Author Topic: Cloning Around  (Read 24726 times)

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
Re: Cloning Around
« Reply #60 on: July 26, 2016, 05:24:31 PM »
@Nutella yeah, that was my time and age. Thanks for the recalculation ;-D it's nice to know I broke away from 50K ;-D

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #61 on: July 27, 2016, 04:31:55 PM »
Doctor B. Horrible finally kicked the last clone/clown combo out on the 2nd Friday @ 8:22 pm for a total of 18022 minutes. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #62 on: July 28, 2016, 02:31:21 PM »
Ugh. I feel bad, but I will not be able to post a score for this one. Sorry guys. It's my first event this year that I will not be throwing down a score, so I guess I should not feel too bad. I have been doing a lot of testing on the PTR of Diablo III for the upcoming season. I also recently discovered Grim Dawn which is pretty fun. I am all over Baby Boomer though. Looking forward to that. Good luck to everyone finishing up. :)

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #63 on: July 28, 2016, 03:41:20 PM »
Just home from a work trip in prague i managed to pull a speedy score, 18.299 minutes

Offline thekatie0409

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #64 on: July 28, 2016, 11:48:16 PM »
My sim finished in 21674 minutes

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #65 on: July 29, 2016, 06:32:16 AM »
This event is now closed. Great job to Nutella for another solid victory. Congrats to all competitors. Everyone is now free to share strategy.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #66 on: July 29, 2016, 07:36:16 AM »
Traits: Evil, Genius, Family Oriented

SUMMARY:

Sunday (week 1) – “Connections”
Tuesday (week 1) – Promoted to Scientist 5
Thursday (week 1) – Promoted to Scientist 6
Saturday (week 1) – “Never Weary”
Saturday  (week 1) – “Entrepreneurial”
Sunday (week 2) – “Steel Bladder”
Monday (week 2) – Promoted to Scientist 7
Thursday (week 2) – Promoted to Scientist 8
Friday (week 2) – Finished @ 10:39am

TIPS & TRICKS:

#1 –CONNECTIONS.  This reward trait allows you to join a career starting at level 4 instead of level 1.

#2 – SOULMATE ASPIRATION.  In order to get 3000 points fast on the first day, work on soulmate. This is also good for moodlet, since you have a spouse you can renew wedding vows for the +3 happy moodlet.

#3 – DO NOT JOIN YOUR SIM AT WORK.  This means no going to the Science Lab.  Why?  I found that sending your sim to work alone, use work hard while very focused nets a bigger career performance improvement.  Even if you perform all the daily task in Science Lab, your performance will not compared to sending your sim to work alone.

#4 – VERY FOCUSED.  If your sim maintains very focused and work hard, you can get promoted in 2 days (except level 7).  If you just send your sim to work with focused (not very focused), you probably won’t get promoted in 2 days. 

#5 – MOODLETS & TIMING.  Important to maintain very focused as much as possible during the 9 hours at work. I used renewed vows (+3), deep massage (+1), citrus soaked (+2), and mind concentrating yoga (+2).  Yoga moodlet last only 8 hours, so I timed myself to have my sim complete the yoga right when I need to go to work.  The last hour (9th hour) at work will not have the yoga +2 moodlet, but that was good enough for me to get promoted in 2 days.

#6 – INVENTION CONSTRUCTOR.   Did you know you can buy it from buy mode? In the weekend where I don’t have to go work, I have my sim go around making friends  collecting DNA samples and also collect 2 common metals and 2 common crystals.  Already have scientist level 5, so bought the constructor and make the cloning machine at home.  Same with upgrading, once I reached level 8, upgrade the cloning machine using the constructor at home.

#7 – FAMILY ORIENTED.  This trait allows me to make friends fast.  Helps in getting your spouse to BFF status, and also helps when collecting DNA sample.  Don’t overlook this trait during choosing your target cloning premade.  I chose Katrina Caliente, Geoffrey Landgraab, Bella Goth, and Clara Bjergsen because all 4 of them have family oriented trait.  Your clone will come out with that trait and will be able to befriend tragic clown and their original townie to BFF fast.  Vivian Lewis is another townie with family oriented trait, however she dies really fast and I don’t know how to invite a ghost over for cloning, so she is not a clone candidate.

#8 – INCREDIBLY FRIENDLY.  This trait is for my other 4 clones that does not have family oriented trait.  Whenever I have free time, I have my sim create serum for money. I start cloning the family oriented trait sims first, have them move in clown which adds $20,000 to household funds.  By the time I reached clone #5 I have enough $$ to have the clone complete partial Mansion Baron and Fabulously Wealthy to get 2000 points instantly.  Use that to buy the friendly reward then summon clown and chat away.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #67 on: July 29, 2016, 10:11:10 AM »
Although I came in fourth, I will share a few of my tips anyway.

#1: Essence of Focused: On Sunday, I fished up a cow berry which flowered on Week 1: Thursday. Though my sim didn't start working until Tuesday, he still reached Level 8 Scientist by
      Week 2: Thur, thanks to the Essence of Focused's contribution to his Very Focused mood. Never practiced yoga after gaining Essence of Focused.
      He started work on Tuesday (for Connections and Entrepreneurial traits), then earned 4 promotions in 2 days each.

#2: Aromatherapy Massage & Renewal of Vows: Married the massage therapist. She came with the Klepto trait so I locked up the non-bedroom part of house.
      Thankfully, she never stole the Tragic Clone Clown Painting or the cloning machines, which I moved outside for Phase 2 of the challenge.

#3: Home Science Lab: Bought the invention constructor, analyzer, and chem lab. At Level 7 Scientist, made the Needs Fixer and never had to deal with needs again.

#4: Traits: Though I also later bought Incredibly Friendly, my sim came with Outgoing instead of Family Oriented. All the sims chosen for cloning also had the Outgoing trait.
      If this challenge had been an experiment to test Family Oriented versus Outgoing, it would have proven that Family Oriented works faster.

#5: Clown no more: Once you move in a clown and change it to another outfit, it loses its Tragic Clown status. This move allows you to summon another Tragic Clown to the lot.
      My sim had collected all 8 DNA samples over the weekend (Days 7-8).

Genius move to enable each clone to buy the Incredibly Friendly aspiration, @Nutella!

This has been the most fun challenge this year, because the challenge consisted of different phases which required different skills and strategies, rather than requiring us to do the same activity throughout the entire challenge.
Thank you, Tournament Challenge Team, for a brilliant challenge and engaging tournament overall!

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #68 on: July 29, 2016, 01:41:21 PM »
Thank you oshizu.  It's nice to know the Essence of Focused allows level 7-8 be promoted in 2 days, I was like a fraction short of getting promoted on Wednesday, probably due to the Yoga buff not lasting the whole 9 working hours.

I did test outgoing vs family oriented, family oriented wins hands down.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Cloning Around
« Reply #69 on: July 29, 2016, 01:58:11 PM »
I have to say I had a lot of fun with this one myself.  I did a lot of testing but in the end I went with having my Sim start with the Materialistic trait and an empty lot.  Between wishes for a pool, other essential items, Soulmate aspiration and having only met his spouse, I had Connections & Carefree by Monday at noon.  Joined all 13 careers for the cash and built my bachelor pad with a single Cordelia bed so he only needed like 6 hours of sleep at most, usually less. From there it was 2 day promotions with the weekend used to get 9 DNA samples and sim Ray to get Cordelia beds for cash boosts.  Yes 9 as a just in case someone didn't show up when asked/invited to party, which happened. 

I never did find a fast way to get my clones incredibly friendly but once I was promoted on Thursday there was no time.  I invited over 6 Sims to a party and cloned them all right there.  My scientist handed out need fixers like they were candy and the others went to work.  The slow down was the tragic clown because I forgot to get started early with a Sim but still took me about 24 hours to finish the entire stage of move outs. 

For my very focused buff, I did renewed vows, citrus soak with incense, lavender massage with incense, yoga with incense. Once I had the cow plant, I skipped yoga and had my Sim drink essence of focus and essence of happiness every morning for breakfast. 

The rewards I ended up getting were connections, carefree, entrepreneurial, incredibly friendly and steel bladder.  Beyond that the serums took care of all needs (most of the time). 

In testing I got a lot of evil clones that killed having the outgoing trait but my final game only had 2, the last pair and I found that having clones with shared traits, especially outgoing made for easy times but it never occurred to me on the family oriented thing.  Good to know for later.

Congrats to Nutella for the win :)

Edit to add:  Also the 8 breakthroughs seemed daunting but I did find that just repeating thoughtful shower over and over was the fastest way to get it done.  I managed all 8 in one testing within a 4.5 hour period.  In the actual file, he got one off fishing and then hit the showers.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #70 on: July 29, 2016, 02:08:28 PM »
When you are cloning, make sure your scientist needs are all in green and also be in very focused mood.  This way there is less chance the cloned sim come out bad/evil.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #71 on: July 29, 2016, 02:43:28 PM »
When you are cloning, make sure your scientist needs are all in green and also be in very focused mood.  This way there is less chance the cloned sim come out bad/evil.
@Nutella
I didn't realize that one could influence the birth of "bad" clones. In my practice file, my first three clones were both evil and mean! Now I understand why.
Fortunately, I had better luck in my scoring file.

@Ricalynn
The party is such a smart way to gather all your to-be-cloned sims at once! I ended up noting their work schedules during the practice run, then using "invite to current lot" according to their work days. 24 hours--that was really fast work in the final stage!

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #72 on: July 31, 2016, 04:03:40 AM »
So, I erred by going to work with my scientist, obviously lol the promotions after level 4 took 3 days each. I did use my time to befriend a bunch of people and get their DNA. I keep forgetting about the "Connections" reward trait. I only had 1 clone turn out evil (Bjorn Bjorgssen with a black beard is interesting to say the least lol) and getting the clones to BFF with "themselves" was actually the easy part, I think it only took me about 2 or 3 days to move out my clones and clowns.

@oshizu you don't have to actually change the outfit of the TC, every time I moved one in they automatically lost their TC status and I was able to bring another to the lot. I did note that having 2 clones try to summon a clone at the same time wasn't a good idea because I didn't know who the clown "belonged to" until it went to go talk to the summoner. I've never really played with TC's before, so I didn't know it was a strict 1 only thing. I did mess up at one stage and accidentally clone Sergio Romeo twice, and I made both clones summon clowns and beffiend Sergio, since choosing only 1 seemed a bit cheaty to me. So I guess, technically I made 9 clones and clowns lol but I left them til last to move out so they had a bit more time to get to BFF. 6 of my 8 townies were from Windenberg (which is where my Scientist lived) and the other 2 were from Willow Creek. If I'm not mistaken, my townies were: Alice SK, Candy Behr, Sergio Romeo, Marcus Flex, Bjorn, Liberty Lee, Ulrike Faust and Dom Fyres. Marcus was one of my colleagues at work so I befriended him there, and originally Dennis Kim was going to be another, but, I wasn't sure whether he was going to survive that long, so I invited myself over to his place and befriended Alice instead. All I can say is Thank the Gods for cloudgazing and stargazing, I just spammed that with my chosen donor until we both were on the verge of peeing ourselves and/or passing out lol I took the same approach with the clones and clowns. I love reading Nutella's tips as there are always things I either didn't know, or completely forgot about.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

anything