I want to hear everything! I can't believe how long I've been dead. Did you know I'm a grandma? Me! What a cougar harlot that Yuki Behr turned out to be, eh?"

I frowned, "I believe the Watcher set up an age restriction after Lucas got married, if it makes you feel better. But the young men in town are still very interested in the older ladies. Did you notice that the host downstairs was practically naked?"

Stella chortled into her wine glass. "Well, darling, that one might have been my fault. You did take your sweet time getting here. Ooh red nectar. I've missed you so."

"Did you get to help at all with decorating or did that DeWitt chit do it all herself?"

"Oh, truly Serenity is an angel, Stella. You'd love her. She did leave one room for me. She made me guess what it was."

"Dungeon? Rumpus Room?"

"No, I did guess the rumpus one. Also library."

"Shame. What was it in the end?"

"Well ... It was a nursery! And she said we need to finish it soon!"

"That's amazing, babe! Congrats!"

"Apparently Hawke reacted exactly the same way I did. I always did say that boy was the most like me."

"Mm, Carver was Joaquin's, Hawk was yours, and Varric was mine. How is my favorite Lore boy these days? Best selling author, I hope?"

"Certainly getting there! I can't keep up with all his books."

"He's taken to reading them out loud to people to gauge their interest. He seems to target women with short, dark hair, for some reason. He says they're his natural fans."

"Excellent. He seal the deal with Baby Behr yet?"

"Oh yes."

"Good for him. I knew he'd lock that up. You'll have to fatten that girl up. Candice and her kids were always was too thin."

"She's a beautiful girl, Stella. The instant she aged up, Varric had to elbow his way through all these boys from the city suddenly vying for her."

"Well, I told him how to deal with that before I died!"

Sigh. "I know you did."

"She's just moved in, actually. She wants to be a musical genius, which works out because Carver never touched that guitar we bought him. She reminds me so much of Candy sometimes."

"She had Hermione's daughter over to help her with her adult look. Helen, do you remember her? Her father was James Kirk but she looks just like her mom. She's grown into quite a stunner. Maybe your younger boy will take notice."

"So are they engaged yet?"

"No. And he better not shaft me on getting to plan a wedding. Not after Hawke and Serenity pulled an elopement by the potty bush. OF ALL THINGS! I was going to let her wear my pink dress."

"Babe. You should really just uh ... donate that fairy princess dress. It already served an irreplaceable role in your Legacy story."

"Never. Sadly it didn't suit Liana in her formal look. She chose a minty green dress instead."

"So it's all domestic bliss then?"

"It certainly does seem that way! Aside from Carver moping. He's finished his aspiration so he can move in with Journey if he likes. He probably should before the baby comes. And he's openly annoyed by Liana and Varric."

"And of course what we did to his bedroom."

"We probably shouldn't laugh, but I'm dead so I'm going to anyway and no one can stop me. Oh babe, I've missed this. I've missed you. But I have to go before it gets dark. You know the rules."

"I wish you could stay."

"Me too. You take lots of pictures of that grandbaby for me, okay?"

"Okay. I love you, Stella."

"I love you too, Gen."

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Legacy of Lore - A Conversation Over Dinner
« Reply #76 on: March 17, 2017, 06:59:41 PM »
Welcome back, Tilia!
You and your updates have been sorely missed!
Loved the recap between the founder and best friend Stella. And what a house!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
Re: The Legacy of Lore - A Conversation Over Dinner
« Reply #77 on: March 17, 2017, 07:21:11 PM »
Yay! What a joy to find this today! The conversation with beloved Stella was the perfect way to get everyone caught back up. Hooray!

Liana is super gorgeous. Pity the pink dress didn't suit her. :) But Stella's right (as always) it's already served a very important and unforgettable role in the legacy.

Had to laugh about Carver being the Edith Crawley of the family. Poor Carver. And poor Edith!

House looks fabulous, though. Nice work, Serenity!

So happy this story is back!

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
The Grand EYT
« Reply #78 on: March 20, 2017, 04:19:37 PM »
Welcome back, Tilia!
You and your updates have been sorely missed!
Loved the recap between the founder and best friend Stella. And what a house!

I'm glad to be back :) I've missed playing. Hopefully my computer behaves itself from now on. And thanks! I'm not much of a builder, but I do feel like it's easier to at least make things presentable now.

Yay! What a joy to find this today! The conversation with beloved Stella was the perfect way to get everyone caught back up. Hooray!

Liana is super gorgeous. Pity the pink dress didn't suit her. :) But Stella's right (as always) it's already served a very important and unforgettable role in the legacy.

Had to laugh about Carver being the Edith Crawley of the family. Poor Carver. And poor Edith!

House looks fabulous, though. Nice work, Serenity!

So happy this story is back!

I'm completely obsessed with Liana. She turned out so beautifully, even if she is kind of freakishly thin. It was a bit of a challenge to dress her. The next generation is definitely going to continue being super skinny with both Joaquin's genes and hers.

------

Have I mentioned lately how great life is? I mean, life is really, really, really great, you guys.

Beyond great.

So when it came time for Mom's Big Birthday, the Final One, the Grand E.Y.T. (Elder Years Time), we knew it needed to be special. Hawke wanted to throw a party and I wanted to do a fancy dinner. Carver is the one who said, "you idiots. We can easily afford to do both." 

Well, when he's right, he's right. Though of course we'd never admit that to him.

Actually, not fair. Serenity has made him her pet project. We assume it's to distract herself from her gigantic tummy muffin.

Liana says she's not entirely convinced she's EVER going to let me do that to her.

"She can barely walk, Varric. Why don't you get preggo instead?"

"Oh, I would, babe, but I'd hate to mess up this perfect physique."

"Keep talking, smart guy. See how long that physique lasts."

She's excited, really. I hear her talking mommy stuff with Serenity all the time. When she's not uh ... attempting to play the guitar.

"Babe," I said, "you know I love you  more than all the stars in the sky, but please, please, please play somewhere else until you're at least level 3."

Surprisingly she did that with no complaints. She knows I'm trying to get to my third best seller. Plus I think she likes appreciative shouts from passersby.

Plus, now she's ready to play at Mom's big party.

As for Hawke, he's still doing his thing. He's officially a mixologist now and gigs around town, and he's super in love with his lady and looking forward to, as he puts it, "doing the dad thing."

Ain't gonna lie, it kind of surprises me. "Aren't you worried about all the work and sleep deprivation and you know, the kid being evil or whatever."

He just shrugs, "evil kid is still my kid, right? Plus you know mom is going to help a lot. I'm pumped. And you'll be fine when you get around to having one."

Who asked him to mind read, huh?

Anyway, it was great to see some old faces around the house. We've been too insular since Dad died. And guess who showed up with a bun in the oven! Carter's old crush, Wednesday.

Mom was super excited and made Wednesday and Serenity share battle tales and promise to introduce the kids as toddlers.

Newly brunette Jaylah Sulu and Journey Scully showed up too. We don't know what happened right before this picture, but Journey's thought bubble was Jaylah and then Jaylah seemed less than pleased with things.

Carver got her out of the house for a bit somehow.

Mom practically danced her way to the cake. She said she'd been looking forward to this moment her whole life. Which is a pretty weird thing to look forward to, right?

Anyway, she aged up, got gray, and then beelined up the stairs to "change." Actually it was to "change, at last!" Weird.

Well, she certainly looks the part now. I guess it makes sense, not all of her wardrobe was appropriate for a granny. Liana says she likes it. Hawke shrugged and said she's always Mom, no matter what she's wearing.

She did get a lot fancier for dinner though. Chez Llama, reserved by yours truly, and turned out in our finest to treat our Mom to the best birthday dinner that ever was.

Mom doesn't usually partake in the nectar, but Hawke helped out and ordered her something he knew she'd like. And boy did she ever like it. She got four more!

And then came the overshare.

"...And that's why I really don't like you boys playing inside that bush. I didn't have a bathroom for two whole years when I got to this town!"

"Well, that's not true, I actually didn't have a home for the first year. I squatted in the Von Haunt mansion. Really nice plumbing in there. I even stole a few of Mimsy's dresses. One time some tourists walked in on me in the bath!"

"Of course, that's where I met your father too. Oh, I miss him so much. Have you kids ever done WooHoo in a public place?"

"I have, but the next time he comes back I want to try one of those fancy new coffins. Your father's ghost is very virile!"

I figured the only solution to this problem was to order four of those pink drinks myself.

Never change, Mom.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Re: The Legacy of Lore - The Grand EYT
« Reply #79 on: March 20, 2017, 08:15:58 PM »

Heeeeeey! Look who's back (again)! Omg, love the overshare. THE FACES Varric made, hahaha! Too perfect. I love Eugene's continued relationships with the ghosts. Looks like she finally grew into that outfit. Too cute!

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
Re: The Legacy of Lore - The Grand EYT
« Reply #80 on: March 21, 2017, 09:08:01 PM »
Hehehe! The dinner oversharing! Priceless! The boys all look so uncomfortable. It's just too hilarious.

I love Varric and Liana arguing over who has to get pregnant, and I love that that's an argument sims can have. :)

And Eugenie's elation over becoming an elder and all the wardrobe possibilities that open up for her. Marvelous!

Oh, and I hear you on the ridiculously-thin sims. My Gen 7, Tallulah, was a total stick figure and I swear I tried on every single pants and skirt option possible, trying to give her some hips, but no dice. Ah, well. Liana is still gorgeous!

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
Rugrats and Realities
« Reply #81 on: March 22, 2017, 02:17:59 PM »

Heeeeeey! Look who's back (again)! Omg, love the overshare. THE FACES Varric made, hahaha! Too perfect. I love Eugene's continued relationships with the ghosts. Looks like she finally grew into that outfit. Too cute!

Yes, glad to be back. I've missed playing. I don't know WHAT was going on during dinner. they were autonomously chatting with the "multi-speech" bubble and he was clearly disturbed. I interpreted as necessary.

Hehehe! The dinner oversharing! Priceless! The boys all look so uncomfortable. It's just too hilarious.

I love Varric and Liana arguing over who has to get pregnant, and I love that that's an argument sims can have. :)

And Eugenie's elation over becoming an elder and all the wardrobe possibilities that open up for her. Marvelous!

Oh, and I hear you on the ridiculously-thin sims. My Gen 7, Tallulah, was a total stick figure and I swear I tried on every single pants and skirt option possible, trying to give her some hips, but no dice. Ah, well. Liana is still gorgeous!

A friend of mine had something like 7 kids that all had really bizarre noodle torsos, so at least that hasn't happened! I am tempted to have them make a ton of babies. But I'll have to clear out the house if we're going to do that. We shall see.

-----

So, here's a fun fact. Did you know that you can call up toddlers and invite them over? They answer their own phones and show up alone! Then after a few hours, they tell you it's getting late and just toddle off lot. This concerns me, but everyone else seems to be okay with it.

Meet Erin Behr. Liana's cousin and Stella's granddaughter.

She doesn't have any surviving grandparents of her own, so Mom has taken it upon herself to be Erin's adopted Nana. Which is what Erin calls her.

Wednesday came by every day up until she went into labor. She had twins, a boy and a girl. And then immediately married one of the Goths. Which seems appropriate, doesn't it?

Also a routine fixture at the Lore place is Journey Scully and her evil cackle. Seen here ignoring me as I ask her what exactly she was laughing at.

Carver popped the question recently. He figures with only 2 more levels to go in his career, it's time. She did say yes but she also asked for the appraisal on the ring.

No one really commented on it. He seems to be able to handle her, but it's still an ominous prospect.

Serenity and Hawke decided to keep Mom's naming convention going until Liana and I make a decision for generation 2. They mentioned liking Morrigan for a girl.

And then it happened. The thing we've all been waiting for!

I finished my aspiration!

Ha, just kidding. The baby was born, of course. A boy. His name is Alistair.

Everyone is pretty over the moon about it, but honestly the responsibility of the whole thing is starting to freak me out. Because like, we've gotta have some of those. Soon.

Carver talks a big game about how he's going to be a great dad when he moves in with Journey, and Mom gently gives him little tips and advice to not totally screw the pooch.

Lucas is pretty casual about it, but his toddler is angelic and probably no work at all. Plus we've got her over at the house half the time anyway.

I've been trying to plot out the eventual proposal and wedding with Ali but she antagonizes me when I start ranting about baby woes and it's not super helpful. She knows what she's doing. She did agree to be my best man, though!

Mom just sighs and says "I can't tell what's worse, the arrogance or the cowardice! You two will have plenty of time to get to know parenthood with little Alistair. Why do you think Hawke and Serenity got pregnant so fast?"

As far as Liana goes, I may have been lamenting the woes of being the chosen heir and having the weight of the world on my shoulders because of the accident of birth and then I might have implied that she didn't know what that was like.

"Varric. Who was my father?"

"Oh. Right."

"No, answer me. Who was it?"

"H..Harry Potter."

"Also known as?"

"The Chosen One."

Iiiin any event, I stopped whinging about it after that. And I picked up those books about dear old Father in Law. Pretty great, if I do say so.

And, as time went on, lo and behold baby Alistair got progressively more interesting and less terrifying.

He's a wild little thing and looks a lot like both of his parents at this stage. Everyone in the house has been chipping in.

Though obviously, I am the only choice when it comes to reading duty. I pulled several of my own titles for the task.

"Did Isabela stab him, Uncle Varric?"

"Well ... some stabbing definitely happened. But they made up in the end, little guy."

Of course, everyone's a critic.

"Varric, I just think Mabari Fetch or Sandal's Enchantment is a better fit than ... well, anything about Isabela really."

"Mom. I am the expert here."

"This is very salacious, though. I'll have to lend it to your father."

Besides, Mom is going to overly dote on her first grandbaby. No getting around that.

He is pretty cute. Exhausting but cute. Liana and I have softened quite a bit on the idea of making a few of our own. Sometimes we'll hear him giggle or see him fly through the common area in his birthday suit, squealing about bath time, and it's just a feeling between us.

I guess you could say that the Lore house is always at its best when it's packed full.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
Re: The Legacy of Lore - Rugrats and Realities
« Reply #82 on: March 22, 2017, 07:57:56 PM »
What a sweet chapter! Yes, the Lores make a full house look wonderful. Baby Alistair is extremely cute. I'm glad he's managed to charm Varric and Liana into liking the idea of children, and I'm glad Eugenie gets to dote on him so. :)

Had to look up Isabela, but I'm glad I did. :) She may not be the most appropriate protagonist for a children's book, but I'm sure the bedtime stories are quite compelling.

Inviting toddlers over alone is very odd, but very cute. I'm glad you're taking such good care of little Erin.

Congrats to Carver and Journey! Also to Wednesday and the Goth. You're right. Totally perfect. :)

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #83 on: March 23, 2017, 11:49:10 AM »

My, my! Kids these days. They're so mature so fast! I wonder who forgot to put in that bit of code for the toddlers to get adult supervision. Curious to see how Alistair turns out. Knowing who he's named after, it should be a hoot!

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #84 on: March 27, 2017, 05:48:00 PM »
What a sweet chapter! Yes, the Lores make a full house look wonderful. Baby Alistair is extremely cute. I'm glad he's managed to charm Varric and Liana into liking the idea of children, and I'm glad Eugenie gets to dote on him so. :)

Had to look up Isabela, but I'm glad I did. :) She may not be the most appropriate protagonist for a children's book, but I'm sure the bedtime stories are quite compelling.

Inviting toddlers over alone is very odd, but very cute. I'm glad you're taking such good care of little Erin.

Congrats to Carver and Journey! Also to Wednesday and the Goth. You're right. Totally perfect. :)

Goodness, I love the toddlers. They really are just incredibly cute and I'm still seeing new interactions and idles for them! It is fantastic to me that my pop-ups for her now are for "Wednesday Goth". It was fate really. I'm wondering if I shouldn't inject some new celebs into town now that they're all pretty much gone or elders now.

My, my! Kids these days. They're so mature so fast! I wonder who forgot to put in that bit of code for the toddlers to get adult supervision. Curious to see how Alistair turns out. Knowing who he's named after, it should be a hoot!

It is pretty hilarious, especially when it pops up as though they have to get home and turn the house down before hitting the office tomorrow.

-----

I've been super into books about Liana's dad recently. I don't tend to mention it because she gets persnickety, but they are really very, very good.

Plus it's just super cool to occasionally eavesdrop on her conversations with Helen when they discuss their parents. I mean, who can blame a guy right? I do have the Geek trait.

In any event, things have been pretty idyllic around here.

Oh except for that time I said I'd read Alistair to sleep and forgot. Let's not tell Mom or Hawke about that.

Mom has been in hog heaven lately with babies to play with and finally having friends who are old ladies at the same time as her.

My brothers both aged up to adults. I offered to let them into the cache* of Youth potions, but they both declined, saying it was a perk of the heirship.

Alistair aged up too into a cheerful little boy who looks more like his mom than his dad.

I've gotta say, it was kind of sad to see the toddler go. There's nothing quite like the element of surprise with toddlers in the house.

Recently, I decided it was well past time for me to pull the trigger on my own adulthood. Especially since Mom is only a few days from bubbling and she insisted I get with the program. So I invited Liana out, finally, on the night I'd started planning as a teen. I took her to the garden where my parents went on their first date.

I told her how much she means to me and hwo I want to be with her forever. I pulled her close, and ...

... realized I had the promise ring glitch. No option to propose. Crap. So after all that build up, the date just ended. Then a vampire fed on me. It was overall not my best night.

"So what should I do? I think I have to break up with her to fix it."

"I suggest you approach it quickly and tactfully, Varric. For my sake."

"So uh ... if you want to change ... I can like take you out again? We can drink some moodlet solvers and I can seduce you and ... fix the glitch ... um, if that's okay."

"You mean you have to woo me all over again? And it's not even a mean interaction anymore? Am I allowed to leap into your arms? Will you hold me aloft for a solid ten seconds? Varric, this sounds great."

**Several Hours later**

Let's take a closer look at that crazy woman in the background

Way to creep it up, Mom.

We had our wedding at Von Haunt. If I couldn't make the proposal an homage to my parents, the main event darn well would be.

Unfortunately it is a long walk from the front of the building to the wedding arch, so most of our audience at the altar looked like this, all the way back to the driveway. Solid enthusiasm from Luka Rodgers there in the tails.

Of course, we were too focused on each other to care much about that. I mean, look at her. Wouldn't you be?

And besides, the most important spectator was front and center, just like she wanted to be.

Of course in the aftermath, Hawke made the mistake of mentioning that the cake wasn't ready yet.

And so passed how we all learned that Mom can not only levitate, but teleport. She did sort it all out though.

The reception was an absolute blast, with all of the old guard there from our school days. With Yuki having passed away a while ago, we found out Lucas and Tiffany Ivy are now dating, which is great! Maybe they'll get married and pop out some green Stella-esque babies. We also learned that Ali looks very sharp in a suit.

Mom vanished for a while and no one knows where she got to. Later she reappeared just saying she'd taken a trip down memory lane. Maybe she stole some more dresses.

Of course we were all exhausted by the end of the night. I practically carried Liana to bed, and poor Alistair had to call out fake sick from school the next day. While some of them stayed at Von Haunt, reliving the old days until the sun came up.

As for me, I stayed up late to get to work on my Books of Life. I found Mom up and going through the photos she'd taken in the wee hours when I went to bind her book and I realized that, despite all the misadventure, truly, it was all worth it. For the two most important women in my life.

*Watcher's Note: there is no cache of Youth potions. Apparently if a Sim dies with them in his inventory (Joaquin and later Eugenie), they all go bye bye. RIP progress on youth potion points

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
Re: The Legacy of Lore - A Very Wrong Engagement
« Reply #85 on: March 27, 2017, 07:31:15 PM »
Eugenie's elation throughout this chapter is wonderful! Such a proud mama! The wedding looked like a truly marvelous party. Wish I'd been there!

I think injecting some new famous blood into your world would be great. I love seeing how they end up coupling off. It's very entertaining! I'll keep my fingers crossed for little green Stellas in the near future.

Loved Varric geeking out about his girlfriend's famous Dad. :) Bummer about the promise ring glitch, but glad they enjoyed fixing it so much. That failed date, ending with a vampire attack, no less, was hilarious!

Super bummer about the potions of youth! They're not in the family inventory? Boo.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
A Farewell to Mom
« Reply #86 on: March 28, 2017, 04:57:18 PM »
Eugenie's elation throughout this chapter is wonderful! Such a proud mama! The wedding looked like a truly marvelous party. Wish I'd been there!

I think injecting some new famous blood into your world would be great. I love seeing how they end up coupling off. It's very entertaining! I'll keep my fingers crossed for little green Stellas in the near future.

Loved Varric geeking out about his girlfriend's famous Dad. :) Bummer about the promise ring glitch, but glad they enjoyed fixing it so much. That failed date, ending with a vampire attack, no less, was hilarious!

Super bummer about the potions of youth! They're not in the family inventory? Boo.

I am specifically trying to think of people of color to add in, as the town is kind of white washed at present. Really throws into sharp relief how white-centric a lot of mainstream entertainment is :/ Jaylah being half Asian might be the only POC I got from my first batch, so ideas are more than welcome. I've got Shaft in my gallery, loaded and ready to take Newcrest by storm (can you dig it?)

-----

Mom died. Usually I'd bury the lede a little but ... you know, I'm an orphan now and everything kinda sucks. It was the morning after the wedding, so she really was right when she told us to hurry and get hitched. She took a shower, made us breakfast, and took a minute to look at "all her boys".

That should've been my first clue. It's like character development in an episode of The Walking Dead.

Then she knocked on the bathroom door and asked Liana if the test was positive. It was.

She peeked in on Serenity and Alistair, discussing plans for the weekend while he worked on his typing skills and she painted. She told them both she loved them.

Then she came into the computer room, told us boys to behave ourselves, and started flapping her arm, calling out that she was ready now.

And I guess she was. Grim wouldn't even listen to the pleas for her life because he said she wanted to go and was already neck deep in Smimosas with Dad, Stella, and Candy.

It all happened so fast. Even the Gardener was upset. He said Mom invited him to join yoga club. Death kept telling us we'd be fine, though. That she can visit whenever she likes and she lived a truly happy life.

Our friends gathered to say goodbye. She'd been an ever present maternal figure in their lives too. But, all of them were long since orphaned, and similarly told us we'd be okay.

We all coped in our own ways. Carver hit the cupcakes a little too hard.

Of course, that was on account of Hawke buying a gigantic willy wonka cupcake machine in the first place.

Alistair developed a fixation on his best friend Erin. (Go get her, tiger.)

She is the spitting image of her grandma, but with red hair.

And of course, Liana and I had our own distractions to get lost in.

She was, without question, the cutest preggo in all the world. Especially when balancing her guitar on the bump.

And she confessed to me that she was hoping she'd retain some of her womanly curves the way Serenity had after the birth. Obviously, she's perfect as she is, so I don't think she needs any additional assets, but even I can admit that Serenity is one curvy lady.

Of course, my wife was also a veteran of losing parents. And her parents had grown up alone too, Candy raising her sister and Harry with the whole emotional abuse/save the world thing. So she was very understanding about that. Between the episodes of gas and nausea.

Little Albus was born just as our sadness moodlets for losing mom started to dissipate. And Liana immediately rolled a whim to try for a baby again. (Good lord but we do have a lot of male children)

Of course, I didn't really think through the name enough. Hawke has pointed out that now we can't call either of our sons "Al" for short because it'd be way too confusing. My bad.

Anyway, that is one high quality kid. Yessir.

I also finally got around to going through Mom's things. I thought it'd make me upset, but really, it made me feel warm and fuzzy. I miss her a lot, but I bet she's having a blast on the other side. And I know her last days were happy ones.

Adios, Mom. You were one in a million.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
Re: The Legacy of Lore - A Farewell to Mom
« Reply #87 on: March 28, 2017, 06:07:21 PM »
Oh, Eugenie! I'm going to miss her deeply. I love that her last moments were so cozy and filled with family, though. She made a graceful exit, and we'll never forget her!

Welcome to Albus! Love the name, despite the double Als in the house. :) I think it's perfect.

I'll have to give some thought to suggestions for repopulating the town with a bit more diversity. Black Panther's making a comeback in the Marvel scene, and there's Luke Cage, of course. My girls are obsessed with Moana right now, and there's a few great characters in there, too. There's got to be more! I'll keep thinking. Thanks to oshizu I'm much more up on my Japanese popular culture than I used to be, but I'm afraid my references at the moment are little too obscure to fit in with the big names in your story so far. You into Hunger Games? There's a few folks in there who might fit the bill. Hmmm . . . .

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Re: The Legacy of Lore - A Farewell to Mom
« Reply #88 on: March 29, 2017, 07:23:16 PM »

Love the close up of Eugenie at the wedding, ha! She was a heck of a sim. I'm happy to see her reunited with her lost loved ones, but sad to see her go. I'd say RIP, but honestly I hope she's a rather rowdy, frequent visitor ghost. Unintentional double Al whammy: ... niiiice.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
Born, Baby, Born [Part 1]
« Reply #89 on: April 03, 2017, 11:07:25 AM »
Oh, Eugenie! I'm going to miss her deeply. I love that her last moments were so cozy and filled with family, though. She made a graceful exit, and we'll never forget her!

Welcome to Albus! Love the name, despite the double Als in the house. :) I think it's perfect.

I'll have to give some thought to suggestions for repopulating the town with a bit more diversity. Black Panther's making a comeback in the Marvel scene, and there's Luke Cage, of course. My girls are obsessed with Moana right now, and there's a few great characters in there, too. There's got to be more! I'll keep thinking. Thanks to oshizu I'm much more up on my Japanese popular culture than I used to be, but I'm afraid my references at the moment are little too obscure to fit in with the big names in your story so far. You into Hunger Games? There's a few folks in there who might fit the bill. Hmmm . . . .

I love the super hero ideas. I am trying to figure out if there's a good way to clear out memory boggers since now that we're in Gen 3, it's starting to take longer between loading screens and then I'll probably drop some new families in if I can find empty houses. Culling ghosts and the homeless is the easiest way but it hasn't made a huge difference unfortunately!

Love the close up of Eugenie at the wedding, ha! She was a heck of a sim. I'm happy to see her reunited with her lost loved ones, but sad to see her go. I'd say RIP, but honestly I hope she's a rather rowdy, frequent visitor ghost. Unintentional double Al whammy: ... niiiice.

She always had the best facial expressions. That is one thing I really love about the sims 4 versus 3, they are so expressive!

----

This is a two parter! Enjoy!

-----

Nothing quite like cheating the cruel march of time, eh? I had my youth potion on what would've been my adult birthday. Liana won't need hers for quite a while because she's always pregnant. She didn't think that was funny when I said it out loud. Carver kind of chuckled though.

(Five minutes later)

But I digress. Little Albus is in his toddling years now. I've never seen anything so cute in my whole life. He has the silly trait and loves making jokes and rude noises.

Is he not the cutest little thing?

And besides, who can blame me for wanting to have more babies with my gorgeous wife? Not everyone gets as lucky as I did, right?

Honestly, Albus is such an easy kid that he's probably spoiled us. The worst that happens it that he'll occasionally wake one of us up after a nightmare. And who can be mad at that?

Alistair has been great about spending time with the little tyke and feeling like a proper big brother figure.

He's a good kid, if not a bit strange. He gets into Mom's vanity table a lot. In fact, he's pretty much taken over that bedroom even though it's clearly decorated for an old lady.

It's not for lack of options either. We built him a room, he just doesn't use it. So for now, I'm writing in there and hopefully Albus will use it when he's old enough. I mean, come on kid, it has a hypno toad! Why would you choose the musty old flower room?

In the meantime, the kid is getting more and more skilled at applying makeup. He whips out the powder puff at the computer, at the dinner table, wherever. It's probably a glitch, but you can't knock his shading game.

That redhead at the table is Erin Payne, Lucas's Daughter/Stella's Grandbaby. She looks less like grandma as a teen, but you can still totally see it. You can also see a bit of Thor and Yuki in her face, if you ask me.

Lucas moved on after Yuki's death and shacked up with one of the Landgraab ladies. Which left Tiffany Ivy to seek solace in the arms of Prince Charming Luka Rodgers. I do wonder if it's weird for her with exes having such similar names. And really, who could've predicted ol' teen bald spot Lucas would be such a ladykiller?

It's crazy, all of us shacking up and having babies, isn't it?

Carver is the only one who has become staunchly childfree. Between his childish trait and Journey's objective evil, he just thinks it's a bad idea. I agree, quietly. Hawke is sentimental and tries to talk him out of it. My portrait there is silently weighing in.

In any event, he moved out after maxing out his career, handiness, video gaming, and programming. Off into the great wide world with his particular flavor of bride. We offered to throw them a wedding but they declined. They got married next to the pee bush.

He did leave us with a parting gift. All of the consumable reward potions for our legacy collection. I stored them in a little Chamber of Secrets with no entry on the basement level. Hopefully they don't vanish.

Liana gave birth to our daughter Minerva on a Alistair's teen birthday. The very first Lore girl! How exciting is that?

We almost missed the event because it turns out the baking skill cakes can't have candles added to them. (What the hell, EA?).

He aged up looking like someone combined me and Carver in a cloning pool. Which is weird because he's Hawke's kid.

He also had a woman's voice and walked like this.

The watcher thought maybe he was trans, but then all the other teen boys in town had lady voices and we realized it was a bug. Alistair has been repaired and now walks and talks like a dude. We also changed his hair so people can tell him from the rest of the family.

Much like his namesake, he is now a cheerful romantic whose aspiration is to be a joke star. (those are seriously the random rolls he got)

Though, you know, now that I have a daughter, maybe a bunch of unappealing teen boys with lady voices aren't that much of a bad thing. If we just don't fix them until she's an adult, she won't want to date, right? Isn't that right, Minnie? My little snowflake. Stay small, ok?

Well, she disobeyed. The first of many rebellions. And got bigger anyway. She's got Liana's soulful dark eyes, which of course she inherited from Aunt Candy.

She is inquisitive, which I didn't think would come with any behavior issues, but she is extremely defiant and refuses to do things regularly. So while her brother is gleefully getting clean or learning to name animals.

She's squinting at me and asking what the point of bathing is if she'll just get dirty again.

And can we just take a moment to talk about how amazing it is to have two toddlers babbling to each other, giggling, and such? They seem to get along really well, even if they're different as night and day.

[Continued Below]

anything