Author Topic: Droves of Groves: A Life States Dynasty  (Read 8794 times)

Offline peachjam

• Llama Wrangler
Chapter Four: Three Birthdays... and Maybe a Fourth
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2016, 06:10:30 PM »
Chapter Four: Three Birthdays... and Maybe a Fourth

Benjamin is so excited for his birthday!

He gains the Rebellious trait to go along with Disciplined and Eccentric.

Cross-eyed pic of doom:

Here he is looking a little more put together.

Brayden's turn! He also looks thrilled.

He gains Photographer's Eye to go with Brave and Friendly.

He has a pretty simple style.

And last but not least, Bethany:

Apparently, since she didn't learn to walk, Bethany had a "difficult upbringing." Rude. The game picks the Grumpy trait for her to go with Genius and Artistic.

Although if I aged up looking like that, I'd be Grumpy too.

Post-makeover:

I think she looks pretty cute, although the jaw continues to be a presence. Here she is in her formal wear, because it's just so cute:

The kids aged up pretty late on a Sunday, so they go off to bed right away. The next morning it's the first day of school.

Benjamin looks suspicious, Brayden looks dejected, and Bethany looks bored out of her mind. Well, we're off to a great start.

School is uneventful-- all three kids work hard to get their grades up. For some reason, the bus doesn't come to take them home, so they get some practice riding their brooms.

I love the little training wheels. They're so cute.

Back home, Mason tutors Benjamin and Bethany to give them a head start.

Of course, Bethany's a Genius, and Absent-Minded Mason looks like he's having some trouble keeping up with her.

Meanwhile...

Yes, now that the triplets are children, Mason and Annette have been Trying for Baby once again. Well, they both wished for it pretty much immediately, and I want some fairyboos, darn it!

Of course, they both still have that Fertility Treatment. I may come to regret this.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
Re: Droves of Groves: A Life States Dynasty
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2016, 06:05:00 AM »
Oh, are you going to have a full house so early on? But I hope you get a fairyboo this time. Aw, Brayden's face while he's sitting in the school bus, it reminds me of myself as a child!
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline peachjam

• Llama Wrangler
Chapter Five: Triplets 2.0
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2016, 02:40:59 PM »
Chapter Five: Triplets 2.0

Annette's second pregnancy goes well, with lots of love from Mason and her children.

Finally, as Brayden rounds up his siblings to go trick-or-treating on Spooky Day, the baby at last arrives.

Did I say "baby"? Not with Fertility Treatment!

In order, we have: Brielle, a Grumpy Virtuoso fairy; Bella, a Disciplined and Friendly fairy; and Bailey, a Genius and Loner witch. (I do love how they each rolled at least one of the traits of their older siblings.)

With the house now full, poor Annette gets very little sleep.

The older kids continue to work on their homework, develop their skills, and, of course, play.

Brayden has that exact same Rockin' Rider in his room, but he always autonomously goes for the one in his little sisters' room. It's kind of sweet.

Unfortunately, no matter how much they play with them, the kids' Imaginary Friends just won't come to life. I do appreciate this pose, though.

I guess we'll just have to wait for a later generation on that score.

By the end of the week, all three children are on the Honor Roll, and though at first it seems as though Brayden will be the only one to complete an Opportunity (seriously-- he got four in as many days, while the other two got none!), on Friday Bethany cleans the bug cage at school and on Saturday Benjamin goes hunting for metals. He makes sure to pick up a few extra, too, so that they can all start working on their Alchemy skill as teens.

But first, a few other birthdays need to happen. Mainly because I'm already sick of the girls being babies.

And so:

Brielle,

Bella,

and Bailey.

And finally, because even three tattoos can't put it off forever,

Mason.

Awww, looking dapper as ever.

And just for fun, here's Mason (before the age-up) playing fetch with his werewolf sister, Susie.

Next time: teens! While I pray fervently to the Sim gods for decent traits.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2016, 02:48:18 PM »
You got a full house after all, lol. Those traits aren't half bad. I wonder how you will decide who the heir will be.

Offline peachjam

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2016, 02:52:17 PM »
You got a full house after all, lol. Those traits aren't half bad. I wonder how you will decide who the heir will be.

Lol, I certainly did! I was prepared for twins, but I didn't actually think I'd get another set of triplets. Oops.

Still not sure on the heir! I guess we'll see what traits they all get as they age up to teen. I've been so lucky so far, I'm kind of dreading my luck running out. Watch them all get Evil, or Absent-Minded like their father (my LEAST favorite).

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2016, 11:01:26 AM »
Yay!  Guest appearance by Susie!  I just adore her more and more each time I play.
Anyway, another lovely update.  I had actually wondered if you were trying to go for the IF made real as the spouse for this generation, but I suppose a full house makes that less likely, at least, and I heard no plans for anyone to master logic and hence make the IF potion.  Probably a good plan if you're hoping to get more townie genetics into the line.
Brille's likely going to be a knockout!  Little blue-eyed blondie with the earpoints and great genetics?  Yeah.
Heir-wise, you know I'm still team Bethany!

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2016, 11:48:40 AM »
Bethany's coloring is amazing, but what won me over was the look on her face in the school bus.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline peachjam

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2016, 10:46:57 AM »
Yay!  Guest appearance by Susie!  I just adore her more and more each time I play.
Anyway, another lovely update.  I had actually wondered if you were trying to go for the IF made real as the spouse for this generation, but I suppose a full house makes that less likely, at least, and I heard no plans for anyone to master logic and hence make the IF potion.  Probably a good plan if you're hoping to get more townie genetics into the line.
Brille's likely going to be a knockout!  Little blue-eyed blondie with the earpoints and great genetics?  Yeah.
Heir-wise, you know I'm still team Bethany!

I put that in just for you! Here's another shot of her from when Mason ran into her at the library:

Looks like she's stuck in werewolf form, so at least she'll be around for a while!

I was actually going to do the IF, but since none of the kids really bonded with theirs I had to change that plan. I'm not sure why, they spent plenty of time with them. *shrug*

And yes, Brielle is gorgeous. Wait until you see her as a teen!

Bethany's coloring is amazing, but what won me over was the look on her face in the school bus.

Lol, that cracked me up too. Bethany does not let me forget that Genius trait. She's always going off to play chess and do her homework even when I don't direct her to.

Offline peachjam

• Llama Wrangler
Chapter Six: Treble Troubled Teens
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2016, 11:31:45 AM »
Chapter Six: Treble Troubled Teens

Before the kids age up to teen, they spend a little time with their family.

Whether they like it or not.

And then... are you sick of birthdays yet? Me too! Let's have some more!

Benjamin rolls Snob. I'm not sure how that tallies with Rebellious; I think my mind just went straight to "hipster" and stayed there.

Brayden continues to make the best faces.

He rolls Easily Impressed, remaining the sweetheart of the family.

Even Bethany gets excited sometimes:

Well, she tries.

She rolls Socially Awkward, which, yeah, I can see it.

I had A LOT of fun putting her outfit together.

The teens spend some time getting to know their little sisters, especially Friendly Brayden.

Bethany and Bailey, who share the Genius trait, bond right away.

The teens also begin work on their skills. Bethany heads straight to the alchemy station.

Brayden settles on the cooking channel.

While Rebellious Benjamin...

... gets in trouble.

A lot.

Next time: Romance! Snowball fights! Probably a toddler montage! NO BIRTHDAYS!

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2016, 12:08:51 PM »
Yay Bethany!!!  The cheek pinch shot was glorious!
I like the idea of Bailey growing up to be Robin to Bethany's Batman.  I think that would work out just fine  :=)

Offline peachjam

• Llama Wrangler
Chapter Seven: Choosing an Heir (and Toddler Montage)
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2016, 04:03:15 PM »
Chapter Seven: Choosing an Heir (and Toddler Montage)

Now that all of our potential heirs are teens, let's have a vote!

Just kidding. It's Bethany. We all know the heir is Bethany.

Here she is being adorable on a broomstick.

Here she is making her first-ever snowman, which OF COURSE is Grim. Of course it is.

Here she is chatting with her brothers.

Which quickly devolves into a snowball fight.

And here she is giving her mom a hug. Awwww.

And now, as promised (or threatened): a toddler montage!

Even though she's a Virtuoso, Brielle always goes straight for the peg box.

Bailey LOVES her alligator toy.

Oh no, where'd it go? (I'd never noticed witchboos could do this. I guess I kept my other three too busy on the peg box and xylophone.)

Yay, it came back!

Brielle is very excited about walking.

And breaking hearts.

Bella learns how to get ahead.

While Bailey is just not interested in athletics.

I enjoy that this picture features Bailey talking about science, Brielle rolling her eyes at her, and Bella ignoring both of them. Their dynamics in a nutshell, right there.

Next time: romance! (It woud be this time, but I'm basically at my picture limit, soooo.)

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2016, 01:16:59 PM »
Aw, so adorable! More toddler spam please! Hooray for Bethany, though I do think any one of them could be an awesome heir.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2016, 11:57:27 PM »
Such adorable kiddos!  Glad to see you're enjoying the family so much  :=)  I got through five generations of a life states dynasty attempt before a foolish error on my part ruined things, but the part I loved so much was the dynamics of the family and all those generations together under one roof  :=)

Offline peachjam

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2016, 01:53:06 PM »
Thanks all! Toddlers are my favorite. :D Trust me, there will be PLENTY of toddler spam to come, lol.

I'm actually way behind in posting on here, so I'm probably going to do a couple updates in a row to try to catch up. So... incoming!

anything