Author Topic: Tips for playing as a homeless Sim  (Read 3929 times)

Offline thesimslover828

• Playing The Sims 3 again, WooHoo!!!
  • Immortal
  • Death To The Visitors, V Is For Victory
Tips for playing as a homeless Sim
« on: April 19, 2016, 01:44:31 PM »
Well I'm playing a homeless Sim again and need more tips. What is the best way to get money and food? The Sims 3 was easy as you could steal harvests from Sims in the neighborhood, I'm not even sure if any Sim has a garden. I have a mod to prevent cooking without buying ingredients, which I like for realism. I'm aiming to get the tent and campfire, but are there any other useful items my Sim can use?
We are of peace, always but this is war.
We are of peace, always.
We'll help build a resistance. We have to fight.

When all you've ever loved has been stolen from you, sometimes all you have left is revenge.
For the truly wronged, satisfaction can be found in one of two places,  absolute forgiveness or mortal vindication. This is not a story about forgiveness. When deception cuts this deep, someone has to pay.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Tips for playing as a homeless Sim
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2016, 05:16:41 PM »
Dig all the sites and sell box things that the My Sims trophies come in before opening them. ($80 unopened compared to a usual $20 opened) Make the use of the community garden and all the wild plants in the neighborhood the Goths live in. You'll have to stay there for about 3 days before running the area and harvesting everything but if you time it right you can easily make $1000 or more. Hang around in the parks for free food that the townies make. Take selfies with your sims phone and sell the stacks.

If you want to be self employed painting is the best option as it makes the most money the quickest. Your sim can use the easel in the museum in Willow Creek or any of the ones scattered around Windenburg if you have Get Together. Shower etc in the gyms or  any of the spas if you have Spa Day and place any of them.

You might find some tips in this thread too.

The handiness skill is great for making money. The Pancakes have a woodworking bench as does the Rangers Hut in Granite Falls. You have to stick to it though as it takes a bit of leveling before the real money comes in, also get your sim the Marketable Trait as this makes all the crafted items sell for a lot more.

If you want to level up in logic for an aspiration or something draw mathematical diagrams instead of chess and you can at least sell the diagrams when they are finished. I love playing homeless sims! Let us know how it goes.  :)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline CuriousSim

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2016, 08:45:58 PM »
You try might adding an apartment, to one of the public lots, like the Museum.

Offline catherinelinnea

• Lab Rat
  • Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2016, 02:29:07 PM »
My biggest suggestion is to make a ton of friends. Playing as a homeless sim is always easiest when you have plenty of people to mooch off of. The richer the better! ;)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2016, 06:46:05 PM »
If possible, buy TWO tents.  Place the Luxe Health Club either on the Bargain Bend or Daisy Hovel lot.  (I would choose Daisy Hovel).  Choose the alternate lot for your home lot because there is fishing immediately behind you in Bargain Bend, the Community Garden just a bit down the way, AND the tree to Sylvan Glade.  So you can fish and harvest very quickly.  Luxe Health Club has a bar and partial kitchen plus showers etc.  Place ONE tent on the top of the Club and leave it there.  A good place to live!  Take the other one with you at all times, plus carry a Roast'em Toast'em fire ring and a portable shower which you get in Granite Falls.  Granite Falls should be the first place you go, (after placing the Health Club), to buy your tents, fire ring, cooler chest, and starter fruits and veggies including tomato which can be hard to get. Get a portable love seat for company, or, if you have the cash and want to go deluxe, buy one of the portable tables and a couple, (or four), camp chairs.  Buy a lantern or two.  Buy a bush you can pee in and carry it and all the portables with you.  That way you have a permanent "home" in the health club and a portable home in your inventory.  Spend at least one full night in Granite Falls, fish and gather what veggies you can.  If you want to spend two nights, make one of them a trip to the Hermit's house where you can sometimes fish up a shower, can create furniture on her work bench, gather all her fruits and veggies and more.

What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

anything