Author Topic: Restaurant Wars: What's on the Menu?  (Read 18148 times)

Offline lesleyj42

• Townie
Re: Restaurant Wars: What's on the Menu?
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2016, 11:07:54 PM »
Dine Out has definitely got some bugs. I have at least one, sometimes multiple tables, never get their food basically every time I open. It's really frustrating, but I haven't figured out how to fix it. In my case, it hasn't been critics specifically so I don't know what to make of that, but I feel your pain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2016, 04:58:45 AM »
Dine Out has definitely got some bugs. I have at least one, sometimes multiple tables, never get their food basically every time I open. It's really frustrating, but I haven't figured out how to fix it. In my case, it hasn't been critics specifically so I don't know what to make of that, but I feel your pain.

I have that problem too sometimes, that people don't get their food at all. I think it has something to do with recommendations. It happens more often when I give them one unfortunately. Dine out has a lot of bugs indeed

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2016, 07:31:31 AM »

I've read that one thing that increases restaurant bugs is using the cheat MOO (move objects on). I've not used that cheat, though, and I've occasionally had a table complain that they didn't get their food even when it's sitting there in front of them. All I can suggest is that you move the table a bit when that happens. It won't take care of the immediate problem, but might prevent the next occurrence.

@MissZoef. I've not had any trouble with the critic, so don't know what to suggest. If it's any consolation, the critic's opinion doesn't seem to have much effect on the other customers.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2016, 07:34:17 AM »
I haven't used MOO and I actually almost never do. The problem with the critics is different than with normal guests. Because the foods is sitting there ready to be delivered with the critics. With 'normal' customers I have the problem that they don't get an order made at all or that a part of the party arrives later at the table and complains about not getting food while it's in front of them. Since almost everyone has these problems it doesn't give you a disadvantage in the challenge at least.

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2016, 11:24:29 AM »
Sorry I need to vent a little. I feel like giving up this challange at the moment, because it is nearly impossible to run a proper resaurant with all the bugs :( I love the game pack so much and doing challanges as well, but I start making a loss in my restaurant now, because only about 3 people get served in an 9 hour shift! :O I follow all the tips on how to make sure that it doens't bug out. My resaurant is quite large and there were a LOT of customers. But nobody gets food.. So frustrating. I hope it goes better for you guys.

Offline Minnie Mouse

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2016, 11:54:11 AM »
Sorry I need to vent a little. I feel like giving up this challange at the moment, because it is nearly impossible to run a proper resaurant with all the bugs :( I love the game pack so much and doing challanges as well, but I start making a loss in my restaurant now, because only about 3 people get served in an 9 hour shift! :O I follow all the tips on how to make sure that it doens't bug out. My resaurant is quite large and there were a LOT of customers. But nobody gets food.. So frustrating. I hope it goes better for you guys.
I definitely empathize with you... my practice run was pretty disastrous, mainly for that reason (dishes just sitting in the window or never being made at all). I was hoping for bug fixes in the September patch but nothing there.

At this point, I even don't know if I'll be able to finish, actually. I had to send my computer back to the manufacturer for repairs (faulty screen - nothing to do with Sims, lol, although I was starting to lose motivation on this challenge). It's not guaranteed to be back till October 24th, and my old computer crashes frequently when I try to play TS4. :( We'll see what happens... Haven't decided yet if I will try to power through or just let this one slide.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2016, 03:36:37 PM »
Sorry to hear that people are running into bugs with this one. Partial scores are okay if you run out of time and/or patience.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2016, 03:42:22 PM »
Sorry to hear that people are running into bugs with this one. Partial scores are okay if you run out of time and/or patience.

I just wanted to echo Marian's sentiments. I will also extend anyone who genuinely is having horrible bugs impacting their score one free restart. Maybe a different file would give someone better results. The challenge ends next Thursday so that's not much time, but it's the best I can do.

Offline rokrchik

• Townie
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2016, 09:39:19 PM »
Just want to make sure I am understanding this correctly: As far as I'm aware, new games always start on Sunday at 8am, so basically the first week will be spent only selling those 2 items from each category, correct? And the start of week 2 is when you get to begin adding to your menu.

Thanks!
Kerry

Offline Ginj

• Occult
  • There's a dance in the old dame yet
    • Desjardins Story - A Sims 4 Legacy Challenge
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2016, 10:48:55 PM »
At 8:00 A.M. on the seventh Sunday, Gordon Simsay Jr.'s restaurant was worth 94510.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2016, 07:32:09 AM »
Just want to make sure I am understanding this correctly: As far as I'm aware, new games always start on Sunday at 8am, so basically the first week will be spent only selling those 2 items from each category, correct? And the start of week 2 is when you get to begin adding to your menu.

Thanks!
Kerry

No, you can begin selling other items as soon as your Sim has made a sample.

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2016, 07:33:42 AM »
Oh really? I thought I could do it after week one edit: I started adding things on sunday week 2.

Offline Minnie Mouse

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2016, 03:10:09 PM »
Thanks for the offer, Metro. I don't plan to start a new save, but I appreciate the gesture. I think if it was just game bugs, I wouldn't be quite as frustrated. But between that and now having to play on my old PC with a failing graphics card... the combo is just killing me. Anyway. We'll see how it goes. If nothing else I may just post a wimpy partial score, haha. ;)

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2016, 06:23:39 PM »
After some time to cool off from my frustrations, I decided to got through with the challenge and did the best I can :) (and had fun too). Although I know I could've done better (dine out is so buggy for me), I'm quite pleased with my final score: 97,028 simoleons. My sim got really big during this challenge due to all the good food she was eating, haha :D

Offline lesleyj42

• Townie
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2016, 08:55:08 PM »
After some exciting nights (Nancy and Geoffrey Landgraab both died simultaneously one night while eating dinner) and some difficult shifts (one of my servers kept wetting himself and continuing to serve tables), this challenge is complete. On the final Sunday morning, Cherry Gourmand's restaurant is worth $98,213.