Author Topic: Looking for a Challenge? Join the Club!  (Read 25855 times)

Offline Makenziegma

• Townie
Re: Looking for a Challenge? Join the Club!
« Reply #60 on: April 15, 2016, 06:44:52 PM »
I used many of the tips that Minnie did. While I did not find out about the Paragon tip, I had no problem with my sim becoming leader after only a few interactions with the leader. My sim was outgoing, insider, and friendly and I think this created very easy ability to convince other sims to step down as leader. A few other tips I used were to utilize the tip of getting the connections in order to use that for money so my Sim never had to work a job. This enabled more time for clubbing. I would utilize careers only to form my group limits. I also choose my groups around sleeping so that I participated in groups that utilized a house to sleep. I had 7 pages of activities and group requirements in order to be able to cross off as I used them. Also, I had asked if while 3 slots needed to be unique the other two slots I would repeat with either sleep, friendly, or tell jokes. I had asked during practice if the 2 slots could be repeated because I realized if not the number of groups created would be capped out.

Offline thekatie0409

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #61 on: April 15, 2016, 07:07:41 PM »
I focused on getting the aspiration completed first so that the club leaders would automatically step down and make less work for me. Right away I joined the Upper Crusts and Powerhouses. Then I got the confident perk with the Upper Crusts and had them come over and cook while I practiced charisma up until level 4. After that, I started a Powerhouse gathering and used Charisma socials on the leader to get to level 5 Charisma and make our social high enough for him to step down. We had enough club points to complete the aspiration and buy the first club banner on the first Tuesday.

After that, I used the points from the aspiration to buy Connections like Makenziegma. But I don’t like traveling so I just had all of the club gatherings at my home lot, using the Connections money to buy pianos or closets or whatever the current club needs. At some point I got Never Weary also. Since I had everything at home I was always in a club gathering like Minnie Mouse. You can just set 6 guitars (or whatever objects) outside and then eat or sleep or fill other needs while the rest of the club gathers points. ;D

I started making my own clubs on the 2nd Monday. I put what I thought the 26 easiest ways to get clubs points would be in the first slots and then pretty much randomly dispersed the rest of the activities. I never played the clubs or Windenburg before so I made some mistakes here and put things like ‘Wander Maze’ in the first spot which wasn’t very helpful.

At the end I ran out of unique requirements to meet with my clubs so I just kind of hung out until aging up.  :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #62 on: April 15, 2016, 07:08:31 PM »
My strategy, for whatever it's worth. ;)

1. I joined Good Timers immediately, but didn't meet with them right away. The reason for this is that during my practice I learned that if a club has the Rally the Troops perk and you belong to that club, you can use Rally the Troops in ANY club. This basically meant my Sim did not have to eat, sleep, or use the toilet for the first week or so of the challenge, while I was disbanding the premade clubs. Once I joined Spin Masters, I used that as my Rally the Troops club and disbanded Good Timers. I didn't disband Spin Masters until I was ready to start making my own clubs. Oh, I joined Renegades last becaus eof the negative relationship hit. I wanted to make sure my Sim had tons of friends first. While my Sim was out at the nightclubs with Partihaus and Spin Masters I kept my eye out for other club leaders. Chatting while dancing builds friendship pretty quickly. By 3am on the second Tuesday, all 18 premade clubs had been disbanded.

2. I gave my Sim the Dance Machine trait so that when I no longer had access to Rally the Troops she could refill her energy very quickly with Disco Nap. I thought about purchasing the Never Weary reward, but in one of my practice runs I was forced to join the Private Club, so I saved my points for Connections instead. With Connections, I was able to have enough cash on hand to buy all the equipment needed for club activities on my home lot, which saved travel time later on.

3. When I started joining clubs, I was always thinking ahead to future restrictions, so I built skills as I went along. For example, I purchased a portable bar and brought it with me to Upper Crusts gatherings so I could work on mixology.  By the end of the challenge, my Sim had 2(+) in at least 18 different skills. Those were the primary club restrictions. I also used one age restriction, her three traits, and finally, the Secret Agent career because she would have the weekend off. She was gathered in the Tech Guru club when she aged up.

4. Club activities were set up the same as what Minnie Mouse described.

5. My Sim was in a club gathering from the time she landed on her lot on Sunday morning until she aged up. There was never a time when she was not in a club gathering.

6. With a few exceptions, it took about 10-12 hours to get to 500 points. I'm not sure what I could have done to get to the 500 point threshold any faster. Maybe my club members weren't as cooperative about staying on task or something? ;)

Congratulations to Minnie Mouse and thekatie!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #63 on: April 15, 2016, 07:40:32 PM »
Great strategies, everyone!

@reggikko, you explained something I couldn't understand --  why my clubs sometimes had the "rally the troops" interaction and sometimes didn't.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #64 on: April 15, 2016, 07:59:54 PM »
Great strategies, everyone!

@reggikko, you explained something I couldn't understand --  why my clubs sometimes had the "rally the troops" interaction and sometimes didn't.

Good Timers, Partihaus, and Spin Masters all start out with Rally the Troops so whenever you belonged to one of those three, the interaction would have been available.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #65 on: April 15, 2016, 08:00:52 PM »
@Minnie Mouse @thekatie0409 and @reggikko

Thank you for sharing your brilliant strategies! Congrats!

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #66 on: April 16, 2016, 03:49:39 AM »
Congrats to Minnie and katie! Freaking amazing scores!

My strategy was pretty simple: make as many friends as possible so that charisma increased to level 5 or so (took about a day or two) then start joining and disbanding clubs left, right and centre! It's amazing how easy it is to convince someone to step down if you're their friend, although, I kinda felt bad every time they would start sobbing afterwards :-( I believe my first club was the Garden Gnomes.

There were brief periods where Karda wasn't in a club, but that was usually if she had just disbanded one of the pre-mades and desperately needed sleep or food etc. I also made use of Connections and the extra-useful trait from the Aspiration! Although, I never joined the snobby rich people club (forgot the name, Upper Crusts?) But it was handy to have the cash to buy everything I needed for my club gatherings at my house. I always tried to have at least 3 other people in my club, as I also utilised the "sleep while they get points" strategy lol once Karda aged up, I invited Joaquin over (he was the highest relationship single that Karda knew) and invited him to move in (ok, so I tried proposing first but he said no, so I had to get drastic lol) so now I'm going to use Karda in a Legacy (I'm going to attempt to post pics from it) as a super Founder cuz of all the traits and skills she has!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.