Author Topic: I'd Really Like To See Your (Dynasty) House Builds  (Read 28376 times)

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: I'd Really Like To See Your (Dynasty) House Builds
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2016, 08:37:17 PM »
@Ricalynn
It's so interesting to compare what I've imagined your house layout to be, based on your screenshots, and how you've actually laid out your activity areas.
So much of the "action" takes place in the Movie Viewing Area which turned out to be smaller than it looks!

With all your house visitors, the public bathrooms are a brilliant idea. Are those the (Outdoor retreat) tarp showers to minimize walls down there?

The immortal jails look cheerless, lol. I guess you picked that brick wall covering to make that area resemble a dungeon. It works!

Offline Caterina

• Occult
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2016, 08:58:08 PM »
Here's mine.  I used a lot of pre-made rooms and kind of stuck them together.  It isn't done yet.  There is still a lot of drywall.  I moved in my founder's intended and his mother.  She had level 9 wellness so I dedicated the top floor to her.  I also recreated their home into a little mother-in-law-to-be suite up there.

Edit:  I guess I added the suite after I took these photos.

Immortality_Awaits_x_001.jpg

Immortality_Awaits_x_002.jpg

Immortality_Awaits_x_003.jpg

Immortality_Awaits_x_004.jpg

Immortality_Awaits_x_005.jpg

Immortality_Awaits_x_006.jpg

Immortality_Awaits_x_007.jpg

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2016, 06:45:39 AM »
Again some great builds!

Lol @Ricalynn I've never thought about immortal jails. Do I understand correctly that this is a place where you leave an immortal when you're done with them to autonomously live their lives and feed them ambrosia when you need to? My solution for now is for the immortals to keep their job and have them have full nights of sleep so they are out of my hair. 

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2016, 10:09:54 AM »
@Ricalynn It really helps to see the full house, sometimes I'm not even sure which part of the house certain events taken place in.

@Caterina How sweet that you have a yoga area and a suite for the mother-in-law, I'm not kind enough to give most individuals their own spaces. I'm amazed that this is the Newcrest lot, usually it's so small for my taste when it comes to a dynasty but you still have a lot of space to fill.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2016, 11:21:58 AM »
@MissZoef  I used what I called Troll Holes in my Speed Life States Dynasty for TS3.  There were things that made it the easiest thing ever and I never had to worry about them dying and it was slightly based off the Immortal Jail which was another member's coin name for what they did to their elders.  Though with the addition of meditation.  This extreme isn't actually required.   But yes in it's most basic form, you put things in the room that would help them take care of all their basic needs without you having to worry about checking on them.  Unfortunately there's no unbreakable shower this time around or video game console (I want that back!)  but the holes are bigger than the last time I tried it too.   I may have to put Artie down in purgatory for everyone to see it in use. Just remember you never want them to have the best stuff.. so it takes longer for them to do simple tasks, like sleep.   My problem was Artie's job was an evening one.  So he would mess up the dynamic and then loves to come home and get abducted. 

@Nettlejuice Oh well I know what I need to add to Grim Connections now.  A house tour! Haha or a map of the house!
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline karinos1996

• Nooboo
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2016, 01:07:12 PM »
Two of my recent projects!  :D You can check out how u built them at my channel karinos1000

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_eV9k2BOfQCHAViNAoWELg

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2016, 02:56:19 PM »
Two of my recent projects!  :D You can check out how u built them at my channel karinos1000

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_eV9k2BOfQCHAViNAoWELg
They look great :-)

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
  • Oh the grill indoors will be fine!
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2016, 10:22:13 AM »
This is a failed dynasty house. But it's one of my favourites. I have shared some photos of it before, but not done a proper tour. A dynasty house ultimately has to sleep 8 (only has 6 spaces at the moment), so the plan was to split that evenly across the two wings when I had a full house. One of the existing bedrooms could be converted to something creative (prison cells? a hospital ward?), but really in the day-to-day grind the house is just fine. Also, I wasn't going for any super realism role-playing at all (look at the pool). In a house this big in real life, there'd be some en suite bathrooms, but not here. It's just not necessary. If the dynasty goals had worked out here, I'd have put in a basement, but there isn't one. There might seem like a lot of food just lying around... and there is... but one of the best aspirations to hit early is Master Chef so my founder could make food that never spoils. On a fairly pointless tangent, gen 3 (I got that far!) is the one watching the TV: Willow Goth. Mum is Bella. Cassy is buried in the garden.

It is a little thing of my own. I call it "Heart Foam". I shall not publish it. Farewell! Patience, Patience, farewell!

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2016, 11:59:38 AM »
It's lovely! I like the rocket ship on an island in the pool. The house itself seems very open and comfortable and beautifully decorated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2016, 03:33:51 PM »
Your house is so beautiful! I especially like the outside :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
  • Oh the grill indoors will be fine!
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2016, 04:37:45 PM »
It's lovely! I like the rocket ship on an island in the pool. The house itself seems very open and comfortable and beautifully decorated!

Your house is so beautiful! I especially like the outside :-)

Thank you both. :) The algae pool is the highlight for me.

----------

Edit. Adding some indoor pictures.

That's the ballroom in my mind. You can imagine the DJ booth and chairs being packed away and a soirée with string quartet in there. It's really only because this is a dynasty house that so much of the ground floor is for entertaining. Dynasty families are partying families, having some non-spoiling food here takes the pressure off the kitchen when there's a big event. And the house has two entrances. That door can be set as the front door, others can be locked etc.

It is a little thing of my own. I call it "Heart Foam". I shall not publish it. Farewell! Patience, Patience, farewell!

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2016, 04:46:30 PM »
@FrancescaFiori

Wow!  What a great replica of the von Trapp's house!  I've also watched The Sound of Music hundreds of times, and you really got all of the important details of the house!  I've seen some specials about the movie, but I didn't know that the outside and inside were filmed in 2 different places (continents, in this case!)  I know a lot of trivia about the movie (and have read the 2 books that Maria wrote.)  My grandma introduced me to the movie and the books when I was 5 (just about 30 years ago).  I wrote my thesis about the Trapp Lodge.

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2016, 03:23:23 PM »
@Nettlejuice I just noticed that your Sims have Skyrim paintings in their art studio :) Cool!

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2016, 01:40:21 PM »
So lately I rebuild/refurnished my Dynasty house completely. Lucky for me the City Living expansion just came out and I used a LOT of it in my furnishing. I love the new build/buy items.
However, I don't really know what to do with the garden and terrace around the house. I would love to hear your suggestions ideas for the garden and terrace :) I always struggle to make a garden that I'm pleased with. I am quite happy about how the house turned out.

Front view

back view

top, the glass dance flour on the top right is the roof of my basement where the immortal dynasty museum is situated.

floorplan upstairs

floorplan downstairs

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2016, 01:42:35 PM »
p.s. @Heart Foam I used your house as inspiration to build mine :) I already had the colors/wallpaper and roof colors and all that in my former build, but your house inspired me to do a more 'simple' more rectangular design

anything