Author Topic: All I want is a separate room, no foundation!  (Read 5122 times)

Offline wfgodot

• ello beastie
  • Occult
All I want is a separate room, no foundation!
« on: May 08, 2016, 08:00:14 PM »
Is it even possible to build a room that doesn't have foundation if the rest of the house does?  When I use the wall tool the foundation automatically comes up.

I built my sims a little outdoor sauna.  Of course, they can't use it unless it's indoors.  So I was going to pull something out of my sleeve, do a little something with columns and spandrels, but this foundation keeps ruining everything.

I think it's awesome, I'd want this in my backyard... so it stays, even if only for decoration.  It'd be nice if I could make it useful, though.

Add "maice" on Origin.
Behren Blog

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
Re: All I want is a separate room, no foundation!
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2016, 08:13:31 PM »
Unfortunately in the Sims 4 all rooms are either on a foundation or sit on the ground. That's been one of my complaints from day 1.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline wfgodot

• ello beastie
  • Occult
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2016, 08:15:23 PM »
Unfortunately in the Sims 4 all rooms are either on a foundation or sit on the ground. That's been one of my complaints from day 1.

Thanks... hmm, I didn't really have any complaints about sims 4 before, but I guess I do now! 
Add "maice" on Origin.
Behren Blog

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2016, 04:30:28 PM »
I'm confused? So you're saying that if you try to use the columns and (what did you call them?) Spandrils (?) That they don't make the sauna look like the one in your image? I've made a front deck/landing with columns and those spandy things for my legacy and it worked quite well. Granted, I added the foundation AFTER I had already made the entrance (if you check The Parisshian Legacy, you should see a pic of the pre-foundation entrance/deck/landing)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*