Author Topic: Voidcritters Go!  (Read 20165 times)

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
Re: Voidcritters Go!
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2016, 08:14:25 AM »
At age  up time:

Gary: 82
Lara: 99
Jack: 73
Tayler: 81

Total: 335

Offline rubywyld

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2016, 01:56:37 PM »
Did so much worse than I thought I would ... partly because I didn't realize that 4 cards had already reached level 10 and so weren't showing up and so I'm sure I wasted some time leveling up a couple of cards that I didn't need too.  Ahh well, still had a decent amount fun playing, which was nice.  Thank you again for doing these challenges guys.  :)

Adam - 25
Bonnie - 30
Carter - 49
Dierdre - 36

No 'D' days.. Total - 140

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2016, 04:16:04 PM »
Fear my score all you Voidcritter obsessed players...

Megan - 29
Emily - 38
Claire - 50
Clayton - 44

Total = 161

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2016, 04:41:24 AM »
Cant go in and check which kid had what card right now as i only have limited internet here where i am and google drives wont open at all.

But my kids got all the cards maxed, and no one got a bad grade,
So that must mean max points of 400.

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2016, 10:15:46 AM »
can I still enter a score if it is before midnight at my own timezone?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2016, 10:25:47 AM »
can I still enter a score if it is before midnight at my own timezone?

Yes, the deadline is always midnight in your time zone.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2016, 05:54:38 PM »
I have only 10 min left, only started today and noticed that I couldn't fisnish at all.
Nevertheless in the 2 sim-days that I played I got the following score:
Lieke 10
Ludo 12
Audrey 7
Jack 16

Total: 45 :P At least it's something right? I would've loved to see what score I could get when I had time to finish it.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2016, 01:17:35 AM »
I confused the deadline and hardly started this challenge, so I'm submitting a completely embarrassing partial score.
My kids found 3 cards each which they didn't level at all.

So that's....12 points? lol

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2016, 07:11:56 AM »
This event is now closed. Congrats to Minnie Mouse and LenaLJ for a tie for first place. Both got a perfect score of 400. Well done, ladies. Everyone is now free to post strategy.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2016, 07:52:42 AM »
Yes, congrats, Minnie Mouse and Lena!
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Minnie Mouse

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2016, 12:32:02 AM »
Sorry, meant to log on earlier and post strategy. I'll see if I can remember it all... it's late and I'm tired haha.

#1 - All my kids had the geek trait because of the higher chance of finding collectibles. I tested this theory specifically for finding voidcritter cards vs. toys/nothing in my practice run, and I definitely saw a difference (roughly 45% chance without the trait vs. 65% with it)

#2 - Got one of the parents to level 3 writing skill ASAP. This gave them the ability to write excuse notes every 4 days. So my kids' schedules were:
Mon 1 - Excuse notes for all
Tues-Thurs 1 - Vacation days
Fri 1 - Excuse notes for all
Mon 2 - Skipped school
Tues 2 - Excuse notes for 2 kids, sent 2 to school (hw done and study hard for max performance gain)
Weds 2 - Reverse of Tues 2
Thurs-Fri 2 - Sent kids to school because I had maxed out my score already, but performance was high enough that I could have skipped both days if needed.

#3 - The only time my kids ran around town collecting cards was the first day, to give them a jump start. All other cards were gained by trash can diving and trading. Running around just takes up too much training/trading time.

#4 - My kids also met lots of neighborhood kids as they were running around, so that they could invite them over for trading later.

#5 - All cards can be gained through trading. After I got my first duplicate card, I consistently had neighbor kids over at my house and at least one of my kids trading with them constantly.

#6 - Also, as far as trading goes, you are much more likely to get a Rare card if you trade a Rare card, etc. There's still a chance that you can get a card of a different "level" (rare/common/uncommon) when trading, but it's definitely most likely that you will get back a card of the same level.

#7 - I don't know if that applies to Foil vs. Regular cards (didn't actually think of that until I was having difficulty getting my last card - but then I tried trading a Foil Articorn and immediately got the last card I needed - Foil Canis).

#8 - Train higher level and rare cards first. For example, if I have the choice to train a level 7 Canis or a level 1 Articorn, I will train the Canis first. Even though the Articorn trains faster at first, I had every intention of getting a perfect score, so that was irrelevant to me. Also, the longer my kids are trading, the higher possibility they might find say a level 5 Articorn, which I can swap out my level 1 for. If I've already trained up my level 1 Articorn, that's time wasted. So I always trained the higher level and rarer cards over the low level/common cards, simply because there was a higher probability that I could replace the low level/common cards with higher level cards gained through trading.

I think that's pretty much it. I had 39 of the cards by Sunday #2, and then it took me till Wednesday I think to get the last foil Canis. I maxed out my score on Thursday #2 in the early AM.

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2016, 05:53:09 AM »
Nice strategy Minnie mouse!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Offline Ginj

• Occult
  • There's a dance in the old dame yet
    • Desjardins Story - A Sims 4 Legacy Challenge
« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2016, 08:32:40 AM »
Well done, Minnie Mouse! The excuse notes were brilliant; my geeky kids spent way too much time in school and training low-level voidcritters.

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2016, 08:33:30 AM »
I didn't know that geeky kids had a higher chance of finding void critters btw. Very useful to know!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2016, 11:56:06 AM »
Well, my "practice run", otherwise known as my scoring file lol went OK, I guess. I spent the first week collecting (which was why I asked how long the child stage was, because I thought I'd have another 2 weeks to do the other stuff) and the second week was spent training and trading. I also used Minnie's approach of training higher cards first, but, that was more because I like getting to 10 quick than any real strategy (at least, until I traded my first level 1 Velid for a level 6 Canis!). I found the trading pretty random, but, it was brilliant to get high level cards for my dinky level 1 and 2's! I think Olivia SKL was fed up with my kids by the end of my first trading day. I basically had them trade 3 cards each with her, on a perpetual loop. By Wednesday of the second week, I introduced trading with Max V and Lucas M as well.
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

anything