Author Topic: Take This Challenge...It's a Steal!  (Read 32011 times)

Offline Ginj

• Occult
  • There's a dance in the old dame yet
    • Desjardins Story - A Sims 4 Legacy Challenge
Re: Take This Challenge...It's a Steal!
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2016, 09:20:06 PM »
The ill-gotten gains from the misspent youth of Violette LaVoleuse summed up to 318,000. Who says crime doesn't pay?

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2016, 12:16:01 PM »
Finished stealing with $330,950.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2016, 02:22:38 PM »
Thomas Crown has removed as much as he can from every home currently occupied.  He's taking his §330,164 and now he's going somewhere where the food and drinks are good and the toilets never have to be used!
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline mcbalisen

• Nooboo
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2016, 07:17:53 PM »
Missy Stickyfingers finished with $220,254

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2016, 11:20:24 PM »
Ima Steele ended her crime spree with $297,030.

Offline Makenziegma

• Townie
« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2016, 01:17:18 PM »
Pinkie Panther was never able to find the all elusive pink panther diamond. However, she was able to steal from her neighbors a total of $254,365.

I am very eager to learn how to get those top scores because I am sure I am missing something. :-)

Offline Tipi

• Occult
« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2016, 11:42:17 AM »
Remington Steal aged to adult with 313930 simoleas on his account.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Minnie Mouse

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2016, 08:50:55 PM »
Neal Caffrey finished his crime spree with a grand total of $307,815

I am loving all the references to movie and tv thieves... Pinkie Panther and Remington Steal especially made me smile  :)

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2016, 06:14:20 AM »
Just a quick reminder that this event ends Thursday (today) at midnight, so make sure to post your score before then. Good luck to everyone finishing up.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2016, 03:43:17 PM »
No clever names for my klepto Sim for this one. I really rushed him through today to finish up and it shows. Oh my. $225,632. The one thing he forgot to steal was a good strategy on how to tackle this event. :) Great job to the leaders.

Offline jewels129

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2016, 04:10:27 PM »
My sim finished stealing with $125,750 before aging up.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2016, 05:55:57 AM »
This event is now closed. Congrats to Nutella on another win. But, look who came in out of the woodwork and almost stole Nutella's thunder? - Rica. :) Nice to see you again. Thanks to everyone who participated. Strategy can now be discussed.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2016, 07:26:05 AM »
Virtuoso Violin ($15000) - Goth
Total = $15,000

Computer ($10000) - KimLewis(2), Landgraab(2)
Total = $40,000

Knight ($8200) - Museum(2), Goth, Villareal
Total = $32,800

Painting ($8000) - Goth, Villareal, Museum, VonHaunt
Total = $32,000

Painting ($7500) - Pancakes, Goth, Villareal, VonHaunt
Total = $30,000

Computer ($4000) - BFF, Pancakes, Goth, KimLewis(2), Roomies, Landgraab(2), Caliente, Munch, Villareal, Partihaus, Behr, Bar, Library(7)
Total = $84,000

TV ($3500) - Gym, Pancakes, Spear, Hansen, Landgraab, Bro, Villareal(2), Bar(2)
Italic names is for household that the game move in (not original townies).
Total = $35,000

TV ($3400) - KimLewis, Fyres, Bjergsen(2), Partihaus
Total = $17,000

Painting ($3370) - Museum, Hansen, Christensen, VonHaunt
Italic names is for household that the game move in (not original townies).
Total = $13,480

DJ Booth ($3000) - Nightclub
Total = $3,000

Piano ($1415) - Bar, KimLewis, Museum
There are a lot more pianos that can be stolen in game, but I ran out of time.
Total = $4,245

While leveling Mischief from level 1-8
Pancakes Bird Bath $180
Pancakes Cologne $200
Pancakes Lamp $175
Pancakes Bust $1400
Goth Bust $1400
Goth Etagere $1370
Goth Sofa $1200
Total = $5,925

Starting Funds $18,500

Grand Total = $330,950.

STRATEGY:

1 -- Buy the cheapest lot ($1500) and did not buy anything else.
2 -- Since there is a stealing moodlet (8 hours for the expensive stuff), I took care of all needs in between waiting for the moodlet to falls off.
3 -- Bladder Bar = use townie's toilet or public toilet.
       Fun Bar = watch TV or play computer in townie's house.
       Hunger Bar = eat quick meal (free) in townie's house, mainly cereal for me.
       Social Bar = chat with anybody.
       Hygiene Bar = take shower in gym or wash hands repeatedly in townie's house.   
       Energy Bar = take naps in townie's house sofa or public places (like gym).
4 -- Did not even pay bills when they arrive.  Doesn't matter if the electric and water company shuts off my power and water.
5 -- I chose to level mischief skill and steal at the same time in Pancakes house.  Steal something, level mischief using socials while waiting for moodlet to falls off. 
6 -- After I reached level 8, can relax.  All the expensive stuff that can be stolen only needs mischief 8.  While waiting for the 8 hours moodlet to fall off, take care of sim needs and plan my next steal.
7 -- If you need to steal in public place (like library and museum), do it at night.  Usually won't have anyone around.
8 -- If you need to steal in nightclubs and bar, do it early morning.  You will still have one customer and one mixologist around, use "call over" to get them out of the bar, then swoop in to steal the stuff.
9 -- While stealing in townie house, you can use "call over" interaction or use the map interaction to get rid of the people in the room (that you want to steal from).  Make sure you introduce yourself to everyone in the house, then when stealing time comes and someone is there, use map and travel to a lot (usually park for me) with them.  Then travel back to the house while leaving them at the park (without them).  Make sure you leave at least one person in the house, or you won't be able to get invited back in.
10 -- I memorize what is expensive and learn to recognize them in game.  Visit every house and scan the entire house for valuables, make sure you have walls up so you can see paintings too.  There are lots of paintings, learn to recognize which one is valuable.  As for TV, learn to recognize which TVs are the expensive ones.  Computers, learn to recognize the $10000 and $4000 ones.  If you have trouble memorizing, use print screen (in buy mode) and save the images on your desktop.  So while playing the challenge, if you are unsure if the item is worth stealing, alt tab to your desktop to see the image and compare it in game.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2016, 10:30:53 AM »
My strategy was nearly identical to Nutella's. I got another knight from Magnolia Promenade, but missed the DJ booth, the library computers, and the gym TVs. I wasn't sure of a good time to get those. I used the "form group" interaction and "go here together" to get Sims out of the house. Once everyone started to leave, I cancelled the action for my Sim and went back in for the steal. Unfortunately, I didn't figure that trick out until later in the challenge, otherwise I wouldn't have been as hesitant to try public places other than the museums.

I gave my Sim the Dance Machine trait so she could disco nap in Sim houses. If everyone went to school and work while I was there, I used their showers. I also grilled hot dogs in public areas and stored the leftovers in townie fridges when I got tired of cereal.

Great job Nutella and Rica!

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2016, 10:40:21 AM »
I got another knight from Magnolia Promenade

I missed that!!!!  Argh.