Author Topic: Homeless Shelter  (Read 45268 times)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: Homeless Shelter
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2016, 02:58:15 PM »
By "Max" a skill, do you mean reach the highest level or do every single little item in the skill?  You CAN reach lvl 10 in some skills without doing all the little tasks.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2016, 04:25:57 PM »
By "Max" a skill, do you mean reach the highest level or do every single little item in the skill?  You CAN reach lvl 10 in some skills without doing all the little tasks.

It's just the skill level itself - not performing all the various unlocks at the different levels.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2016, 12:37:40 PM »
Sorry about editing the rules after the light turned green on this event, but the team decided to add...

***Sims can marry, but can't move in spouse. Only your sim can ask someone to move in.

***No changing aspirations for anyone until an aspiration has been completed.

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2016, 09:41:24 AM »
ooh this one sounds fun! reminds my of the baby boom challenge from last year, which was one of my favorites!

Offline tjtemple

• Occult
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2016, 12:59:28 PM »
Any rules about moving them out?  Do they have to be moved back to "not in world", or may they move into a neighbouring house?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2016, 02:33:28 PM »
Any rules about moving them out?  Do they have to be moved back to "not in world", or may they move into a neighbouring house?

You get credit as soon as they leave your household, so it does not matter where the Sims end up. I'm assuming it should go without saying that you could not bring in the same homeless Sim a 2nd time - I do not need to spell that out in the rules, right?

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2016, 09:23:07 PM »
Sorry about editing the rules after the light turned green on this event, but the team decided to add...

***Sims can marry, but can't move in spouse.

Can your sim marry a homeless sim that is already moved in?  Or does it have to be someone who has not and will never move in?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2016, 06:00:37 AM »

***Sims can marry, but can't move in spouse.

Can your sim marry a homeless sim that is already moved in?  Or does it have to be someone who has not and will never move in?

Yeah, the important thing I believe that the team wanted to avoid is to not have the spouse be part of the household.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2016, 07:17:17 PM »
*GlazeyLady - I deleted your question. I am PMing you the answer.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2016, 09:59:13 PM »
Ima Doogood started the Willow Creek Reform Center for the Homeless,to help them get a headstart with their dreams and careers. When she retired she had help the following amount:

Moved Out: 13x5=65

Remaining: 3x1=3

Total Score: 68

Offline Mack

• Llama Wrangler
  • Don't fret, or you will miss the fun.
« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2016, 12:02:38 PM »
sdhoey,
 Ha! ha! love your Sim's name. Brilliant.
Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift; that's why it's called a present.

Offline Highlander

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2016, 04:43:17 AM »
I do want to thank you for putting these together. I doubt I would have ever played Sims 3 & 4 for very long if it wasn't for stuff like this.

I picked up on this challenge a few days ago. Tonight, the game crashed and I lost a day and a half. There's really no way to reproduce what you did. How do you handle stuff like that?

Offline tjtemple

• Occult
« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2016, 04:49:40 AM »
It's awful when that happens  :(  For the future there is a mod that autosaves which I believe is allowed in challenge files.  I use the one from Modthesims.info

Welcome to the forum, you'll love it here; especially the challenges.  Though I am finding this one very tough myself even without losing any play!

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2016, 05:37:35 AM »
@Highlander - welcome to the forum and the Tournament. As tj said, the autosave mod would not be an issue for the team. We're pretty lenient in allowing restarts, etc - the game is buggy. No getting around that unfortunately. But, in the event of misfortunes with your file in the future, just PM the entire team and we'll tell you how to proceed.

Offline junegem

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2016, 06:20:14 AM »
I am really enjoying this years challenges, well done to everyone who produces them. I am also amazed by the scores people can achieve, so well done to all those that post scores. Nearly always I practise, think that this challenge I might succeed and post and then real life intervenes and then it's too late! One day  ;)

anything