Author Topic: Immortality Awaits: New Grill, Promotion, New Girl (7/15)  (Read 11447 times)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: Immortality Awaits: Unexpected Treasures (new 6/23)
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2016, 03:53:08 PM »
Great pictures and story!  I love the way you are using the History Challenge to write up an ID!  Can hardly wait to see what a Medieval home would look like.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Caterina

• Occult
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2016, 04:57:39 PM »
@Nettlejuice
    Thanks!  Yeah, Alexa didn't even get to cuddle her or feed her before she was taken away.  So sad.

@Joria
    Thanks for the compliments!  Sorry to have to disappoint you but there won't be a medieval home in this story.  I haven't built it yet.  That is what has my History Challenge is on hold, due to the fact that I have to rebuild their house in Medieval style and that takes lots of research and time.

I am playing a bit far ahead of my writing so I might pause my Immortal Dynasty until my writing catches up.  Maybe I can use my play time to build the medieval house!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2016, 07:45:17 AM »
I am so impressed by your gift of being able to turn a floor plan (architectural drawing, I'm not sure what to call that image) into a sims's dwelling.

I also love that you've had your sims use "Painting by reference" to capture their homes in the different eras.

Offline Caterina

• Occult
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2016, 10:47:24 AM »
@oshizu
    Thank you for the compliment on my so called 'gift'.  I had to laugh at that because for me it lets me off the hook of needing to be creative or original.  You earn points in the History Challenge if you "represent each era with a family portrait/photo."  Since there were no cameras in caveman days, a cave painting it was.

@Joria asked about a Medieval style house.  I spent a few hours last night placing Medieval lots from the gallery into one of my empty world test files.  I narrowed the field down to 3 that I might use for inspiration.  Then, I thought what about Winterfell from Game of Thrones.  That's Medieval.  Fast Forward a few more hours and I have started recreating Winterfell from a sketch I found on Google images.  The Gallery didn't seem to have what I was looking for though there were definitely some ideas I will borrow.

Edit:  Go me for using my first link!!!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2016, 11:35:13 AM »
@Caterina
Don't laugh, I was making a sincere compliment! I've never gotten past looking at a photo or a floor plan and thining: "Oh, this house looks really cool!" :-(

P.S. What link? What link?

Offline Caterina

• Occult
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2016, 11:53:55 AM »
@oshizu
     The words "History Challenge" are green colored in the previous post.  If you mouse over the green words, a link appears that will take you to the version of the History Challenge I am playing.  I found it in a thread on 'forums the sims dot com'.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2016, 04:06:53 PM »
The story just keeps getting better! I love that she inherently know how to take selfies :).

That picture of Alexander's death is so dramatic. Such a striking contrast with the gorgeous background.

I'm very sad the baby was whisked away so quickly! I can't wait to find out what happens next!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Caterina

• Occult
Re: Immortality Awaits: Grim's Instructions
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2016, 11:43:22 PM »
Grim’s Instructions

Gabriella dried off her tears.  She put Aunt Kara’s drawings safely back into her pocket and took a
moment to look around.  She owned the land she was standing on.  It was a big lot.  There was a park
and a playground nearby.  Trolley tracks lined the street behind her.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
“Gabriella – Twin Oracle Point, Newcrest - Present Day”

Off in the distance she could see water and the city skyline.  The view was breathtaking.  There were
no houses built on any of the lots in the neighborhood.  Hers would be the first.  Maybe mother planned
it this way so that there wouldn’t be anyone questioning the immortality we were hoping to find.

“A breathtaking view of her neighborhood and the city skyline in the distance.”

She pulled out her phone and tapped the “$$” icon.  It took her to her bank account.  There was
$10,000 just like her mother said.

“Checking her bank account.”

Everything was in order.  Gabriella took a deep breath and tried to calm her nerves.  She couldn’t help
to be a little nervous about what she was going to find when she turned the page.  What was it exactly
that she had to do?  The next page would reveal her destiny.  Not wanting to delay the inevitable any
longer, Gabriella turned the page.  She was comforted to find her mother’s handwriting once more.

Dear Gabriella,
     Immortality, as described by Grim, is infinite life.  The symbol for infinity looks like the number 8
turned on its side.  There is no coincidence that it will require 8 mortals to complete 8 requirements
each to secure immortality for themselves and for us all. 

If you are successful in creating an Immortal Dynasty, Grim will share with you the secret of
resurrection.  You and your descendants will be given the choice to either be transplanted here to the
villa in the Early Civilization Era via the “bin” or remain there in the Modern Era.  Each of you will be able
to resume life at any life stage that you choose.  If you choose an earlier life stage, you will be required
to enter the “bin” for the transformation.  In addition, with the power of resurrection and the “bin”, you
will be able to restore the life of any loved ones, who may have passed, to any life stage, so long as you
are in possession of their urns. 

We, in the Early Civilization Era, will have the choice to resurrect any of our dearly departed as well. 
The secret of immortality will be shared with us all so we will be able to choose to live as immortals if
 that is what our hearts desire. 

Grim’s reward will be that we will have the ability to resurrect Aunt Kara so that he may ask her to
share a lifetime with him. 

Gabriella, I hope that you will agree that the rewards of immortality and resurrection outweigh the
sacrifices we are making.  If you fail, you alone will return to the villa in the Early Civilization Era at
whatever life stage you are at the time.

The Requirements for Immortality:

1.   Master a unique career.
2.   Complete 2 unique aspirations.
3.   Master 3 adult skills.  These may be duplicated amongst heirs.
4.   Purchase 4 unique rewards.
5.   Earn a Gold Medal at 5 different parties.  These may be duplicated amongst heirs.
6.   Have 6 ‘Good Friends’ and at least one unique ‘BFF’.
7.   Satisfy 7 whims tied to 7 different emotions.  These may be duplicated amongst heirs.
8.   Place 8 items into a ‘family museum’.  Item types must NOT be duplicated.

Upon entering the elder life stage, a mortal who has satisfied the 8 requirements for immortality may
eat Ambrosia and become an immortal.  Eating Ambrosia resets your current life stage thus allowing you
to live forever.

The Recipe for Ambrosia:

Ingredients:
    1 Death Flower

1 Potion of Youth

1 Angelfish

Directions:
     Upon reaching Level 10 in both the Cooking and Gourmet Cooking skills, the recipe for Ambrosia will
appear on the Gourmet Cooking recipe list.  Gather the ingredients into your inventory.  Prepare the
dish.  Enjoy!

You may invite anyone into your household to help you with whatever you need help with. 
Remember, if you have any questions…ask Grim.  Our watcher will do most of the planning and will be
there to guide you as you walk along the path of your destiny.

I will be waiting for your return.  Good luck Gabriella.

All my love,

Alexa

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
Re: Immortality Awaits: Grim's Instructions (new 6/24)
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2016, 01:20:32 PM »
Oh, you're building Winterfell? I know you'll do an amazing job after seeing your Roman Villa. Though I do hope it's the Winterfell before the jerks took over  ;)
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2016, 03:06:26 PM »
I don't watch Game of Thrones, (too violent for me), but I love the costumes etc. from the show.  I did read the first book and got fed up with all the slaughter and intrigue so had no interest in the show.  However, I am waiting with baited breath to see your build!  I know it will be gorgeous.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Caterina

• Occult
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2016, 11:44:02 PM »
So ... I was having so much fun playing and I've played quite far ahead of my story.  Gabriella had completed all of her requirements for eating ambrosia and is 3 days away from becoming an elder.  She was married and had given birth to a baby girl.  I just bought and installed the new Kid's Room Stuff Pack and thought I should take a look at the rules to see if anything from the pack has been banned.  Since there are at least 80 pages in the challenge rule thread, I have been reading a few pages each day.  Today, I read a clarification about not being able to use the 'Book of Life'.  I must have missed that the 6 or so times I have read through the rules.  I thought it was making things a little to easy to have my sims using it.  Long story short, I have failed my first attempt by breaking a rule.  =(

I will be starting my game file over tomorrow but since my story is only at game time 8:03am on Sunday, I will continue the story here.  Thankfully I didn't spend all day writing like I have should have.  Maybe I will use some of my screenshots from my first attempt in a daydream sequence.  I'd really like to share some of them with you.  I'm pretty sure I will re-play everything the same way, even build the house and lot the same.  Only the NPC helpers that I moved in will probably be different.  I hope my spouse is in the new game file.  I'm going to keep playing this game file tonight as I have fun exploring the new stuff pack.  I want to see what the baby looks like as a child.  I will re-read the rules a few more times before I begin again. =)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
@Caterina
How did you use the Book of Life? It is okay to use a Book of Life to refill a sim's needs (Read epic saga). You just aren't allowed to use it to bring a sim back to life.

From "Immortal Dynasty FAQs" on page 1 of the Immortal Dynasty Challenge thread:

Can I use book of life to cure negative moodlets?  Can I use book of life for museum contribution?
-- Yes to both.  You cannot use book of life to extend life, but you can use book of life to cure negative moodlets and you can write book of life and contribute it to the museum for requirement.

I hope your game is okay and that you will not need to restart.

Offline Caterina

• Occult
OH!  I guess I didn't fail then! 

I deleted a ton of my pictures already.  I probably have enough left to tell the story.  I saved the best shots.

You know, I thought I made sure I could use the books before I started using them.  I guess I just freaked out when I re-read the rule.

I'm so confused...

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
I hope you can restore your deleted shots from your Recycle Bin.

Offline Caterina

• Occult
@oshizu
Thanks so much for your help.  I'm glad one of us is awake and alert tonight.  I just looked in my recycle bin and ALL the screenshots(776) I deleted since I started are there.  You are a story saver.