Author Topic: I'd Really Like To See Your (Dynasty) House Builds  (Read 28337 times)

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
  • Oh the grill indoors will be fine!
Re: I'd Really Like To See Your (Dynasty) House Builds
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2016, 02:10:05 PM »
p.s. @Heart Foam I used your house as inspiration to build mine :) I already had the colors/wallpaper and roof colors and all that in my former build, but your house inspired me to do a more 'simple' more rectangular design

;p Ooooh. You've got a rocket-in-a-bunker. My housie has no basement levels at all. I've been distracted with other saves. I must go back to that family, and I'm duly inspired to do so.
It is a little thing of my own. I call it "Heart Foam". I shall not publish it. Farewell! Patience, Patience, farewell!

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2017, 05:27:07 PM »
That dynasty house of mine got a makeover. Thought I'd share. :) The idea was to have the pool look like part of the whole, not like an afterthought. The rocket is going to be put in the inventory once it's served it's usefulness. It doesn't fit anywhere. There are few small things I've missed and must fix.   

It is a little thing of my own. I call it "Heart Foam". I shall not publish it. Farewell! Patience, Patience, farewell!

Exit Bunthorne.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2017, 06:33:04 PM »
??? You guys have amazing building skills. I don't understand how you do it or even envision those houses to begin with. An oversized shoe box seems to be the extent of my own creativity.
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2017, 04:36:16 AM »
??? You guys have amazing building skills. I don't understand how you do it or even envision those houses to begin with. An oversized shoe box seems to be the extent of my own creativity.

But my house is an oversized shoebox too! There are no crazy shapes here. This house of mine in various forms goes back to late 2014, pre-GTW, and apart from looking like a boarding school it had one concept - the big glass front façade. And pretty much everything else is glitter to distract from the shoebox shape. If you stare at the box long enough you find ways of breaking up massive horizontal slabs. Those lighter shade pillars in the front are a fix to solve the problem we both seem to have. :p

There are some existing dynasty and legacy houses that should be posted here.

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2017, 06:32:24 PM »
And I changed my Dynasty build again. Sometimes I just feel like building and I thought that they had a house that was way too big. Also I wanted to go for something more modern.  At the moment I prefer them to have 'just enough' space. I will add to it when I need to. Quite happy with the result for now :)

On the left is the 'museum', in the middle the main house and on the right the butler's residence with a storage underneath for ambrosia ingredients.

Other side

The kitchen. I really like this area. The adults can cook, chat and watch tv and the child can play in the corner with toys :) 

Where you enter the house

Living room

One of the bedrooms

Bar/swimming pool area on the roof.

The butler's room/house.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2017, 12:10:43 AM »
What a great house, MissZoef! It feels so spacious and the many windows fill the interior with natural sunlight.
All the white also helps makes the already-large rooms seem even larger.

Wow, what a lucky butler! He has quite a large residence and very nicely furnished, too! I hope he's working hard to service your dynasty family, lol.

I've never had any sim households live on this particular lot. Is it difficult to host social events here?
Even at the Bjergsens' home (The Lighthouse), household sims take forever to leave for school or work.

Thanks for sharing!  ;D

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2017, 03:06:21 AM »
What a great house, MissZoef! It feels so spacious and the many windows fill the interior with natural sunlight.
All the white also helps makes the already-large rooms seem even larger.

Wow, what a lucky butler! He has quite a large residence and very nicely furnished, too! I hope he's working hard to service your dynasty family, lol.

I've never had any sim households live on this particular lot. Is it difficult to host social events here?
Even at the Bjergsens' home (The Lighthouse), household sims take forever to leave for school or work.

Thanks for sharing!  ;D

Thank you oshizu!

Social events take a little more time because indeed, the sims take quite a long time to get to the front door. However, when they leave for work /school, the leave at the back of the lot. That is one of the reasons I build it on that side of the lot. To prevent them from taking forever to go there. Because there are always family members around, I haven't had difficulties with social events. I could let family members compleet a few of the tasks while we wait for the guests to show up.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2017, 03:33:46 PM »
Worked on the outside a bit more. I always find it so hard to make it look like a garden or something, but at least now it looks like everything goes together. Quite happy with the result.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2017, 04:29:34 AM »
It all fits together very nicely. I can see a lot of time spent on even the grass textures between the paths. I've not yet built a house on this lot. hmmm And a full half a basketball court. It's one of my favourite things but I usually only have room for the hoop. The fence is a big upgrade over the border hedge. I really like the fence. :)

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2017, 08:13:19 AM »
It all fits together very nicely. I can see a lot of time spent on even the grass textures between the paths. I've not yet built a house on this lot. hmmm And a full half a basketball court. It's one of my favourite things but I usually only have room for the hoop. The fence is a big upgrade over the border hedge. I really like the fence. :)

Thank you. I didn't even use the full lot because it's so big! :o I've spend two full (free) days building this :P but it was a lot of fun and I am more happy with it than my last two dynasty builds  ;D now we wait for the cats and dogs expansion.... haha

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2017, 05:51:34 PM »
Your dynasty build looks like a great place to grow up and skill up, along with that beautiful water view!  I really love the details 8).

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2017, 06:08:31 PM »
Thank you @coolsim9999999

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2020, 04:21:06 AM »
I've occasionally gone back to my abandoned dynasty house. It's so interesting to see older pictures of it. Oh my hat. The old roofline is completely flat. 2016. Those were the days.

I like the sims here, and it's here that I was doing my own version of mousef's plan (I won't presumptuously tag you but you might see this anyway) of having a Sulani elemental have Darrel Charm's child. Instant ancient bloodline + Sulani Mana. And probably a large nose.

That's gen 3, Willow Goth, born way back in 2016 or earlier.

The child of the union between Sulani Elemental and Mr Charm was a boy, instantly aged up to a young gentleman very like his father with a large nose. Willow had a child, gen 4 of the falied dynasty, with that man. Why didn't I stick with this as a proper ID you ask? The lack of fishing spots.

I seldom use pre-made rooms, but that's what I did for the kava party area at the end of the pool.

Things that bother me:

1. it's slab sided on the sides
2. the front is asymmetrical. I'm not sure if I like the left or the right better, probably neither. Instead of having some architectural flair in the middle, it should probably be moved to the corners.
3. the cog in my brain is turning, and I want to put in a long gallery on the 1st floor

My Dynasty of Original Townies Dynasty went missing for a few weeks because this house was happening.

-----

A slightly older pic:

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline Albert12

• Nooboo
« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2020, 03:43:13 AM »
Thanks!

Offline Nikole

• Nooboo
« Reply #44 on: August 07, 2020, 07:02:36 AM »
Hey guys! Me and my boyfriend just created our youtube channel and we upload sims 4 content mostly speed builds. Check it out if you like, we need the support!

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCJzQXMBVOuqFss0qbq5V0CA

anything