Author Topic: The Apocalypse Challenge Support Thread  (Read 186269 times)

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
Re: The Apocalypse Challenge Support Thread
« Reply #135 on: August 20, 2016, 03:17:23 PM »
I would also categorize it under e-sport gaming. And, just put it away until later when it's cleared.

Offline Caterina

• Occult
« Reply #136 on: August 20, 2016, 03:26:07 PM »
I agree.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #137 on: August 21, 2016, 02:02:13 AM »
Thank you so much guys! 😊

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #138 on: September 07, 2016, 12:34:40 PM »
This morning I had the thought that my Apocalypse Challenge actually ran on a false premise.

From the time my Gen2 firstborn cleared the Journalism career, I began using the bath soaks + incense as well as the thoughtful showers for career-related promotion boosts.
At the time, I'd just considered them different from those described under the Astronaut/Space Ranger restriction:
You may not enable the mood auras on any mood aura objects.

I thought bath soaks, incense burners, and showers differed because they had no "enable/disable mood" switch. Now I'm wondering if that's just semantics.

Anyway, even if I'd played most of my Apocalypse Challenge under a rule violation, I still enjoyed the heck out of it. Not sure I would play it again, though. Maybe in the far future.
I'm thinking I should put a disclaimer somewhere in my story, though.

Thanks for reading.

Offline Caterina

• Occult
« Reply #139 on: September 07, 2016, 07:12:52 PM »
So are you saying that taking a thoughtful shower or a brisk shower is using a mood item or whatever the wording is?  That's an interesting thought.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #140 on: September 07, 2016, 09:47:27 PM »
So are you saying that taking a thoughtful shower or a brisk shower is using a mood item or whatever the wording is?  That's an interesting thought.

@Caterina
Thanks for replying. I don't know how baths/showers/incense burners fit because they aren't enabled/disabled.
I woke up this morning wondering if I should have restricted them under Astronaut/Space Ranger, though, so your opinion would also be appreciated. :)

Offline Caterina

• Occult
« Reply #141 on: September 07, 2016, 10:53:17 PM »
I think you could interpret it either way.  Technically, showers are not enabled/disabled so the rules would not exclude them.  However, I wonder if the intent is to not be able to benefit from mood changing or enhancing objects.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Mack

• Llama Wrangler
  • Don't fret, or you will miss the fun.
« Reply #142 on: September 08, 2016, 12:26:17 PM »
Oshizu

I read it this way:  IF you must click on an object and you have the option to enable this object, then it is "forbidden" until you lift Astronaut/Space Ranger career. When you click on a shower there is no option to enable anything.

I do not think Pintar's intended we go through every minutes of this challenge with your Sims' needs in the red 75-90% of the time. I believe its meant  to be very difficult at the beginning, working our way to a normal life then a fantastic life for your Sims. To progress, along the way, there must be rewards to ease and improve your Sims life at home and at work. There are many restrictions (some straight forward, some vague) but there are also a lot of what you could called loopholes or read what's not restricted.

Also it is how hard you want to play this challenge. I personally decided to play this challenge with objects from the Base Game and Outdoor Retreat only. So Oshizu, I say, if I had a shower in the house, I would use all the options.

Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift; that's why it's called a present.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #143 on: September 08, 2016, 01:13:52 PM »
I agree with Mack, and that's how I've been playing mine. I think thoughtful showers and baths with soaks are part of the reward for clearing the Journalist career.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
« Reply #144 on: September 11, 2016, 06:45:35 PM »
Collective wisdom needed please :D. Is there anything against using a book of life to resurrect a dead sim?  I can't find anything in Pinstars rules but I'm wondering if I've missed something. 

Background, Marcus Flex is level 8 bodybuilder but has just had his 1st notice from Grim.  If I bring him back, will he even have enough time to regain his lost promotions and max the career? Or should I count him as failed and move on?

Arrgh, so hard to decide what to do, please help.

Offline Caterina

• Occult
« Reply #145 on: September 11, 2016, 07:13:08 PM »
In my minimal experience, a revived sim may last one or two days longer.  I would count him as failed and move on.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #146 on: September 11, 2016, 09:28:21 PM »
@HelenP

I found the following response by Pinstar to another simmer's inquiry about the Book of Life here: http://www.simslegacychallenge.com/sims-4-apocalypse-challenge-rules/
Pinstar Legacy
April 16, 2015 at 9:15 am   (UTC -4) Link to this comment
There is nothing really locking down life-extending things in this challenge, mainly because you can only lift one restriction per sim, no matter how long they live.

So it seems okay to resurrect Marcus, although I had a non-Active sim who'd completed Bodybuilder who lived 20 days past his second notice.

@Caterina
When previously bound to a living sim, a Book of Life can be used to summon that sim's ghost. Then, that ghost can be resurrected by reading his own Book of Life.
Hehe, I didn't actually know this before. I just went and read it on one of Carl's guides.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #147 on: September 11, 2016, 09:54:07 PM »
@Caterina @Mack @FrancescaFiori

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the bath soaks and showers issue.
I didn't want to leave my challenge as [Completed] if I'd somehow misinterpreted the rules for my own convenience.
Thanks for agreeing my read of the Space Ranger rule.  ;D

Eventually, I will add a section to one of the starting posts, explaining how I'd interpreted Pinstar's rules, like allowing meditation stools from the start but classifying massage tables and yoga mats under Bodybuilder.
Since the rules haven't been updated since forever, we have a lot of leeway in interpretation, but I just want to be clear.
So, thanks!

Offline Caterina

• Occult
« Reply #148 on: September 12, 2016, 01:12:24 AM »
I apologize.  I believe I have given wrong information.  I was answering the question based on resurrection by "pleading" not by resurrection by "the book of life".  I do not have answer for that.  It may depend on the method of returning to life after being a ghost.

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
« Reply #149 on: September 12, 2016, 05:50:35 AM »
Thanks for all your replies, I think I will do a test in a separate file, kill him off and resurrect him to see how long he gets and where he re-enters the athlete career.  At least I won't break any rules if I do resurrect him.  Unfortunately his aspiration is friend of the world not bodybuilder so he doesn't have long-lived.