Author Topic: The Eternal Legacy  (Read 15391 times)

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
Re: The Eternal Legacy
« Reply #60 on: July 27, 2016, 01:44:39 PM »
Welcome Theodore, and congratulations to The Eternals on having ten kids! Regarding Collection Day, you can just harvest one plant and that usually takes care of all ten collectables you need to complete the goal. It feels a little cheat-y, but digging things up one by one really does take forever!

Offline Narinn2045

• Townie
« Reply #61 on: July 27, 2016, 02:36:47 PM »
Oh, I never even thought of harvesting plants! I'll have to do that next time. Usually I'm able to fill the career bar by 3 o'clock, but not on collection days, lol.
Current Stories
The Zanre Legacy

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #62 on: July 27, 2016, 04:07:15 PM »
I have my Sims do a few of the other requirements first and then go collect stuff.  He'll need crystals and minerals for building stuff anyway so collecting them is a good idea. You need both common and uncommon crystals eventually.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #63 on: August 11, 2016, 08:09:40 PM »
A huge congrats to your parents on birthing the tenth child! They and their Watcher must be completely exhausted!
What is the size of the Eternal household now?

What a great tip to learn that an adult can do the "Read to child..." social for multiple children at once!
Also, Faith is absolutely gorgeous!

Good luck to you and the Eternal family!

Offline Narinn2045

• Townie
« Reply #64 on: August 11, 2016, 08:35:28 PM »
@oshizu Thanks! Yeah, the 10 children goal is pretty exhausting. The household has 8 sims, a.k.a. utter chaos, lol. I agree, I think Faith is an extremely attractive sim. And I'm glad I was able to teach you something!

Sorry to all of you that I haven't been posting very much. With the monthly challenges to be completed, I've had a lot on my plate. I will get back to the Eternal household eventually, though. I promise!
Current Stories
The Zanre Legacy

Offline Narinn2045

• Townie
« Reply #65 on: August 12, 2016, 09:20:57 PM »
Chapter 18: Disappointment
Faith is now a Head Caterer!
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Natasha has mastered the Piano skill, so she’s almost done with the Musical Genius aspiration.

Theodore is adorable even when he’s sad. Edwin is such a good big brother.

And yes. Theodore is male. I had to double check because the game keeps showing him in both yellow and green onesies. See! What’s up with that?

We’ve been slowly making bits of progress with all the collections. I’ve been dedicating most of my time so far to getting Natasha to have the 10 children. That’s my excuse, at least.

Since she’s maxed both Gourmet Cooking, and Homestyle Cooking, it is awesome to watch Faith cook.

She made some excellent Baked Alaska. Now, I can’t remember, can impeccable Baked Alaska be cooked with the Stoves and Grills Master trait?

And Theodore has aged up! He is an active Social Butterfly. I’m going to have to add some LegacyLoves families with children in them. Ugh.

Natasha is mentoring Vicente for her aspiration. I think they’re a great couple.

For some reason, Bradley decided to walk all the way to the back of the house to work on his Creativity skill.

He’s almost finished the Artistic Prodigy, which is good because he ages up in three days. And he’s finished! I won’t have him work on a third aspiration because I don’t really think it’s necessary. In case you forgot (which I did), he has completed the Rambunctious Scamp aspiration already.

Nestor is going fishing to work on his Mental skill.

All he’s caught so far is this cichlid.

I’m quite confused. The children are freaking out about a monster, but no monster ever appeared, and I have six Coolala the Defender wall lights. What’s going on here?

Yes! Faith is a Pastry Chef! She is flying through this career.

I’ve finally remembered to pick up the elements from the mailbox. Oh, that reminds me; I still need to get more pen pals and ask for postcards.

Vicente’s maxed Wellness and Logic!

No! I went to go have dinner, so I saved and quit. When I came back, Faith, Edwin, and all the kids had been bounced back from work and school.

Since Faith is home, may as well answer one of my questions about the Simverse. Do chocolate cake and the signature cake have any differences?

I had her make the cakes, and since someone decided to take a piece out of each of them, we have an inside and outside comparison. The normal one is on the left, and the signature cake is on the right. No difference.

Well, that’s enough disappointment for today. I will try to post more frequently now. See you soon. Oh wait, I almost forgot! When should I start the voting for Generation 2's heir? Faith and Edwin are almost adults, and their parents are almost elders. If I wait until Theodore is a teen, there wouldn't be much wiggle room if Faith or Edwin were chosen as heir. Just so we're all on the same page, though, the voting doesn't start just yet.
Current Stories
The Zanre Legacy

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #66 on: August 13, 2016, 01:34:15 PM »
I really like Faith.  Just sayin', not votin'.  I think it's because I almost always have someone become a chef.  I had the same deal with the monster and koolala lights.  Game glitch I suppose.

----------
My No Buy Story

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Narinn2045

• Townie
« Reply #67 on: August 13, 2016, 01:46:05 PM »
@Joria Faith is a pretty awesome sim. For the monster issue, I've just been having Edwin clear out all the beds every night. I do hope that bug gets fixed soon.
Current Stories
The Zanre Legacy

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #68 on: August 13, 2016, 03:18:39 PM »
You must have been shocked to return from RL dinner to find all your sims back home!
I had the same thing happen very recently when I decided to "plan outfits" while a sim was at work.

As for voting, I waited until all the kids were teens so we'd know what they'd looked like.
Then, I rolled not only their teen aspiration but also their teen and adult traits.
I'm sure there are many ways of handling this. I just like knowing in advance what each potential heir's full set of traits are.
The teens still have to wait until they become young adults to gain their final trait.

Best wishes to Faith on her career. Like Joria, I love having a chef around!

Offline Narinn2045

• Townie
« Reply #69 on: August 15, 2016, 12:24:14 PM »
Chapter 19: Skilling, Aspirations, and Cowplants
In this update, I’m going to be focusing on having the children complete their aspirations. And look who maxed their Mental skill! Good job Nestor.

They may grow up to be evil, but baby cowplants are adorable. We do need someone to die by cowplant, after all.

Here you can see Natasha celebrating the completion of the Musical Genius aspiration. She never has to touch another piano again, if she doesn’t want to!

Vicente’s been working on his painting skill. Look at the masterpiece he created! I really need to make an art gallery or something.

Since Faith needs to cook three gourmet meals at a social event, I threw a Black and White party. Look at Annie, being a little rebel and wearing magenta.

The children returned shortly before the party ended. Bradley and Nestor came home as A students, Mary as a B student and Theodore still a C student. For some reason, Theodore and Bradley decided to fuse together. Oh, and Nestor finished his aspiration.

We got a gold medal on the party, however, Faith was having some trouble and couldn’t cook a final meal. We’ll just have to try again later, like when it’s Bradley’s birthday! He is now an Art Lover, and he wants to be a Renaissance Sim.

In the end, we just barely got gold and Faith made her three gourmet meals! Bradley’s outfit needs some work, though.

That’s better.

The cowplant grew! Should we name it?

After all that, we have 21 Potions of Youth. I didn’t mention this before, but to complete her aspiration, Mary just needs to become an A student. I will see you all very soon.
Current Stories
The Zanre Legacy

Offline Narinn2045

• Townie
« Reply #70 on: August 15, 2016, 12:26:37 PM »
Chapter 20: Vote for the Gen. 2 Heir
I have decided that it is time for you readers to vote. Here’s what I need you to vote for:
a) 1 heir
b) 2 spares who will stay in the household and continue to contribute points.

To help you make your decision, I will show you a picture of each eligible heir and their accomplishments.

Edwin Eternal

Edwin is Neat, Creative, and a Genius. He is currently at level 5 of the Scientist career and on the third milestone of the Freelance Botanist aspiration. During childhood, Edwin completed the Social Butterfly aspiration. Edwin hasn’t maxed any adult skills. He has 6 days before becoming an adult.

Faith Eternal

Faith is on the last milestone of the Master Chef aspiration. Currently, she is level 7 in the Culinary career She is Good, Cheerful, and a Bookworm. As a child, Faith completed the Social Butterfly aspiration. She has maxed Cooking and Gourmet Cooking, and she is level 9 in the Mixology skill. She has 6 days before becoming an adult.

Bradley Eternal

Bradley is Creative and an Art Lover. He has the Renaissance Sim aspiration, and he will be joining the Retail Employee career. As he has only just turned into a teen, he hasn’t maxed any adult skills. As a child, he completed both the Rambunctious Scamp and the Artistic Prodigy aspirations. Bradley has 13 days before aging up to a young adult.

Nestor Eternal

Nestor finished the Whiz Kid aspiration in the last part and is on the third milestone of the Artistic Prodigy aspiration. He has only maxed the Mental skill, however, he is almost level 8 in the Creativity skill. He is a Neat Sim. Nestor has 3 days until aging up to a teen.

Mary Eternal

Mary has almost finished the Whiz kid aspiration. She has maxed the Mental skill, and she is Neat. She has 6 days before aging up to a teen.

Theodore Eternal

Theodore, the baby of the family, has not accomplished very much, truth be told. He is only level 2 of the Social skill. He has completed one milestone of the Social Butterfly aspiration. He is Active and has 10 days before aging up to a teen.

I would like to remind everyone that a Potion of Youth may be used once during a sim’s lifetime. If you have any questions about any of the sims, let me know and I will answer to the best of my ability. You will have 5 days to vote. Oh, and all the voting will take place in the comments. May the most favoured sim win!
Current Stories
The Zanre Legacy

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
Re: The Eternal Legacy: Voting Taking Place!
« Reply #71 on: August 15, 2016, 02:33:16 PM »
Okay! I'm going to vote Bradley as the heir, largely because I like his hair. I'm very shallow about these things. :)
I think Faith and Edwin should stay in the house as spares. Edwin because he's Neat and Neat sims are very helpful to have around, Faith because I just like her.
Very much enjoying watching your busy household!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #72 on: August 15, 2016, 02:43:44 PM »
It's quite difficult to consider the younger children because we can't really compare them to the elder children in terms of achievements and potential.

My votes are exactly similar to @FrancescaFiori
Bradley would make the best heir because he's the youngest of the three eldest children, even though he will take forever to complete Renaissance Sim. I suggest you have him buy Connections.
Edwin and Faith make super helpful spares--a scientist offers all the science objects while Faith can feed everyone. Also, they're both close to finishing their first aspirations so you can count on them contributing PoYs later.

And wow, it must be crazy with six kids!

Offline Narinn2045

• Townie
« Reply #73 on: August 15, 2016, 03:53:33 PM »
@oshizu The age difference between the 6 children was what worried me the most about this first generation. In later generations, however, there won't be as large of an age gap.

Yay! People are voting! I'm extremely pleased.
Current Stories
The Zanre Legacy

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #74 on: August 15, 2016, 04:50:54 PM »
Faith FTW~~!  I think she should be the heir because of several factors.  One, I like her appearance, shallow but there you are.  Two, she is so close to maxing the Culinary Career AND the aspiration that she will be invaluable for all the future residents.  Food that never spoils and an in house ambrosia cook.  Plus, she looks great.  Once she's finished her career she can roll out the babies and take care of the family plus do anything else she desires.  For the spares, hmmm, harder choice.  I definitely think Edwin, (the hair), because the Scientist career will give you unlimited potions.  A high level scientist has fewer cloning failures and can whip up all kinds of serums that will definitely help the family.  Plus, with handiness he'll keep the house in good repair.  For the second spare, I'd go with either Bradley or Mary for the artistic skills.  Renaissance is hard to finish but worth it and his paintings will bring in a ton of cash plus make wonderful family portraits.  The same goes for Mary but she is still too young to really tell what her other traits would be so she's a bit iffier.

----------
My No Buy Story