Author Topic: Beds not working as well?  (Read 9652 times)

Offline Brisayshi

• Townie
Beds not working as well?
« on: June 24, 2016, 05:05:16 PM »
In my game the Single Mission Double Bed and Discretion Double Bedsystem have recently started restoring energy less efficiently. Normally those beds restore with three small arrows on the energy bar, but now they're only doing it with two. I figured it was just a little goof in the graphics, but they really are restoring my sims' energy more slowly, which is a major pain for my immortal dynasty. I haven't checked to see if other save files are behaving the same way. I don't have any mods or custom content, so I know that has nothing to do with it. I'm curious if anyone else has experienced this, and if they've been able to fix it.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: Beds not working as well?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2016, 12:49:46 PM »
What's the energy number on the beds?  Is it possible that based on that number they were previously working too effectively and are now where they are supposed to be?
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ynde

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2016, 06:14:58 PM »
I have had this happen as well.  The supposedly level 6 bed seems no better than the cheap child's bed my child sim is in. Today i had it happen with a level 10 bed, as well. Also, exiting and re-loading the game seems to fix it at least some of the time.

Offline CuriousSim

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2016, 09:24:02 PM »
I typically use the teen bed. It's the cheapest bed that one can get, that isn't uncomfortable. I use that, until I can afford the princess bed (single). It's a shame that it means that to get the most out of one's day, all the beds must look the same.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2016, 04:58:03 AM »
I've been watching my sims sleeping for a few days now but I can't seem to recreate this. Is it something that once it happens even buying a brand new version of the same bed doesn't fix it? Or does buying a new bed fix it permanently? Does it happen when only one sims is sleeping in the double bed or can it happen when two sims are using the bed?

There is an open bug report on this that sounds the same issue. You may like to add a 'me too' or even a new post.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Brisayshi

• Townie
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2016, 04:57:48 PM »
Thanks for the replies, everyone. It's frustrating, it's a high quality bed that normally restores energy really well, but now it's acting up. Exiting and reloading the game hasn't helped, nor has restarting my computer or deleting the cache files. I still haven't tested whether or not this happens on other files, so I'll have to check that.

@Playalot, that does sound just like my bug. I noticed it on my dynasty file around my latest update, which was June 23rd, so that sounds exactly right. It does it whether two or one person sleeps in the bed. Replacing the bed with the same kind of bed doesn't help. Oddly enough, the single version of the Single Mission Bed was working normally, restoring energy quickly with three arrows.

Offline Brisayshi

• Townie
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2016, 11:57:50 PM »
Update: I tried a brand new game file and the two problem beds still aren't working properly. My guess is that it's a bug brought on by the "monster under the bed" update.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ynde

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2016, 05:55:34 PM »
I first had a bed problem before the most recent update, but it seemed to resolve itself with an exit and reload. Since the update, though, any level 6 and up double beds I've used have been bugged. I haven't tried to do extensive testing. I've been playing with a single adult sim or a single adult with a child, so it's only been one sim sleeping in the bed at a time. I've actually gone to a twin-sized bed instead because it fills my energy bar much more quickly than the supposedly better double bed.

Offline Brisayshi

• Townie
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2016, 09:43:28 PM »
I first had a bed problem before the most recent update, but it seemed to resolve itself with an exit and reload. Since the update, though, any level 6 and up double beds I've used have been bugged. I haven't tried to do extensive testing. I've been playing with a single adult sim or a single adult with a child, so it's only been one sim sleeping in the bed at a time. I've actually gone to a twin-sized bed instead because it fills my energy bar much more quickly than the supposedly better double bed.

Yes, that sounds exactly like my bug. My double beds level 6 and up are acting up, too, and the twin beds are completely fine. I've paused my legacy for a bit in hopes that it'll get fixed soon, it's frustrating. I guess I could switch the beds to twin beds for the time being, but mehhh. Exiting and reloading hasn't helped me with the current bug, nor has deleting cache or anything else I've tried, so I guess we'll just have to wait and hope the next patch fixes it.

Offline Brisayshi

• Townie
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2016, 05:54:25 PM »
Raising the thread from the dead to see if any more people are experiencing this issue? I figure it can't be TOO common because I haven't seen a lot of complaints about it. Only on this thread and the one EA Answers HQ thread.

Offline Brisayshi

• Townie
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2016, 09:33:52 PM »
Update: Tried repairing the game through origin. No luck.  :'(

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2016, 04:38:00 PM »
It must be needing a dev's coding fix @Brisayshi . There is a thread about this on the official USA forum. Maybe you might want to read/post there too? If you notify 'SimGuruNick' there it may bring this issue to the dev's attention sooner.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/896059/best-bed-not-doing-its-best#latest
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Brisayshi

• Townie
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2016, 08:19:25 PM »
Thanks @Playalot . This bug is driving me nuts, I hate when my sims' energy doesn't restore quickly. I wish there was an easy fix in-game! But notifying a dev sounds good.

anything