Author Topic: The Apocalypse Challenge Support Thread  (Read 186266 times)

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
Re: The Apocalypse Challenge Support Thread
« Reply #180 on: January 14, 2017, 10:22:35 PM »
I'm tearing my hair out trying to find a place to fit a toddler bed now since I haven't cleared bodybuilder or secret agent villain yet and every inch of my apocalypse house is crammed tight with stuff! :P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
« Reply #181 on: January 15, 2017, 01:18:11 AM »
I messaged Mystic about locking the bathtub but I haven't received a reply yet. Probably in the morning sometime. 

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline commasplice

• Occult
« Reply #182 on: January 15, 2017, 09:22:24 AM »
The problem with locking the bathtub is space. As in I have the room for one in my planned apocalypse house, but not without losing a bathroom. Also, toddler beds? Again, I have a limited amount of room and even though I haven't started the second one yet, space is always at a premium for this challenge.

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
« Reply #183 on: January 15, 2017, 02:56:28 PM »
I suspect that a 1-off change of layout would be allowed to accommodate the new stuff, in the same way that you are allowed a 1-off move of a bassinett if the game puts it in an unhelpful place.  Would be interested to know if pinstar or imaginingmystic comment on it though.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #184 on: January 15, 2017, 03:19:22 PM »
I really sympathize with those of you with ongoing Apocalypse Challenges. I've been thinking about what I'd do in your situation.
My solution is based on the fact that toddlers were sprung on you, preventing you from planning for them and all their accoutrements in advance.

I would simply remove the kiddy beds and place toddler beds in their exact same place. Then, I'd replace the bassinets with the kiddy beds.
Once the toddlers move to kiddy beds, I'd again replace the toddler beds with bassinets. I'd probably rinse and repeat while giving top priority to the Bodybuilder unlock.

Just two cents from someone who can afford to offer an irresponsible solution, hehe.

I'm excited about a newly revised WCC and might do one for points next.

Offline JudesSims

• Watcher
« Reply #185 on: January 15, 2017, 03:28:24 PM »
To tell the truth, I'm afraid to play mine...lol   Fawn has a child and I was planning on at least one more. If she does have another one, what happens when it becomes a toddler with child care. Someone will have to quit their job. Maybe I'll just wait until the next generation for another baby because... 7 days added on....What to do, what to do...lol. Mystic told me she's going to talk to Pinstar about the bathtub because she doesn't play the AC herself.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #186 on: January 15, 2017, 03:36:10 PM »
Hire a nanny but prioritize the unlocking of the teen career Manual Labor (which unlocks the hiring of NPCs)?

Personally (even though I'm not playing an AC now), I think you can cut yourself some slack because of the unexpected arrival of toddlers.
Maybe AC players on this forum could agree to the same allowances?
Haha, I should shut my mouth since I'm not really affected, but I do think AC players should work together to find viable workarounds while striving to unlock the relevant careers.

Toddlers have rendered existing AC rules unplayable without temporary allowances, imho.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline JudesSims

• Watcher
« Reply #187 on: January 15, 2017, 03:41:53 PM »
I think you're right, @oshizu. I think I'll put mine on hold since I haven't posted it on my blog until we come up with a solution.

Offline JudesSims

• Watcher
« Reply #188 on: January 15, 2017, 04:06:31 PM »
It might be a good time to restart my Struggle Challenge.

Offline commasplice

• Occult
« Reply #189 on: January 15, 2017, 05:55:43 PM »
@oshizu yeah, I think that's probably the way to handle the toddler beds. With the tub, maybe...how does this sound? Tub is kept in inventory for the sole purposes of bathing the toddler. It comes out to give them a bath and goes back in the minute that's done? Unless...I wonder if the social worker comes if the toddler is dirty?

Offline Caterina

• Occult
« Reply #190 on: January 15, 2017, 09:14:17 PM »
How many days long is the toddler age?  Has anyone tested how long toddlers can go without a bath?  The Apocalypse Challenge is supposed to be hard at the beginning.  That's what makes is a great challenge.  That being said.  I think the player should tailor or tweek the rules as necessary to keep the challenge enjoyable.  I may have to try another Wonder Child/Apocalypse Challenge now that we have toddlers.

Offline JudesSims

• Watcher
« Reply #191 on: January 15, 2017, 09:14:58 PM »
Toddlers are toddlers for 7 days.

Offline commasplice

• Occult
« Reply #192 on: January 18, 2017, 09:42:32 AM »
How many days long is the toddler age?  Has anyone tested how long toddlers can go without a bath?  The Apocalypse Challenge is supposed to be hard at the beginning.  That's what makes is a great challenge.  That being said.  I think the player should tailor or tweek the rules as necessary to keep the challenge enjoyable.  I may have to try another Wonder Child/Apocalypse Challenge now that we have toddlers.

I have a family I'm not that invested in. I think I'll have them adopt a toddler and see how long the toddler can go without a bath. Actually it would be good to see what is necessary for a toddler in general.

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #193 on: April 10, 2017, 10:59:27 PM »
Hi Guys, has anyone heard any updates in regards to toddlers? Or have any advice if they decided to go ahead with any of the above suggestions? Just doing an AC now (as well as a Rival Dynasty.. what am I thinking?? hehe) and thought I would check to see if anything has been decided.. nothing on the Pinstar Website so this is my next best option!  ;D

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
« Reply #194 on: April 11, 2017, 09:02:06 AM »
Toddlers are hard but doable in the AC. You can buy their furniture and toys because they have no environment score.  They can eat a plate of whatever the adults have made so food is not an issue. Pinstar said that we should use the existing restrictions as a guide when working out how to use new content, so for me that means the Wabbit Tablet should probably be restricted until you've cleared Tech Guru - eSport Gamer which gives you access to electronic devices.  The main issue is hygine because it needs a bathtub which is resticted until Writer - Journalist is cleared.