Author Topic: The Legacy of Lore - Molly World  (Read 29749 times)

Offline Nimrod Mikkusu

• Townie
Re: The Legacy of Lore - Ups and Downs
« Reply #60 on: October 08, 2016, 07:44:14 AM »
Yuki starts as a teen and Joaquin starts as an young adult, making Yuki younger than Joaquin. But I don't know what the age difference would be, since either of them may already have been some days into their lifestages.

Offline Whirligig

• Simmer Down Sally
  • Occult
    • Whirligig Plays Sims
« Reply #61 on: October 10, 2016, 08:54:36 AM »
I've just married Joaquin into my Dynasty, and it's great that we're getting the same vibes from him. He's absolutely awesome and it was so sad to see him go!

I love all the lively drama in your neighbourhood between all the other sims. I've never heard of this mod before but I'll have to check it out some time.

I'm definitely hooked on this story and will be following it closely. :)
The Morven Dynasty
Blogger ||| Simblr

Soroja14 on Origin

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nimrod Mikkusu

• Townie
« Reply #62 on: October 10, 2016, 09:27:46 AM »
Well, I think that Joaquin - like any TS4 premade character - is suppose to have a specific vibe about him.  ;D I think you're capturing it well.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
Sorrow and Serenity
« Reply #63 on: October 19, 2016, 10:45:56 PM »
I have just finished reading this and I have to say... WOW. That farewell to Jaquin was so beautiful and so very sad. I just love all the characters and their personalities. Thank you!

Deaths are always rough. I'm glad I did him justice. I did really fall in love with him, despite his lack of skills or a career.

That was lovely and sad and perfect. Oh, Joaquin! What a guy!
I'm a bit shocked by Lucas and Yuki, but I suppose as Stella's son he may have an unconventional view of relationships. :)
I'm happy for Hawke and Serenity, and not just because of the backwards cap. I'm also very glad Varric has locked down Lianna! Here's hoping she ages up soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yuki gave birth and IMMEDIATELY aged up to elder. To my knowledge, the child is not Lucas's. He's just a stand up sort of guy, I suppose. Like his step dad, John Connor.

Death while DJing--a fitting end to the life of papa Joaquin. Rest in Peace.

The boys have grown up so quickly! All three have their sweethearts and Serenity has moved in.
Since Varric is heir (isn't he or is Hawke still viable?), he'll move in Liana.
Which leaves Carver and Journey. What will become of those two?

Lucas and Yuki was a shock. I'm a huge fan of Yuki but wouldn't she be around Joaquin's age as well? Do Lucas and Yuki have a child of their own?

My legacy simverse is now completely empty of other households, except the working NPCs. MC is making more and more sense.

Considering how little I let him do the dancing and DJing, I'm so glad he went out well. Lucas did not impregnate Yuki, he will just be step dad until she dies. She is an elder now and he's like two days into YA. It's pretty weird. Hawke ruled himself out when he failed to get all four child skills. Also he's got a weird face.

Just being real, here.

*Reaches for tissue*  Fair well, Joaquin.  It was sad to see him go but he surely went in style doing something he loved for people he loved.  RIP

I always really feel the love between my sims families. It's my favorite thing.

:'( Loved the foreshadowing that he would die on Varric's birthday and the bit about aging up alone to the light of a hamburger. Sadness. Lovely dreams about lost loved ones are the best.

Hamburger lights can be very somber.

I've just married Joaquin into my Dynasty, and it's great that we're getting the same vibes from him. He's absolutely awesome and it was so sad to see him go!

I love all the lively drama in your neighbourhood between all the other sims. I've never heard of this mod before but I'll have to check it out some time.

I'm definitely hooked on this story and will be following it closely. :)

Welcome aboard! I'm always super hungry for comments and feedback. Joaquin is wonderful and super affectionate and upbeat. He's great with any creative skills or anything he can do with a radio playing nearby.

Well, I think that Joaquin - like any TS4 premade character - is suppose to have a specific vibe about him.  ;D I think you're capturing it well.

Thank you! I enjoyed having him in the family. I don't know if I'll ever be able to buy him with any other woman sim again!

---------

Considering we all saw Dad die, it's been pretty downer-esque 'round these parts.

Lots of calls to the sadness hotline and watering Dad's garden with tears were had. In fact, I think we might have single handedly shut down the sadness hotline that week.

I can't even cozy up to my lady because we're different ages during this WORST period ever. She says she feels awkward and doesn't know how to comfort me. She also tells me to stop making stupid jokes and I'm not fooling anyone.

Slowly but surely though, even though you think it never will, the cloud does start to lift. Hawke was the first one to come back to the light. Then again, he had an advantage.

We haven't seen much of Journey, though Carter insists they're fine. It's probably for the best that we don't risk one of her ... uh, mood swings in this delicate time. Serenity is on full-steam sunshine and rainbows attempting to dispel the gloom in the Lore house.

I'm actually hoping she and Hawke decide to stick around. She's good people. And she presented me with an intriguing idea to help us recover a little from the sadness.

"So, listen. Baby Lore ..."

"Don't call me that."

"Junior?"

"No."

Anyway, once we got past the slight "I remember you in your child stage" teasing, I was on board with the plan. It was a good plan, especially since my parents had hoarded every slim simolean in their lives.

"Say it, Baby Lore. Say I'm a genius and your brother struck gold."

"I admit it. You're a prize."

"Darn skippy."

Meanwhile, Mom had similarly noticed Serenity's persistent optimism. And suddenly, she had some wild ideas. Wild wedding ideas.

"Hawke, I have the perfect dress, it's all pink and lace, with a slight shimmer. I wore it the night I met your father! We can put an arch in the back yard and invite all the kids from your little club and ..."

A heavy silence followed.

That night, Hawke crept into his bedroom with the intention of waking his fiancee and having a heavy talk. But then he screamed like a little girl because there was a ghost in his bed.

This turned out to be an excellent coincidence of timing. Because if anyone's a team player, it's Dad.

"I need you to keep Mom in her room."

"Oh, son. No problemo."

"Hawke, I swear to the Watcher if you don't have a spectacular reason for dragging me out here at 3 in the morning ..."

"Let's get married."

"Honey you already proposed. Are you okay?"

"No, like right now. Right now."

"In our pajamas?"

"Yeah."

"Is this even legal?"

"Who cares? No pink dress for you."

"Can't argue with that."

We thought Dad would be gone come morning but he was whistling in the kitchen as the sun came up, so Mom took the day off of work to enjoy the opportunity.

And while they were enjoying their reunion and Mom was worrying about her upcoming Elder birthday ...

Serenity Lore executed the first stages of her grand plan.

That girl is a real picker-upper

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
Re: The Legacy of Lore - Sorrow and Serenity
« Reply #64 on: October 20, 2016, 12:40:29 AM »
Serenity is a total delight, and the cherry on top is her use of the phrase, "Darn Skippy!" So glad she's joined and family, and that she was spared the indignity of the pink dress.
So happy about Joaquin's return! What timing!
The house is looking great!

Offline Whirligig

• Simmer Down Sally
  • Occult
    • Whirligig Plays Sims
« Reply #65 on: October 20, 2016, 07:10:16 AM »
OK, that house looks awesome. I'm not sure I know what operation Serenity's Grand Plan entails exactly, but so far I'm on board.

Sometimes eloping just feels right for some sims. I, too, am glad Serenity was spared the dress.

Lots of calls to the sadness hotline and watering Dad's garden with tears were had. In fact, I think we might have single handedly shut down the sadness hotline that week.
I loved this line for some reason. It summed up how sims grieve quite perfectly.
The Morven Dynasty
Blogger ||| Simblr

Soroja14 on Origin

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #66 on: October 20, 2016, 11:19:43 AM »
Now you've got me so curious about Serenity's "grand plan"! The house looks great!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #67 on: October 27, 2016, 04:45:30 PM »
Uggh guyssss, I have to do a complete refresh on my machine this weekend. Do you know if there's any way to externally save my entire game (including the neighborhood) or is this goose cooked?

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #68 on: October 27, 2016, 06:36:41 PM »
Oh no, I came here filled with anticipation to read your new update but find this upsetting news! I'm so sorry!

In your shoes, I would save all the households to My Library as well as any lots you've changed (remodeled or added houses), then save your entire Sims 4 folder to an external storage device.
But before doing any of that, I would contact @MrsFlynn -- she always knows what to do.

I'm going to check a few technical help threads, then I'll be back to edit this comment.

Edited to add:
I've added a link to the topic below just for your reference. Your best option is, imho, to send a PM to @MrsFlynn   Good luck!

How to Backup and Restore Sims 4 and 3 from Origin: http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=21193.0

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #69 on: October 27, 2016, 07:19:26 PM »
Oshizu's got the right idea. Zip up your Sims 4 install folder and back it up. Do the same with your Sims 4 user folder.

The post linked below will give you an idea of how to backup your Sims 4 install folder.

How to Backup and Restore Sims 4 and 3 from Origin:
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=21193.0

To back up your Sims 4 user folder - Go to: \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4

This will ensure you have both your game's install files and user files for quicker install and setup. :)
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #70 on: November 04, 2016, 03:35:44 PM »
@Tillia

I've been wondering if you managed to keep your game alive. Yes, please?

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #71 on: January 15, 2017, 10:44:44 AM »
Please be yes?!? I want to see more of that stunning house!
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #72 on: February 22, 2017, 07:27:04 PM »
Yes, I think the save carried over fine. I haven't been in it yet because I want to play with the new features and make sure the mod works as intended, so I took an extended break!

Offline Whirligig

• Simmer Down Sally
  • Occult
    • Whirligig Plays Sims
« Reply #73 on: February 23, 2017, 08:25:44 AM »
Yes, I think the save carried over fine. I haven't been in it yet because I want to play with the new features and make sure the mod works as intended, so I took an extended break!
Welcome back! I'm glad to hear everyone was rescued. Sometimes a break is needed. :)
The Morven Dynasty
Blogger ||| Simblr

Soroja14 on Origin

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #74 on: March 12, 2017, 05:25:45 AM »
Yay! Take your time ;-D as long as we know there is hope for another update, then all is well!!

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*