Author Topic: Aging options help  (Read 5512 times)

Offline yo_prinz_oh

• Nooboo
Aging options help
« on: August 28, 2016, 12:15:53 AM »
I need help with the aging options. I want the NPCs that the game randomly generates who my sims meet to grow old with them. But I don't want the sims that I've created from other households to grow old with them since I want to play them. What should be the settings?

Also, does the game generate new sims when the others have grown old and died?

TIA

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: Aging options help
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2016, 08:37:55 AM »
Welcome @yo_prinz_oh!

I'll answer your second question first -- yes, the game does generate new sims. However, it might not get rid of the sims who have died -- they still show up in your sims' relationship panels -- so it's a good idea to periodically go through your unplayed households and delete any ghosts.

As for the second, there's no way to age up NPC's but not your played sims. What you can do, however, is toggle aging on and off. Make one family your "aging" family. When you play them, turn aging on. Turn aging off when you play your other families, and when you come back to your designated family, turn aging on again. This means that you'll only have birthdays occur naturally in the "aging" household, so you'll have to use cake to age up your sims in other households.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline yo_prinz_oh

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2016, 10:28:16 AM »
Hmm, well I was trying this. I played with the pre-made households leaving the randomly generated ones unplayed. Then, I have my auto-aging settings as auto-age (played sims): Only Active Household, and Auto-age (unplayed sims): yes. Hopefully, the pre-made families like Goth, and Pancakes won't age, but the randomly generated ones would. I'll update to see if it works.

Offline yo_prinz_oh

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2016, 05:56:22 AM »
I'll have to say my method works. The randomly generated sims grew to elder stage (probably some have died) while the pre-made families are still alive like the Goths, Pancakes, etc.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2016, 07:38:26 AM »
I'll have to say my method works. The randomly generated sims grew to elder stage (probably some have died) while the pre-made families are still alive like the Goths, Pancakes, etc.

That's really interesting -- it used to be that the households you played aged whether they were the active household or not. Perhaps they've fixed the Auto-age (unplayed sims) to work the way that it's supposed to.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

anything