Author Topic: Sims 4 Stopped Working - Force Quit? *Fixed!!*  (Read 15588 times)

Offline Summers

• Occult
Sims 4 Stopped Working - Force Quit? *Fixed!!*
« on: March 24, 2016, 07:45:33 PM »
Is it possible the sims 4 causes force quitting on i7 processor? I got the message that the sims 4 has stopped working. I just clicked ok, then my all unsaved playing has gone. It's not a big deal because I always save my game every sim night and day time but I'd like to know the sims 4 can causes force quitting in vanilla play? 

My computer spec is:

intel quad core i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz 64 bits 32 GB Ram  Geforce GTX 680MX

Graphic setting is all highest at the moment. Should I put the graphic setting a little down a bit?

I currently have the sims 4 base, Spa day, Perfect Patio, and Get to Work.
Very hard to be escaped from Sims.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: Sims 4 Stopped Working - Force Quit?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2016, 08:31:51 PM »
Do you clear your caches every day or after playing for a while?  Sometimes prolonged play can cause that.  If it keeps happening, you might want to turn graphics down a bit.  Like with most things computer (in my experience at least), sometimes things just happen.  So like I said, unless this is a regular occurrence, I wouldn't worry too much about it.  Just clear caches after playing each day.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2016, 10:49:36 PM »
Sims 4 Stops Working may happen from time to time for whatever reason. Even if you've got the bestest of the best computer it can happen, there's not much that can be done about it other than restart the computer and try playing the game again.

I'm with Shewolf on suggesting to Delete Game Cache

Here are some other suggested tips to try as well:

1. Disable Origin In-Game -- Open Origin, go to the Origin menu > Select Origin > Application Settings > Origin In Game and deselect to disable Origin In Game.

2. Delete Origin Cache

3. Try running a Clean Boot As this will help with stopping any other programs from interfering.

4. Sims 4 Factory Reset - HowTo

5.  Clean up Sims Inventories
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Summers

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2016, 06:38:34 AM »
Do you clear your caches every day or after playing for a while?  Sometimes prolonged play can cause that.  If it keeps happening, you might want to turn graphics down a bit.  Like with most things computer (in my experience at least), sometimes things just happen.  So like I said, unless this is a regular occurrence, I wouldn't worry too much about it.  Just clear caches after playing each day.
Thank you for helping. I was about to ask what kind of cache files I have to, but Mrs.Flynn showed me the way. :D

Offline Summers

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2016, 06:41:21 AM »
Your computer is well above recommended specs for the game. So it's definitely not that.

Sims 4 Stops Working may happen from time to time for whatever reason. Even if you've got the bestest of the best computer it can happen, there's not much that can be done about it other than restart the computer and try playing the game again.

I'm with Shewolf on suggesting to Delete Game Cache

Here are some other suggested tips to try as well:

1. Disable Origin In-Game -- Open Origin, go to the Origin menu > Select Origin > Application Settings > Origin In Game and deselect to disable Origin In Game.

2. Delete Origin Cache

3. Try running a Clean Boot As this will help with stopping any other programs from interfering.

4. Sims 4 Factory Reset - HowTo

5.  Clean up Sims Inventories

Thank you very much! Actually I didn't know what kind of cache files I have to delete.  A few days ago, I allowed the origin in Game. Yeah I haven't had any force quitting before that. But I don't know how 'origin in game' feature work?

I will try all suggestions you gave to me. Great Thanks! :)

Oh I found 'last crashed numbers ' files. Should I remove that as well?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2016, 03:38:35 PM »
Origin in-game is a feature that allows you to see friends online in-game as well as other game stats. However, It has been known to cause problems having this feature turned on.

I'm not sure what you mean about the last crash numbers files. Although I'm thinking you're talking about some kind of crash files? If so those are safe to delete. Those are files telling you that the game crashed and if you know how to read them they may tell you why it crashed.
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Summers

• Occult
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2016, 05:05:37 PM »
Origin in-game is a feature that allows you to see friends online in-game as well as other game stats. However, It has been known to cause problems having this feature turned on.

I'm not sure what you mean about the last crash numbers files. Although I'm thinking you're talking about some kind of crash files? If so those are safe to delete. Those are files telling you that the game crashed and if you know how to read them they may tell you why it crashed.

lastCrash_63594546668 <-- This was one of the crashed files I was wondering about. :) I have all 8 files of these. I was not sure what will happen, so I just made a separate folder and saved them all into it.
And thank you for the explanation about the feature and I think I don't need it. :) Thank You Always. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2016, 09:22:02 PM »
Good thinking to put the crash files into a separate folder. Those are safe to delete like I said before. :)

It's a good idea to disable/turn off Origin In-game as it still doesn't work correctly and will cause problems with any Origin game.

Offline Summers

• Occult
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2016, 12:40:01 PM »
Good thinking to put the crash files into a separate folder. Those are safe to delete like I said before. :)

It's a good idea to disable/turn off Origin In-game as it still doesn't work correctly and will cause problems with any Origin game.

Actually, after disabling the origin in game, the game runs more smoothly and nicer. I think that was the main thing caused this force quitting. I can delete those all crashed files now. Thank you.:)

anything