Author Topic: Computer restarted during sims 4 update, sims won't launch *Fixed!!*  (Read 2281 times)

Offline lm1235

• Nooboo
Hello! I just joined the forums though I admit it's just because I need an answer and nobody else seems to have this problem. Maybe I'll stick around? We'll see. Anyways, to the point. I was starting up Sims 4 today and Origin told me it needed to update. So I update it, and near the end, where it's just installing it, my computer crashes. This has happened a few times before, no huge concern. I turn my computer back on and try to run Sims, but it won't start up. I open up Origin and press play on Sims. The 'Play' button goes gray for a few seconds and goes back to normal, but the Sims hasn't started yet. I've tried multiple times to run it, but nothing's working! I'm not very good at computery stuff so I'd prefer not to mess with the files, but if I have to, I will. Thank you!

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Computer restarted during sims 4 update, sims won't launch
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2016, 11:34:54 PM »
Please forgive us for suggesting things that have already been tried. :)

Have you tried any of the troubleshooting tips in the post linked below?

Sims 4 Play Button Greyed Out / Can't Play Game
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=21899.msg407386#msg407386
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline lm1235

• Nooboo
Re: Computer restarted during sims 4 update, sims won't launch
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2016, 07:10:08 PM »
I tried to repair my game like one of the tips said but I fear I closed origin again by mistake before it was done, as the play button is grayed out all the time now & the options Play, Check For Updates, Repair Game, Game Properties and Uninstall are now grayed out too  :(

Update: fixed! Thank you!