Author Topic: Immortality Awaits: New Grill, Promotion, New Girl (7/15)  (Read 11450 times)

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
So happy you haven't failed because I'm really looking forward to it.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
Oh, my goodness! What a roller coaster! I'm delighted you don't have to restart and that your pictures are safe. Each time I failed my Sims 3 dynasty (seven failures at last count) it was the thought of rebuilding the house that was the hardest thing to get over. So much work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Phew!!!  I'm so glad all is well. 
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Caterina

• Occult
Re: Immortality Awaits: Getting Started - Part 1
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2016, 03:59:50 PM »
Getting Started - Part 1

Upon finishing the reading of Grim’s Instructions, Gabriella breathed a huge sigh of relief.  Immortality
seemed achievable.  She broke down in tears once more remembering the promise of the rewards.  If
she was successful in obtaining immortality for herself and 7 of her descendants, she could return home,
home to her mother’s arms, home to her twin brother.  How could she miss someone so much whom
she had never met?

Gabriella tucked everything safely back into her pocket and wiped away her tears.  It had been a very
emotional morning so far.  She inhaled deeply hoping to clear her mind.  She reached into her pocket
and closed her hand around the pendant.  She felt herself growing stronger and stronger in her belief
that she could and would fulfill her destiny.  It was time to get started.

The first item on Grim’s list was ‘Master a unique career’.  Since her Aspiration was to become a
Master Chef, Gabriella used her phone to find a job in the Culinary career.  She starts work in 2 days at
4:00pm as an Assistant Dishwasher.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Not knowing much about the other items on the list, Gabriella decided that the library might be a
good place to gather information.  She took out her phone to look up the address of the nearest library.

As she stood there browsing the web, she heard footsteps.  She turned to see a young woman who
was also using her phone.  “Time to make my first friend”, she thought.  “Maybe she would be able to
give me directions to the library.”

Gabriella introduced herself and started to chat about video games and Llamas of all things.  The
young woman's name was Ulrike Faust.

Ulrike was a perfectionist.  She was employed as a painter at 1000 Words Art Gallery. 

They discussed fine cuisine ...

... and grilled cheese sandwiches. 

Before long, Gabriella had made her first friend. 

Offline Caterina

• Occult
Re: Immortality Awaits: Getting Started (6/30)
« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2016, 04:21:50 PM »
Getting Started – Part 2

Ulrike offered to take Gabriella to the library in Windenburg on her way back home.  Ulrike explained
that she and her roommate, Maaike, had just moved to Windenburg and that they were still struggling to
furnish and upgrade their tiny cottage home.

When they arrived at the library, Gabriella had an idea.  Perhaps the three of them could pool their
resources and live together.  They would be able to afford a bigger house and better quality furnishings. 
Gabriella asked Ulrike if she and her roommate would like to move in with her.  Somehow the thought
of having a few friends by her side made the road to immortality feel a little less scary.

Ulrike said ‘Yes’.  Maaike joined them at the library and they discussed the move.  Ulrike and Maaike
agreed to sell their house and all of their furnishings.  The ‘Free Spirits’ household added $32,249 to
Gabriella’s $10,000.

Inside, Gabriella introduced herself to the librarian.  She asked her where she could find a list of
aspirations, a list of skills, a list of rewards, information on whims, and guides on how to throw a Gold
Medal party.  Ulrike and Maaike probably knew a lot of what she was asking for but Gabriella wasn’t
ready to share the details of her destiny with them just yet.  Being that they were close in age, she may
never need to.  The less people who knew the better.

Gabriella introduced herself to a second librarian who showed her where to look for floor plans and
builders.  Maaike and Gabriella flipped through several floor plan books while Ulrike painted outside on a
nearby easel.  After a short while, they found an open floor plan that would allow them to add pre-
designed rooms, outdoor spaces, and a second floor as they could afford them.  They placed an order
for the ground floor shell, a dining room, a kitchen, a bathroom, and four bedrooms.  The shell of the
house included a front door, siding, and a roof.  Construction was to begin at once.  The builders were
local and since Gabriella and Maaike chose pre-designed and pre-fabricated rooms and house, the build
would not take long at all to complete.

Ulrike finished her first painting, Maaike, who was a writer, finished reading an entire book, and
Gabriella finished her research.  She had all the information she needed.  The three young adults headed
back to Gabriella’s lot at Twin Oracle Point in Newcrest.  They arrived to find that the builders had
already completed all of the work on their new home.

View from the front of their new home.

From the left:  The Dining Room, Kitchen, Bathroom, Gabriella's Bedroom, Ulrike's Bedroom, and Maaike's Bedroom.
Bottom Center:  The fourth bedroom.

View from the back of their new home.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2016, 05:46:25 PM »
You are so going to love having those two as roomies!  Ulricke paints up a storm and maxis painting fast, bringing in a really fine income.  Maalke is a bit more difficult.  She likes to leave her computer to do other things, a lot.  That house is going to be so easy to expand as money is available.  Nice going. 

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Caterina

• Occult
« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2016, 07:17:38 PM »
@Joria
     I had looked through the townie list here on the guide and Ulrike and Maaike were my first choices for roommates.  As it turned out, Ulrike was literally the first sim Gabriella saw.  I couldn't have been any luckier.  Ulrike was always walking around in her skimpy underwear which makes some of the screenshots awkward as you will see.  As for Maaike, I love her.  I think she is a very attractive sim.  I love her little stuck up walk.  I agree about her being anywhere but at her computer.  Maybe she is just a very fast writer.  And yes, money has not been a problem but then it usually isn't.  Thanks for your comment.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2016, 06:35:47 AM »
Painting is easily my favourite way to earn money and reap easy points. Did you not wait to get Connections for Gabriella?
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline Caterina

• Occult
« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2016, 09:23:41 AM »
Gabriella did not get connections.  I will take a look at my spreadsheet and see if I can make it available for everyone.  I think I only have it planned for one of my heirs.  She had no problem maxing her career without it.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2016, 12:03:14 PM »
Oh, gosh! I'm so behind. For some reason, Tapatalk won't let me read this thread on my phone, so I have to wait until I get back to my desktop to catch up, but hooray for Gabriella! What a great start! I really like Ulrike and Maaike, and I'm sure they'll be awesome helpers. I'm excited to find out who the fourth bedroom is for!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2016, 03:35:22 PM »
Pretty much all my Sims get connections but that's because I really hate having a poverty stricken house and you can really rake in the cash, AND furnish the house with it.  Plus it gives them a leg up in their careers.  Only, if they are already employed in a particular career, you can't quit, use connections, and re-enter the same career at a higher rank.  Some careers move along really quickly anyway but others seem to take forever for that first promotion so connections really helps.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Caterina

• Occult
« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2016, 08:12:31 PM »
@Joria
    Last night I edited my plans.  I substituted reward potions that I hardly ever use to free up some reward traits that all of my sims should have access to.  Thanks for the tip. 

Offline Caterina

• Occult
Re: Immortality Awaits: Getting Started - Part 3 (7/3)
« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2016, 11:41:02 AM »
Getting Started – Part 3

Ulrike was exhausted and headed straight to bed.  Maaike and Gabriella checked out the house
together.  With the last minute decision to add a fourth bedroom, they could barely afford exterior walls
and siding or a front door.  Some of the art work and furniture were sacrificed.  It seemed two of the
interior walls, one for the dining room and one for the kitchen, were also missing.  The space had a nice
open feeling that Gabriella liked very much.  She hoped Ulrike and Maaike were happy with their
bedrooms even though not all of the furniture and décor they ordered were there.  With three salaries, they
would be able to build the missing walls and purchase the missing items to complete the rooms soon
enough.

Gabriella loved the bright colors of the kitchen and dining room.  She couldn’t wait to get started on
her second aspiration.  Before leaving the library Gabriella had received an email with a link to a
spreadsheet.  It was from her watcher and it contained requirement plans for each generation of the
dynasty.  Gabriella was relieved that she didn’t need to come up with a successful plan herself.  All she
and her descendants had to do was execute it. 

She would need to complete the Grilled Cheese aspiration along with the Master Chef aspiration and
max the Baking, Cooking, and Gourmet Cooking skills.  Her research at the library taught her that being
inspired would help her gain skill more quickly in each of her planned skills.  She took a moment to
browse art on the computer for inspiration.  Once inspired, Gabriella found a frying pan and started
making grilled cheese sandwiches. 

Maaike had gone to her room to complete some more reading before her next shift at work.  When
the grilled cheese sandwiches were ready, Gabriella called her to try one.  They were so good that
Gabriella ate 3 of them and unlocked the Grilled Cheese aspiration.

It was getting very late.  Luckily for Gabriella she didn’t have to work in the morning.  Her shift didn’t
start until 4:00pm.  She headed off to bed and slept in. 

The next morning Ulrike and Maaike were off to work early.  Gabriella was still asleep when they left.
 She had planned to see some more of the world, meet new people, and make friends before her shift at
the restaurant but there was not enough time for that.  She ate another grilled cheese, cleaned up, and
browsed art on the computer again for inspiration.  Being inspired was the ideal mood for her to
progress quickly at work.  Her needs were full and she was inspired as she left the house for her first
day of work.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2016, 01:06:20 PM »
I really like that Gabriella is still in her white gown. It makes her seem sort of ethereal. You can tell she's from a different time and place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Caterina

• Occult
« Reply #44 on: July 03, 2016, 01:38:11 PM »
It is pretty much all she wears for most of her YA and Adult life so I'm glad you like it.  I gave her a second set of clothes a few days before she turned elder.  She had gained some weight and then started doing yoga and lost some so I wanted to see her new shape.