Author Topic: I'd Really Like To See Your (Dynasty) House Builds  (Read 28378 times)

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
I'd Really Like To See Your (Dynasty) House Builds
« on: June 16, 2016, 07:55:26 PM »
Hi Guys!

I don't build lot of houses, but I tend to give my Dynasty home a make-over sometimes. Also, since you will be playing with a lot of people in the immortal Dynasty and earn a lot of money, I was wondering what your houses would look like.
Today I finished my make-over of the Dynasty house, I just loooooove the style you get with 'Get Together'. It is by far the biggest house I've ever build. It has 5 bedrooms and around 6 bathrooms. I forgot to take screenshots of the floorplan (it's too big to show everything), but if someone is interested I will make some screenshots of that.
Without further adue: here's my Immortal Dynasty House:

The front:

The back (not entierly finished yet):

A balcony:

the garden:

living space:

dining area:

study:

one of the bedrooms:

one of the bathrooms:

the bar:

I'm very curious to see what you guys have made or what your biggest build is  ;D
The museum for the immortal Dynasty is in the basement.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: I'd Really Like To See Your (Dynasty) House Builds
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2016, 09:34:53 PM »
@MissZoef
What a lovely house!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2016, 03:48:01 PM »
Here's mine:

As I mentioned in my story, it's based on the Von Trapp villa in The Sound of Music. It's my younger daughter's favorite movie right now and we've watched it about a thousand times since last fall when she first discovered it. After about 500 times I started getting really interested in the house and wondered if I could build it.

If you've seen the 50th anniversary documentary on The Sound of Music (which I have, about 1,000 times), you'll know that the exterior and interior of the house are not the same place. The exterior is a music school in Austria, and the interiors are all sound stages in Los Angeles, and they actually don't completely match up. Not something any sane person would notice, but I did have to improvise a bit in building to make it work. :)

I also played a bit fast and loose with the interior. Where the Von Trapps have a ballroom, the Spiffendales have a living room, and we never see the Von Trapp kitchen, so I just made that up. It was a fun house to build, though, and they seem to enjoy living there.

I love the look of the entryway, but deleting the foundation to make a sunken room wreaks havoc with the lighting, and you'll notice the columns don't reach the floor on the second floor. It's a little frustrating, but doesn't bother me too much.

There's an empty space on the left that I have since made into a game room. It took me awhile to afford to furnish the whole house. Building the shell took way too much money, and if I had it to do over again I'd start much smaller.

I also think I'd pick a different lot. I thought 40 x 50 would be plenty of space, but the yard feels pretty cramped, and I have no idea where I'm going to put a rocket ship when the time comes.

Anyway, there's the house. I hope you enjoy it, and thanks for starting this thread!

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2016, 04:46:55 PM »
@FrancescaFiori Oh I absolutely love your house!! I also really like what you did with the garden :)
I never know what to do with it.

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2016, 04:47:43 PM »

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2016, 04:56:44 PM »
A floor plan of my house:

This is the basement with the museum:

the ground floor:

the frist floor:

I've build this not too long ago, so I have quite lot of space left (large rooms). I like to change the look of my house from time to time.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2016, 05:47:09 AM »
Wow, beautiful homes!

@MissZoef There is so much space in your home, understandable since it's a 64x64 lot. I love Tudor homes and that balcony looks like my kind of place to sit and read or just enjoy the view.

@FrancescaFiori I've only seen the Sound of Music once when I was in my early teens so I don't know what the house looks like but you've done an amazing job. Would you want to make the fountain on the left (from the front view) smaller to fit in the rocket or is that still not enough space?
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2016, 05:54:07 PM »
I've been working on my new dynasty house for over a week (slow builder here), I think it's finally done. I liked the idea of the house evolving/changing through time and since the first house (here) was in the style of a Tudor home I've moved far into the future with a Victorianesque build.

Front view. @oshizu Here's the ugly roof I was talking about  :P

Dining room.

Kitchen. The oven will be replaced from time to time when I need the chef station instead.

The living room - it turned out quite nautical, which I love especially during summer.

The art studio. The greyish coloured wallpaper is supposed to be in a shade of pale pink but I have the invisible wall glitch and until that is fixed it stays grey.

The study/game/focused room.

I'm keeping gen 3 a secret still so I don't want to give away clues (which are very obvious by the room decor) so here is gen 3 spare's room. It may change when the Kids Room pack is released.

The pool. It looks just as pretty at night with the candles all glowing.

Yoga, game and chess area. The chess table is moved to the focused room when needed. Also have the weenie roast/camping items, I didn't know what to do with that area otherwise.

The wedding, entertainment and kids playground.

EDIT: Some images were removed as I can only post 10 per post. I'll just have another house tour in my IDC when the time comes.

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2016, 06:08:40 PM »
Oh wauw Nettlejuice your house is stunning! It really inspires me to continue working on the decor of my house.

Thank you guys for sharing :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2016, 07:06:43 PM »
I admire anyone who is able to build with the controls in Sims 4 which I find impossible to use. After struggling with camera angles, building items etc before placing anything down, it just becomes more and more annoying and stressful for me. So I adore all you buildings, especially as anything in sims 4 beyond placing a bush in sims 4 is beyond me.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2016, 07:36:57 PM »
@Nettlejuice
And here I thought it would be hard to outdo your first house! I stand corrected!!!
Love all the attention to detail, like the potted herbs in the kitchen, the lovely rugs, and custom wall coverings.
You seem to be in the 50x50 Oasis Springs lot, which is mind-boggling because you seem to have so much outdoor space on your lot.
Is that because you avoid unnecessarily large rooms and individual bedrooms?

I managed to resist the temptation to look for the Gen3 heir's bedroom then examine it with a magnifying class. (Lol, the thought crossed my mind, briefly).

Fantastic builds, everyone!

On second thought, I thought I'd share a few shots of my completed dynasty's basement floor.  It had a roofless sunken garden.
The windows along one wall of the garden provided natural lighting to the spa area next door.

Here's part of the spa area. The doors on the left lead to a sauna and hot tub.

Massage tables at the entrance to the spa room.

Across a narrow hallway from the spa room, there's a party room surrounded on two sides by the pool.
In retrospect it was too small and too far from the house's front doorr, but was fun to try building anyway.

I have not reached the stage of building houses effectively yet, but I enjoy building rooms.  ;D

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2016, 05:24:09 AM »
@oshizu That looks very nice! I love how you did the basement.
You all inspire me to rebuild parts of my house again :-D such great ideas everyone

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline officialghosts

• Occult
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2016, 03:40:44 PM »
Oh man, these houses are all incredible~ It make me want to play a dynasty just to make one! (Although I'd probably just build a box to keep my game from getting impossibly slow.  ;))

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2016, 03:48:22 PM »
@oshizu I think if I didn't have bedrooms it would be a smaller house or just one level like before, I mainly add the bedroom because it's aesthetically pleasing and I love decorating kids rooms and themed rooms (Gen 3). If you look at the first screenshot you can see the wallpaper, I wasn't too fussed about whiting it out. I also avoid large rooms when I can, though large kitchens are a must have for me. The living room is the largest room and after adding in a fireplace, sofas and TV I wasn't sure what else to have so it's all paintings, more seats and lot and lots of clutter.

I loved seeing your house again, the garden is my favourite still and the party room.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2016, 08:28:07 PM »
This is my current house for the most part.  I've added on so much since the first tour I took some wider shots.  I'm going to end up reducing the house soon enough.

- Front of the house.

- Top Floor being viewed from the backyard

- Ground Floor, Garden, Movie Viewing Area, Pool Area, Yoga Spot, Half the dance floor

- Kid Club Area, Wedding Arch, Young Kids Area, Party Area

- Artie's Photo Studio, Sauna, Gym & Science! room

- Previously never seen Public Bathrooms.  Yay!  Since I don't let people in my house anymore and I have 2-4 clubs running at any moment I had to give people a place to take care of themselves!

- Absolute Bottom level ;  Immortal Museum (red),  Simonis/Aria's love spot (top right), Top Left is the hole left behind by the young Kids Area being up top but that's where it is when I have no children in the house,  Mid Left is the Movie Theatre made especially for Margaret's farewell evening, Bottom Left is where I keep the collections, extra fish that I'm going to have to get rid of soon *sigh*, Bottom Right - This is actually the never before seen Elder jail that is being kept for possible Immortal Jail later.**

** An immortal jail is a set of rooms where you stick people to lead very boring lives.. out of your hair.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'