Author Topic: Writing science fiction novel  (Read 3313 times)

Offline RogueSlayer

• Nooboo
Writing science fiction novel
« on: July 12, 2016, 01:09:02 PM »
I know this site is probably pretty old, but I still need help. I'm supposed to have my sim write a Sci-fi novel, but it's not listed in the writing section... did the writing skill change when it was able to be written?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: writing science fiction novel
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2016, 06:11:49 PM »
If I remember correctly your writer Sim has to be a certain writing level (Lv 1, 2 or possibly 3) to be able to write Sci-fi novels. I think (?) it's one of the first opportunities you have for writing.

I have a writer Sim in my current game. I have her do Refine Writing Skill to help her improve her writing skill, along with writing mostly romantic novels. This type of novel pays out the most.  Check your Sim's Writing Journal (Found in the Skills tab > Writing - look at the end of the skill points for the little note paper and click on it.) to find out what their highest paying novel is.

Here are some links that might help with your writing Sim. :)

http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/skills/writing/book-type-list.php
http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/skills/writing/
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RogueSlayer

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2016, 10:02:05 PM »
my sim is level three in writing, after reading all the toddler books for the creative stuff... but when I click into a computer, desktop or laptop, the sci-fi novel doesn't appear

Offline Candyd

• Queen of grilled cheese
  • Occult
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2016, 06:42:51 PM »
It's normal, the writing level goes to 3 automatically only once you've started improving writing skill on the computer. You need to do this interaction to enable the writing skill to go to level 3. It's going to improve automatically once the sim is on the computer. Until then, the option is disabled.