Author Topic: Refreshed, Recycled: An Immortal Dynasty (Updated: 07/08/16)  (Read 68359 times)

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
Re: Refreshed, Recycled: An Immortal Dynasty (Updated: 19/06/16)
« Reply #300 on: June 21, 2016, 01:41:33 AM »
Oh, so sad to see Mitch go. It won't be the same without him. I agree about the group shot, though. It's really touching, and very helpful for keeping track of who's who.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #301 on: June 21, 2016, 05:26:15 AM »
@oshizu (Can't wait for the Ab Fab movie ^^). I saw that pose a while ago, it's so lighthearted and not 'stiff' like the separate ones I was aiming for. I felt so nostalgic seeing Ash, Venkat and Shan again. The room their in is a copy of what the new living room looks like, I am in love with the brick wallpaper that came with Dine Out - it's absolutely fabulous  ;)

Lana's stats is a huge 'oops' on my part, I was supposed to keep it updated, will do it now. Thank you for bringing it up!

@FrancescaFiori He will be missed, I love seeing him in @oshizu 's AC and it's also giving me ideas for my IDC so so many thanks to her ^^.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #302 on: June 25, 2016, 07:00:05 PM »
Not an update

I thought it would be fun to see the Chants and Xians working in a restaurant so they were plopped into my Dine Out save and given jobs at my test version of the Sage Parsley.

I figured Lei would be the only one taking her job seriously, out of all my waiting staff (Lei, Lana and Ru) she's the one that attends to the customers most.

I'm not surprised Kessy enjoys being a chef (she loves playing with fire after all).

Lana is the worst waitress ever, she doesn't wait on anyone and is always bothering her parents in the kitchen and making disapproving faces. Mitch is a cutie as usual. The manager is my OC Brenna Tandy.

Ash is back from Beyond the Grave. I guess Marcus isn't interested in her after all? I love the hanbok she's wearing (I couldn't find cute Chinese dresses that matched my game for her so I went for a Korean dress).

Just Ru being adorkable.

I think Lei is in love xD

Lana still being miserable. She's been praised, her mood is great (I cheated), been given a raise and trained up. Nothing impresses her, sheesh.

Her father is never upset about anything.

Lana is the first out of the door when it's closing time. This girl...

The hair styles on Kessy, Lana, Ru and Lei are part of their new makeover during Gen 3's 'era'.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #303 on: June 25, 2016, 07:34:40 PM »
The whole family looks great in your Dining Out test file! I love their new hairstyles and that purple chef uniform looks really super on Kessy and Mitch!!!
What is an OC? Does it mean "Original Chant?" or "Origiinal Creation"?

Lei looks amazing--who would have guessed that DJ Lei would be such a hard worker while scientist Lana would have such a poor attitude!?
Have you figured out why Lana is always in such a terrible mood? Is she jealous of Lei's cheerful can-do outlook?
Lana, please stop annoying your Watcher!

Ashlynn is rocking the hanbok! She's the hostess, right?
And yes, Ru is looking adorable!!!

I keep forgetting to tell you that I love the new and blue "Refreshed, Recycled" logo on your first page.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #304 on: June 25, 2016, 08:58:34 PM »
This is great! What a charming family business. Seems like Lana is taking a page out of oshizu's Amanda's book. Grumpy for no reason! She's still cute, though. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #305 on: June 25, 2016, 10:45:20 PM »
Wow, that 'tude on Lana is quite large! o.o

I must say, as someone who doesn't play the Sims I can't see the appeal of the Dine Out expansion, but you make it look rather fun with all the Chants playing in one restaurant. Love Ru as always. <3
Oh it's so good to see Mitch again. ;D

Offline chetanhaobijam

• Chet for short
  • Immortal
« Reply #306 on: June 26, 2016, 08:50:49 PM »
Great to see the Chants working in the restaurant. Sage Presley restaurant certainly looks great with Chants working there. Like their outfits. And nice to see Mitch back. Looking forward for next update.
Chetan's Designs(my Sims3 Creations)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #307 on: June 26, 2016, 09:14:27 PM »
This is great! What a charming family business. Seems like Lana is taking a page out of oshizu's Amanda's book. Grumpy for no reason! She's still cute, though. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
@FrancescaFiori
That's the first thing I thought of when I read NJ's description of Lana. But Amanda was Level 9 in her career at the time so I didn't want to jinx her promotion by agreeing with you, lol.
Now that Amanda got that promotion, I can say I heartily agree with you.

@Nettlejuice
I wonder if the sulking and bad attitutde are a new "feature"? Is there a new hidden "Grumpy" trait? And does Lana act like that in your IDC file, too, or just your Dine Out test file?
Just curious.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #308 on: June 27, 2016, 10:33:26 AM »
@oshizu I love purple and I wanted a colour that looked great on every Sim, and pink does that too.

I have a feeling there are two reasons why Lana was in such a bad mood/not working.
1) Ash didn't turn up for work like everyone else so I closed the restaurant and just as everyone was leaving she turns up and I reopened. This happened the next day too so I had a look around Magnolia Promenade and found Ash grilling food and eating with some homeless Sims. My manager would also leave to go clean up plates that were left on non-editable community areas. I regret choosing this location, I may test in Newcrest and see what happens but I'll have to leave it be for the IDC.
2) Lei and Ru are the first to serve customers and I guess that cancels Lana's interaction with them and then when she wants to collect the dirty dishes Lei and Ru beat her to it again, other than this I really don't know what it could be as I don't have the Inspirational Speech perk (it's possible to get a negative buff).

Lana doesn't behave like this in my IDC, she's still the same Sim (I couldn't be bothered creating a twin) and has all the same skills, traits etc. Isn't gloomy the trait instead of grumpy? As it's a test save I'm not too worried, it was enjoyable to watch her getting annoyed at everyone, lol.

Ash is naturally the hostess, remember how I said I wanted them to run the Shimuzu? I thought that would be perfect opportunity to have some Asian themed clothes for the staff. I'll get to work on that eventually, right now my homeless townies are all old people and I'm waiting to see what new Sims replace them. Or I could just give the jobs to Ru's kids when they age up. Hooray, nepotism xD

Thank you for the comment about the banner, I suck at creating those so I went for something basic.

@FrancescaFiori I have to admit I am disappointed that our families can't actually work in the restaurant, so many story ideas have been thrown out the window. I also thought of Amanda! Hopefully it isn't a glitch/bug and something that was random.

@LivvieLove I can say this pack is easily one of my favourites, the gameplay is great as a manager and it's also fun to take the family/date to dine out. I mostly love the build/buy mode stuff and would have bought it just for that. Ah, Ru is going to be an elder soon and I'm trying to keep him and Lana young by not playing but gen 3 needs to take over soon.

@chetanhaobijam I loved having Mitch back, he's still so adorable when he's cooking and no one has complained about working there yet  ;)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #309 on: June 27, 2016, 04:07:32 PM »
Wow!  Mitch gone, and all the Chants working in a restaurant.  The things you miss when you play instead of read!  lol  So sorry to see Mitch go.  It's always hard to write those episodes so totally understand you putting it off.  Too funny though the way you wrote it up. I totally do not believe Kessy got her butt whupped!  Must have been the grief.

I really, really, loved the glimpse of them all together in the restaurant as all the employees!  Like you, I'm bummed out that we can't play our Sims in the restaurant career.  Who wants to just play the townies?  I think it'd be much cooler if we could have our families do the whole thing.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline SeraNita

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #310 on: June 28, 2016, 08:57:03 AM »
Such a great read when on break (although people are getting confused why I'm laughing at my phone, lol) and the screenshots are gorgeous! You seem to get all the Sims with personality, too. The house itself is a constant wonder to behold. (No, I'm staring at the house, not the abs. I swear.)

I tried giving my own IDC a shot after reading through others' experiences, and honestly I think reading about them is more fun. My favorites out of the dynasty are always the ones that I have to let drop in a few sim weeks, and the immortals I do make end up with no personality or just take pleasure in making the spares I like dangerously close to an early demise (blocking the bathrooms up until they wet themselves, aggravating them to near deadly fury, catching the rooms on fire...) which makes it even harder to watch. It's like having a bunch of Leis for pollinators and it makes me sad  :(

How do you make such gorgeous builds? I'm stuck making tons of square prisons and you're making Taj Mahals. You really must show us your secret (is it that you're modeling them after Mitch's 6-pack? Because I think everyone would love to see a house made of Mitch ;) )

I think forcing your sims to marry in a Dynasty based on genetics actually makes it easier on you later. The heirs come out beautiful and Watcher isn't quite as crushed when the scythe comes to visit. I must say though, I think Lana and Max would actually be rather cute together.

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #311 on: July 03, 2016, 10:11:39 AM »
Finally caught up again, only to see Mitch die (although I technically knew that was coming since I saw it mentioned in Oshizu's AC). And Kessy totally let Grim win because she was too sad to fight! I really adore Lei, but, Lana will be a good heir and immortal, I'm sure.
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #312 on: July 31, 2016, 04:06:30 PM »
@Nettlejuice

I have been missing the Chants something awful and read these last two pages over again out of sheer nostalgia.
Can you remind us again when "Ru Appreciation Day" is? Can you provide his fans with matching T-shirts and glowsticks so we can celebrate the day in an appropriate manner?

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #313 on: August 03, 2016, 11:22:26 PM »
@oshizu "Ru Appreciation Day" is Everyday lol and don't you just love that its acronym is R.A.D??? Because, Ru IS totally rad!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #314 on: August 07, 2016, 02:36:03 PM »
@SeraNita Oh, thank you so much for your comment! I generally don't think I'm very funny so I was quite suprised you found things to laugh at ^-^ I take inspiration from just looking at houses online and those that I pass when I go out into town. I live in an area that has some very creepy old houses on one street and then something fabulously new and gorgeous in the next. A house of Mitch, I wonder what that will look like  :P

@Magpie2012 Yup, she was too heartbroken to give it her all!

@oshizu Yes, it's everyday! Isn't that the best thing about it? Lol.

@Magpie2012 I didn't even notice that, RAD is perfect.

Very sorry about not updating or having time to read your stories. Dealing with issues in real life and I have no idea how or when it will be fixed, plus it's the summer holidays so I'm babysitting full time until my nephew goes on holiday with his parents.

Also, I've taken out my buy mode CC and demolished the Chants restaurant. So that means I have to redecorate, it's actually fun now that we have the addition of Backyard Stuff.