Author Topic: Homeless Shelter  (Read 45229 times)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: Homeless Shelter
« Reply #105 on: June 17, 2016, 10:19:18 AM »
Congratulations, Nutella! Excellent tips -- I did not think of getting Sims to level skills before moving in.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #106 on: June 17, 2016, 10:23:16 AM »
Absolutely love your strategy Nutella! I never thought about hiring all those people. I did think of getting a fisherman and a gardner. Learned something again :-)

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #107 on: June 17, 2016, 10:58:52 AM »
@Nutella how do you uninstall one Xp? I didn't realize we could do that for a challenge. I see now, the rules say XP you choose to play with. OOPS!

I also relied on hiring service Sims, but didn't think to keep hiring them to level the skill. I got lucky on careers with two Sims who were at a high level when I moved them in. One Tech Guru and one Entertainer/Musician. Great job, as always!

Offline tjtemple

• Occult
« Reply #108 on: June 17, 2016, 11:02:38 AM »
Brilliant as ever Nutella! I also didn't think of hiring anyone, only the fishing, gardening, mixologist, repair and Dj.  The only stroke of luck I had to get a decent score was that I had about 5 sims that came with the Clubs aspiration so I could change them to an easy one. 

I also found programming long and tiresome. 

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #109 on: June 17, 2016, 11:06:30 AM »
EA doesn't recommend uninstalling using this method, so I did it at my own risk.  Seems to run smooth for me, although might not be the same for everyone else.

To Uninstall a Pack, just find a folder where all your Origin Games are installed, open The Sims 4 folder and delete a Pack folder of your choice.
My Example:
GP01 – Outdoor Retreat Game Pack
EP01 – Get To Work Expansion Pack

You have to know which pack is which, so you can remove the correct one.  I don't delete it, i just move the folder to my desktop.  When I am done with the challenge, then I move the folder back.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #110 on: June 17, 2016, 11:37:22 AM »
What a brilliant idea to pre-level some of your homeless sims while waiting for your current residents to move out.
About Get to Work and Outdoor Retreat, I was afraid of trying the "non-recommended" uninstalling method and the "official" method looked too time-consuming.
With my luck, it would have adversely affected my game and a challenge I'm close to finishing.

Outdoor Retreat wasn't bad--I moved in the hermit who had L10 Herbalism.
So, I did do all three Get to Work careers--I learned new tricks for the Doctor career which I hadn't played for a while, though so win-win for me!
Instead of Soulmate, I bought Great Kisser with a sim who came in with Mansion Baron since my starter sim and his house had already completed that aspiration.

Thanks for always so generously sharing your strategies, Nutella!

Offline tiffieleigh

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #111 on: June 17, 2016, 11:43:59 AM »
I was having a lot of fun with this one, but once again I ran out of time.  One of these days I am going to go back and finish all these to see how I would have compared!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #112 on: June 17, 2016, 11:58:13 AM »
@oshizu-

I avoided the Outdoor Retreat because of the outdoor enthusiast aspiration.  As you can see with my strategy, staying on home lot 100% of the time would benefit the most.  If I have outdoor xpac, and some homeless sims might have that aspiration, which will force me to travel to granite falls and spend time fishing and herbing.  If I am playing with one sim, then I don't mind.  However when I have a household of 4 sims, each and every one have stuff they need to do.  Plus I have to keep inviting violinist/guitarist/pianist/comedian/therapist over to my house to skill up, I rather not travel.

Offline Minnie Mouse

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #113 on: June 17, 2016, 01:14:00 PM »
@Nutella Great strategy! I nabbed the gardener, fisherman, and handyman. But did not think of mixologist, DJ, etc... Hats off to you! :)

General challenge rules question - I totally missed the language in the rules (till now) about expansions you choose to play with. Is it generally accepted that you can choose what expansions to play with unless otherwise specified (like in the Learn to Cook challenge, when it was specifically stated that uninstalling expansions is prohibited)? Or should I be on the look out for wording like that in future challenges to signal that uninstalling is allowed for that particular challenge?

I guess I'm just asking what the general rule here is - I checked the General Challenge Rules and didn't see anything on this, but I could have missed it!

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #114 on: June 17, 2016, 01:27:57 PM »
@Minnie Mouse

We do not prohibit players from choosing which expansions they want to play with for challenges, but in certain challenge (like the cooking one) we will specifically state that you cannot uninstall. 

Offline Minnie Mouse

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #115 on: June 17, 2016, 01:31:07 PM »
@Nutella

Good to know! I will file that little tidbit away for future reference. Thank you! :)

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #116 on: June 17, 2016, 08:36:16 PM »
Great strategy Nutella! I always look forward to seeing how you went about things. I had a feeling that there had to be a way to help sims to level up before you moved them in. I came back for a geezer at the forums just a little too late to participate in this one, but I think I'll still play it through to completion. I really like the concept. It will be interesting to see how I can manage without the spa pack, as there aren't many other long-lasting moodlets.

anything