Author Topic: Rotational Play, is it good?  (Read 9465 times)

Offline nikolaicollado

• Nooboo
Rotational Play, is it good?
« on: April 30, 2016, 11:51:46 PM »
Okay.. So I have a family that currently lives  in windenburg at 64x64 lot. So im just wondering if rotational play is good, any problem encountered guys? Well, I want to try it cause im bored at only playing only 1 household. But I think it's fun because I already have 7 household members. in short, im playing 2 families in 1 big household which is kind of awkward cause 2 families in 1 household? haha..
you see, I have here my first family which is the parents and the 2 brothers/sisters.. nikolai and melissa.. So nikolai is married so her wife is at my 64x64 lot and recently, melissa also got married to alexander goth and I think it's ugly to live a guy in a womans house haha. also 2 families in 1 household.. Any ideas? Thanks

Offline Anks

• Nooboo
Re: Rotational Play, is it good?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2016, 07:39:59 PM »
I play rotationally all the time, it's a lot of fun. But I turn aging off for every household exept my active one. If not, weird things will happen to your other families.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2016, 10:27:52 PM »
Hi nikolaicollado, welcome to the forum.

I don't play rotationally very often but I enjoy it when I do. Sometimes when you are rotated away from a household the game will assign those sims some random romantic relationships, usually lovebird status' even if your sims are married. So that's a bit awkward. Often you sim hasn't even actually met the randomly assigned lovebird so it's not like your sim is actually 'cheating' but it can be a bit of a downer if you aren't expecting it.

The best way to reduce those 'lovebird' relationships is for your sim to do the mean interaction 'give cold shoulder'. It reduces the romantic relationship greatly while not really damaging the friendship level and if your sim apologizes in between each 'cold shoulder' then the friendship level is easily maintained.  Once I have reduced the romantic bar to nothing I then just have my sim use some normal friendly interactions and then leave once the conversation tone is back to 'pleasant'.

I also quite like watching the 'give cold shoulder' interaction... lol, it's pretty funny to watch your sims face.  ;)

Guide on Rotational Play
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline nikolaicollado

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2016, 04:13:58 AM »
Ok.. Thanks for the both of you. Im currently building a house in winderburg for my other family. But my problem now is that what if my unplayed household become pregnant which is I dont want to make that happen without my permission. I dont want to have them triplets without me knowing.  Is there any mod for that? any ideas?

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2016, 05:03:01 AM »
An unplayed household can not actually progress in any way at all, include having nooboos as there is no story progression in the game at all. So a household you are rotated away from will be exactly as you left them when you get back to them. They won't have progressed in their careers and usually not in their skills unless it is something like fitness and cooking and your controlled sims have been on the same lot as them, such as a park, while they were cooking, or the gym when they were working out. Even then the skill gain will be minimal.

There are mods that put in a story progression. 'MC Commander' by Deaderpool I think does that but I don't know any details as I don't really use mods.

Offline nikolaicollado

• Nooboo
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2016, 06:27:58 AM »
yes, but some people said that they have trouble with their other played households. it's like when they get back to their original household, they just shock cause there is already a baby crib there with some random name.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2016, 07:27:13 AM »
If you have not tried for baby before you leave that family to play another one then that can not happen. Those other people probably were using mods. There is no story progression in The Sims 4... sims can not get pregnant unless they are directed to by the player.  :)

If you have been reading posts on the official USA forum, for example, a lot of people there post about game problems but when you ask them if they are using mods mostly the answer is yes. I think sometimes people forget that MC Command Center is a mod... and so therefor changes the game dramatically.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2016, 12:53:18 PM »
If you leave a pregnant sim to play another household, the baby may be born before you return. If you leave a bassinet, you'll find the baby in the bassinet that you left. If your pregnant sim has twins, there will be another bassinet somewhere in the house. You'll be able to change the names that they were given when they become children -- just click on the name in CAS.

Your sims don't really exist while you're not playing them, unless you happen to see them in the park or on some other community lot you go to. So you don't need to worry about the baby being taken care of or whether the bassinet is blocking the refrigerator.

When you return to a household, you'll find all the sims from the household standing in front, probably needing to use the bathroom. I try to return in the middle of the night, so as not to make my sims late for work. However sims in the culinary, criminal, and entertainer positions do sometimes work then, so you need to be aware of that.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Bloudwedd

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2016, 04:57:37 AM »
yes, but some people said that they have trouble with their other played households. it's like when they get back to their original household, they just shock cause there is already a baby crib there with some random name.
There is a setting with MCCC that allows it to leave played families alone so no baby surprises etc when you return!

Offline CuriousSim

• Occult
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2016, 02:29:58 PM »
Just curious, if anyone knows: Sims pretty much stay the same when they're unplayed, but how much does interacting with them change them? When you see Sims playing chess in the park, is their logic skill going up? If you meet them at the gym, is their fitness skill going up? I know that when mentoring a particular Sim, there came a point, where I could no longer mentor him. I assume, this is because he maxed his skill. Can you improve the health of the entire community, by visiting the gym? Just wondering.

Offline CuriousSim

• Occult
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2016, 04:06:14 AM »
There is one thing that is good about rotational play. If you are trying to expand your garden, and the wild plants you find just don't seem to be maturing enough, to harvest. You can encourage them to ripen, by playing a nearby Sim. Let's say for example, that you live in Willow Creek, and you're looking for a cherry tree. You may visit the cherry lots, but the plants never seem to have any fruit on them. You can play the Landgraab household for a while, and the cherry trees will eventually ripen. As long as you continue your game, the plant status will remain the same, for each neighborhood that is played.