Author Topic: Sims 4 - Random freezing/crashing!  (Read 2901 times)

Offline snackrafice

• Llama Wrangler
Sims 4 - Random freezing/crashing!
« on: June 21, 2016, 01:21:54 PM »
With Origin's recent sale on some of The Sims packs and expansions I decided to take advantage of this and purchased Get Together, Spa Day, and Outdoor Retreat.

Prior to this purchase I only had the base game, Get To Work, and the free packs (such as Holiday Celebration) and never had any problems.

Since this purchase I am having a single reoccurring problem where randomly in my gameplay the game will freeze and then minimize down but I will still have my Sims mouse icon and be able move it around but I am unable to actually click anything so I will have to force my computer to restart. This issue happens VERY randomly! It happened a few hours after booting up my game to a few minutes, while in CAS mode, build mode, actively playing with time in-game passing, and it has also occurred when I had my game paused to step away from my computer for a moment to come back to it minimized and frozen. Again, very random! When this does happen I do not get any pops ups saying my game crashed or whatever, it is just minimized but with the mouse icon from the game that I am able to move around yet not be able to click anything. Oh and I think it is worth mentioning also that I have never downloaded any CC or mods for my Sims 4 game.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Random freezing/crashing!
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2016, 05:08:17 PM »
In my search of the problem, I'm not finding anything specific.

Have you tried any of the following troubleshooting tips?

General Crashing Issues (Tips to help with)
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=21899.msg408903#msg408903

Intermittent Lagging/Freezing
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=21899.msg426179#msg426179
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Flynn Arrowstarr

• Administrator
  • Immortal
  • Semi-conscious
Re: Random freezing/crashing!
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2016, 10:09:49 PM »
Hi, snackrafice. Futurama fan? 8)

Can I ask, how much computer memory do you have? And what graphics card? It sounds, from your description, that your system may be running low on one or the other. Thinking graphics memory as it seems to take less time to crash when working in Build mode and CAS.

Flynn

With Origin's recent sale on some of The Sims packs and expansions I decided to take advantage of this and purchased Get Together, Spa Day, and Outdoor Retreat.

Prior to this purchase I only had the base game, Get To Work, and the free packs (such as Holiday Celebration) and never had any problems.

Since this purchase I am having a single reoccurring problem where randomly in my gameplay the game will freeze and then minimize down but I will still have my Sims mouse icon and be able move it around but I am unable to actually click anything so I will have to force my computer to restart. This issue happens VERY randomly! It happened a few hours after booting up my game to a few minutes, while in CAS mode, build mode, actively playing with time in-game passing, and it has also occurred when I had my game paused to step away from my computer for a moment to come back to it minimized and frozen. Again, very random! When this does happen I do not get any pops ups saying my game crashed or whatever, it is just minimized but with the mouse icon from the game that I am able to move around yet not be able to click anything. Oh and I think it is worth mentioning also that I have never downloaded any CC or mods for my Sims 4 game.
Check out Flynn's Fineries for houses, Sims and helpful articles.

Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

anything