Author Topic: Rivals of Newcrest (new 03.13) //img links repaired//  (Read 4580 times)

Offline boomboomraccoon

• Llama Wrangler
  • Boom works, so does Rowan!
Rivals of Newcrest (new 03.13) //img links repaired//
« on: February 24, 2016, 02:32:17 PM »
Hello Everybody! This is my very first story, I hope you like it. Thanks to MarianT's Newcomers in Newcrest for inspiring me to try this.

THE CROYDONS // A Mansion Baron Dynasty

Founder -- Christopher Croydon

Traits: Materialistic, Ambitious, Snob, Business Savvy
Aspiration: Mansion Baron
Job: Business (2)
Mansion: Avarice Acres (Worth $18,948)
Portrait in Museum:

THE KINGS // A Mansion Baron Dynasty

Founder -- Bethany King

Traits: Self-Assured, Perfectionist, Athletic, Business Savvy
Aspiration: Mansion Baron
Job: Tech Guru
Mansion: Rippling Flats
Portrait in Museum:
Children: Jeremiah King

The QUOTORIS // An Alien Dynasty

Founder -- Avaluna Quotori

Traits: Good, Genius, Cheerful, Collector
Aspiration: The Curator
Job: Painter
Portrait in Museum:
Children: Wandalora Quotori

Offline boomboomraccoon

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Rivals of Newcrest
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2016, 02:48:01 PM »
CHAPTER ONE // RICH BOY REGRETS HIS CHEAP BED (Croydon, Week 1)

Christopher Croydon looked around the empty neighborhood and hoped that he hadn’t left Bridgeport for nothing. The lot was huge, and the allowance his parents had sent with him wouldn’t last long.  He quickly assembled a house, focusing on appearances, hoping to improve the furniture later.

Christopher quickly found a job in Business, and went to his computer to fill out some reports.

While he was working on that, a stranger from across the neighborhood arrived. Her name was Bethany King. She introduced herself, and he thanked her for coming.

You shouldn’t do that.

A voice boomed in his head. Christopher asked Bethany if she’d heard anything. “Heard what?” she asked.

Bethany can’t hear me, Christopher, not right now, anyway. Ask her to leave, and I’ll explain more.

Christopher asked Bethany to leave, and she nodded. “I understand wanting to have some alone time to settle in. I’ll see you around the neighborhood!”

“Okay, weird voice, she’s gone now, can you tell me why I shouldn’t be polite to my neighbors around here?”

Everyone who lives in Newcrest, this empty town, is here to try and craft a dynasty. Even you.

“What’s a dynasty? Wait, never mind, first, who the heck are you, weird voice?”

I’m just a Watcher. And sometimes, I can be a Helper. This means I watch you guys, you Sims, and I make sure everything goes smoothly. Your parents said you should marry, right? I’ll help you find a wife tomorrow, when your week starts.

“My week? And you still haven’t explained about Bethany King and the dynasties.”

Be quiet a minute, and I’ll tell you.

You see, a dynasty is when a Sim takes on a challenge to be the best, largest, most successful family in the place. Newcrest is empty and needs to be filled. You three—

“Three?” Christopher asked.

Shhh! All three dynasty Founders have come to Newcrest to make a name for yourselves, one way or another. And a dynasty needs children. You can’t fill up fifteen lots in Newcrest all by yourself, can you? I’ll see you after work tomorrow, and we will find you a wife.

After Christopher’s first day of work on Monday, he went to Municipal Muses, hoping to find a Snob wife like himself, maybe one who loved Art, to help him acquire good pieces for their mansion, and paint lovely portraits of the family.

“Look, there’s a woman, Nancy Landgraab.”

Married. Think of her as the founder of the Oasis Springs legacy.

The first single woman Christopher met was Kaleigh Rebuschatis She was a little round, but still very cute in the face. He discovered that she was Mean and Clumsy, and delivered the mail. Kaleigh didn’t really seem interested in getting to know Christopher, even after he bragged about his possessions to her.

The next single woman to enter the museum was Nina Caliente, a cute redheaded woman. She was unemployed, as well as hot-headed, and lazy. Christopher was almost glad when she didn’t seem very interested in getting to know him, either. All the Sims wandered out the door, around 8pm.

Let’s go next door, and check out the club.

Christopher saw another female Sim, and quickly introduced himself to Dina Caliente. She was Nina’s sister, Athletic and Ambitious. She also had a job in the Culinary career. Bestill his beating heart, a pretty woman who could cook.

After a short conversation, Christopher discovered they got along quite well.

He also discovered that he was extremely tired, and excused himself to go home.

After work on Tuesday, Dina asked if she could visit him. They had a nice conversation, and after reaching Romantic Interest status, he tried to kiss her for the first time. “I’m not ready for that yet,” Dina said.

After work on Wednesday, Christopher was so exhausted, he had to go straight to bed, and then he spent half the night managing the rest of his needs.

Thursday was the same.

Friday, after work, Christopher called to see if Dina wanted to hang out.

She was busy. He headed upstairs to play video games to reduce his Tense From Work moodlet.

Dina called later that night, asking to visit. Christopher chatted with her for a while, avoiding Romance as long as possible. Eventually, with the friendship bar at half mast, he asked her to move in. She said yes.

While Christopher was napping, the Watcher came to Dina.

Do you like Christopher?

Dina’s mother had once told her that some Sims hear the Watcher, and to not be frightened, as it only makes the conversation longer for everyone.

“I like him.” She answered. “I think he’s a bit clumsy in the Romance department, but he’s nice.”

When he wakes up, take him on a date. I’ll walk you through it.

Dina took Christopher to the Rattlesnake Juice Bar, in her old neighborhood.  When they arrived, the Observer suggested sitting somewhere and talking first.

Tell him a story, and make some conversation before you start flirting.

After that, Dina took Christopher inside to listen to the blues from the jukebox.

At this point, she felt brave enough to blow him a kiss. Christopher responded well. Then she kissed his hands. Then she gave him a real kiss, right on the mouth.

Ask him to be your boyfriend.

Christopher accepted, flattered. Dina responded with a passionate kiss.

And then she got ahead of herself, and proposed to him, right in front of the jukebox.

Christopher said no, but offered her a suave kiss on her hand.

After seeing how embarrassed she was, he asked her, “Would it make you feel any better if I proposed?”

“No, it wouldn’t!” Dina said, pushing the ring away. They just decided to dance along to the jukebox until the date was over.

When they got home, they both took a nap. Dina made some food while Christopher was in the shower. While they were eating, Christopher took the time to remind Dina how much he admired her.  “Do you want to be my best friend?” he asked.

“Yes!” she responded.

And then Christopher proposed. The third time was the charm.

I would love to throw you two a big wedding, but time’s a-wasting, I promise your heir a big shindig, because you two will be able to afford it, I promise.

And so the pair eloped. Dina was so excited about the mentioning of heirs, she took Christopher right upstairs to try for a baby.

After a quick shower, Dina discovered she wasn’t pregnant. She convinced Christopher to try again, one more time before bed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2016, 03:35:03 PM »
Welcome to the Forum, boomboomracoon! I laughed out loud when your Watcher told Dina not to be frightened because it just made the conversation longer. Hope all goes well for Christopher!
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline boomboomraccoon

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2016, 12:42:47 PM »
CHAPTER TWO // SPORTY LADY FINDS LOVE AT THE GYM (King, Week 1)

Bethany King stood on her lot, hands on hips. I didn’t come all the way from a swamp shack in Riverside to fail now, she told herself. She built a house that reminded her of home, with a wraparound porch, and a dominating kitchen and dining area on the first floor.

One of the first things Bethany did was go to the Movers & Shakers gym, hoping to find an active Sim to be her partner. One of the gym trainers was Jackson Babcock.

Bethany went and introduced herself. She quickly discovered he was an art lover, and active. My mama always said she wanted some nice paintings. She also learned that Jackson  was materialistic. That’s alright, we’ll have lots of nice things, being mansion barons.

They talked a while longer, and when they became good friends, she asked him to move in.

Soon, their romance blossomed.

After the first kiss, Bethany asked Jackson to be her boyfriend. Later, after some steamy conversation, they agreed to try for a baby.

The next morning, while Jackson was working on a painting, Bethany came out onto the porch.

“We’re having a baby!”

“Oh my gosh, that’s wonderful! I love you!”

“I love you too! Marry me?”

“I want a ceremony! A fancy one!”

“But I don’t know anyone, Jackson!”

“It can be a small wedding! Why are we still shouting?”

Quickly, Bethany purchased a wedding arch, a bar, and a piano, and made the necessary arrangements. She only knew two people: Christopher Croydon from down the street, and Alice Spencer-Kim.

Still, the wedding was beautiful. The happy couple had a gold medal wedding.

Jeremiah was born the next day, and he was such a cutie!

Jackson tried really hard to help out with the baby when he wasn’t painting or exercising.

Bethany tried spending some time in the kitchen, but she was starting to think she should stick to computer skills.

Maybe we should find some live-in help?

Later that afternoon, Alice Spencer-Kim came over to hang out. As they were chatting, Bethany noticed that Alice was already a good friend, so soon.

“Hey, Alice, would you mind moving in with me? I’m hoping to create a Mansion Baron dynasty and I’d love some help around the house.”

“Well, why not, Bethany? We’re such good friends, what could go wrong? I’ve got a pretty large family, I hope you don’t mind!”

Alice was right, there was her husband Eric, his mother Vivian, Alice’s father, Dennis, and her daughter Olivia. She might be a good playmate for Jeremiah.

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
Re: Rivals of Newcrest (new 03.08)
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2016, 07:31:48 AM »
You are speeding along! I am going to enjoy this I can tell!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2016, 01:41:53 PM »
Well done!  I'm really enjoying reading this one.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2016, 03:31:49 PM »
Wow, a full house already! And the Spencer-Kim-Lewises bring almost enough to complete Mansion Baron.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline boomboomraccoon

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2016, 06:17:59 PM »
@MarianT I'm trying to not take advantage of all that money! I haven't had much experience playing with townies, so that was a pleasant surprise.

Offline hvs14

• Nooboo
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2016, 12:14:10 PM »
This looks like a lot of fun. Good luck!

Offline boomboomraccoon

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2016, 01:27:53 AM »
CHAPTER THREE // STRANDED ALIEN MAKES BABIES (Quotori, Week 1)

Avaluna Quotori looked around the large lot where her ship had crashed. Nothing remained but rubble. She quickly gathered up the most expensive materials, and sold them for the local currency, Simoleons.

This was not a good beginning to the conquest of SimWorld, but she was still hopeful. With the meager funds she had acquired, Avaluna quickly built a dwelling that reminded her of home. With tall walls, the high ceilings helped with the cramped feeling she’d acquired from being squeezed into her spaceship for such a long journey.

She entered the Painting career, fond of the unique ‘art’ Sims were known for.

Avaluna was painting a picture of the fauna and flora from home, when a sim strode across her lot. The sim was a plentiful woman wearing a red dress very similar to one Avaluna had purchased with the money she’d acquired from her ship’s salvage.

Sadly, her alien manual had told her that female sims were poor choices for mates, as Avaluna could not produce children with them.

When the sun rose, Avaluna decided to go to the park and meet new people.

While playing chess with a teen named Kelley Jefferson, she was given some advice. “If you’re looking for a mate,” Kelley said, “why don’t you go to the bars? I think you’d like the Solar Flare in Oasis Springs, you being an alien and all.”

Avaluna quickly learned that she liked retro music.

Eventually, Avaluna introduced herself to Quintin Redd, only to discover that he was married. It was too bad, as his dark skin reminded her of another race of aliens her people had been known for dalliances with.

A few minutes later, another male sim arrived. His name was Mitchell Kalani. He had longer hair and body that didn’t look like everyone back home could snap in half. He was single, and outgoing, so Avaluna decided that he would do.

They went into the bar and chatted for a while, becoming very friendly, but Mitchell excused himself, and Avaluna discovered a mighty need for sleep and food. SimWorld was an exhausting planet. She missed the rich air and denser foods of her planet.

After work the next day, Avaluna took a shower and headed to the Blue Velvet Club for some dancing.  On the way, she invited Mitchell to come. “I’m busy tonight, but you have fun without me!”

And she did, dancing until 10pm, and then she slept all through the night.

For being such a relaxing hobby, Painting sure is a very stressful career. After playing some video games to de-stress, Avaluna invited Mitchell over to hang out. After a short and friendly conversation, she asked him to move in. “Sure thing, just don’t invite my roommates, I’m so over that drama!”

Soon, they had the place to themselves. “I’ve always thought you’re kind of cute,” she said.

“I have to admit, I find you very attractive, too. Were you a princess back on your home planet?”

“Can you imagine me in a crown?” Avaluna said, striking a sultry pose.

Mitchell laughed. The male of your species isn’t too displeasing to my eye, Avaluna thought as she leaned in for their first kiss.

They went inside to sit on her couch, and things heated up quickly from there.

“Wanna go halvsies on a baby?” she whispered in Mitchell’s ear after they’d been making out on the couch for a while.

“Definitely!” he eagerly replied.

“I hope it’s a girl,” Avaluna confessed to Mitchell over breakfast.

“My mom always told me that you should listen to pop music, if you want a girl.” Mitchell informed her.

“Blegh, pop music,” she said, making a face. “I’ll try it.”

“I’m going to stop working in the culinary field. My true dream is to be a star comedian.”

Avaluna planted some of things she’d collected, and did some painting before work. Just before work, Mitchell suggested she take the pregnancy test, just to be sure. Avaluna discovered she was pregnant, but had to run to work before she could tell Mitchell!

After work, and a bit of sleep, Avaluna told Mitchell her big news.

For the rest of the pregnancy, she spent a lot of time dancing and listening to pop music. You can see from her face, it’s still not her kind of music.

The baby was a girl!

Sadly, Wandalora would not inherit SimWorld, as she was human like her father.

Mitchell was napping on the bed when Avaluna nudged him awake. “We have to try again,” she told him sadly.

“Is the baby okay?” Mitchell asked.

“Oh, she’s fine, wonderful. She’s just not blue! I was hoping to get an alien heir on the first try!”

“Shh, shh, it’s alright. Will making a sister for Wandalora make you feel any better?”

“Yes, please!”

Later that afternoon, Avaluna discovered she was expecting again!

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
Re: Rivals of Newcrest (new 03.13)
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2016, 01:13:03 AM »
I love your Alien Avaluna, she is gorgeous. Just one little thing though.. I believe that if you are doing the Alien option, you actually can only marry another Alien and the child has to be a full Alien.. unless Mitchell is a secret Alien in your game? May want to double check... Hope I'm wrong! Unless you are going for a couple of babies with Mitchell and then marrying an Alien later.. then totally forget everything I've just written! hehehe

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2016, 10:27:25 AM »
@KTK10 Her alien isn't the GTW type, just a human with the unusual skin tone (the eyes in the close ups aren't alien eyes). Non-GTW Alien is a valid option for Rival Dynasties so long as GTW isn't installed, they just have a different set of requirements.

Anywho, looking forward to seeing where these three families go. Good luck!

Offline boomboomraccoon

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2016, 09:12:56 PM »
@KTK10 , @dontmindme is correct, I only have the base game, so Avaluna just has blue skin, and her heir has to as well.

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2016, 11:09:41 PM »
Phew!! I obviously didn't look at her hard enough! Thanks everyone for clearing that up :)

Offline boomboomraccoon

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2016, 01:34:11 PM »
@KTK10 Avaluna's hairstyle does cover her decidedly sim ears!

anything