Author Topic: CAS and NPC Visitors  (Read 3245 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
CAS and NPC Visitors
« on: August 15, 2016, 07:27:45 PM »
My sims (not me, of course) have locked up a sim who visited the lot on sim-Thursday morning and it is now sim-Saturday evening, so 60+ hours have passed.
The visitor NPC sometimes looks filthy and other times doesn't seem to have low hygiene at all.
My sims have stayed continuously at the lot, waiting for the visitor NPC to go kaput. 
They aren't traveling anywhere but have entered CAS via a dresser several times because a new adult household addition, a baby aging, and plain old plan outfits.

I'm starting to feel suspicious about the way the visiting SIM gets dirty then suddenly looks clean and how he doesn't show hunger pangs.

QUESTION: Whenever one of my sims selects Plan Outfits via a dresser and enters CAS, are the visiting NPC's meters (Bladder, Hunger, Energy, etc.) being reset?

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: CAS and NPC Visitors
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2016, 07:59:46 PM »
One way to test that would be to save your game then direct one of your sims to the dresser and then exit CAS. Enable testingcheats on and shift click the prisoner and add him/her to the household so you could see what the needs are. By 60hours in all the needs should be very low. Then just exit your game without saving and it will restart before you used the cheat.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2016, 08:41:34 PM »
One way to test that would be to save your game then direct one of your sims to the dresser and then exit CAS. Enable testingcheats on and shift click the prisoner and add him/her to the household so you could see what the needs are. By 60hours in all the needs should be very low. Then just exit your game without saving and it will restart before you used the cheat.

Thank you for the great suggestion!
I'm waiting until the whole household is at home to copy save and exit to Main Menu...
My legacy household is currently full, so I can't "Add to family" without deleting a sim first (in my save file, lol). Will report what I find. ;-)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2016, 09:00:47 PM »
It's going to be quite interesting... It seems from your post as though CAS is indeed resetting needs of the NPC. Makes me wonder if it's a glitch or something that has always worked that way and we've just never noticed.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2016, 11:04:49 AM »
@Playalot

Thank you so much for explaining how I could test my own question about the visiting NPC who I'd been trying to starve (to boost my legacy challenge score).
Using a copy of my challenge file, I deleted a household member so that I'd be left with seven sims.

(1) Add to family without planning outfits first
At a point over 60 hours since locking up the NPC, I cheated to add him to family. He was an elder with a bubbling age bar, which explains why he later died of old age.
But why didn't he starve to death before that?
Well, the NPC's Bladder and Social were close to zero but his Hunger and Fun were about 40%. How could his Hunger be 40% after not eating for 60+ hours?

(2) Plan outfits before adding to family
This time, I used a dresser to "plan outfits," after which I cheated to add the NPC to the family.
In this case, his Social was very low but all his other needs were at 100%.

TL;DR : If you're trying to starve a sim on your lot, don't plan outfits. Entering CAS will refill that sim's Hunger bar. 

You ask if this is a glitch, Playalot. I don't know and I keep forgetting to check my household sims's needs after using the dresser.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2016, 04:17:06 PM »
Very interesting results. I think I may have to make a cell in my basement-of-testing....