Author Topic: Sims 4 running very slowly then crashing completely  (Read 2317 times)

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
Sims 4 running very slowly then crashing completely
« on: July 20, 2016, 12:05:52 AM »
I had to start a new game of Sims4 about 10 days ago.  I lost about 400 saved games in my saved game list --- so about 30 generations of my main Sim family --- the Sullivan family (find them in the swap shop for TS4.)  I had a fully updated lot (all appliances in all rooms done by my 2 level 10 Sims --- totally great and smart family --- many skills maxed.
Anyway, I started again with about the last four generations of my main family.  I wrote everything down, so now the family is becoming very similar to the genius family they were before.

My question is:  What takes up more memory/slows the game down and in which order from the following list:
1. saved games
2. the number of playable Sims (I had 80 --- now it will be 35 shortly)
3. upgrades to stoves, tubs, dishwashers, fireplaces, etc
4. the amount of things Sims have on a lot
5. how much stuff Sims have in their individual inventories

P.S. Is there a cheat to get back the upgrades that my Sims did before I had to start over?  I placed the same house from my library back on the same lot with all of the stuff in the house.

Does anything else major slow down the game?

Thanks a lot.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Sims 4 running very slowly then crashing completely
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2016, 01:14:56 AM »
It's highly recommended to backup or delete older save games from time to time to help over all game performance.

Sims that have full inventories do cause the game to lag and crash. So it's a good idea to clear the family and individual inventories out from time to time.

Having a lot of stuff/furnishings/decor/landscaping on the lot and in the house does cause lag and crashing as well. So it's a good rule of thumb to limit all of that. Specially when you're trying to play a generational game.

In the post linked below are some troubleshooting tips for crashing:

General Crashing Issues
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=21899.msg408903.html#msg408903

Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
Re: Sims 4 running very slowly then crashing completely
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2016, 08:36:57 AM »
It's highly recommended to backup or delete older save games from time to time to help over all game performance.

Sims that have full inventories do cause the game to lag and crash. So it's a good idea to clear the family and individual inventories out from time to time.

Having a lot of stuff/furnishings/decor/landscaping on the lot and in the house does cause lag and crashing as well. So it's a good rule of thumb to limit all of that. Specially when you're trying to play a generational game.

In the post linked below are some troubleshooting tips for crashing:

General Crashing Issues
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=21899.msg408903.html#msg408903

Thanks so much, Mrs. Flynn --- for the tips and the links.  I will make sure to backup/delete old saved games/clean out inventories more often.  That house is the only one that I have really full of stuff, but this time, I tried to reduce the stuff on other lots.

anything