Author Topic: Finding Happiness *Complete*  (Read 39616 times)

Offline Ally3772

• Immortal
Re: Finding Happiness
« Reply #75 on: July 28, 2016, 02:01:31 PM »
"Honey do whatever you think is best." I told Sophia.

"Mom, this place is honestly perfect." She said over the phone.

"So what's the next step?"

"I'm going to go to the bank and work up the paperwork to sell the old restaurant and then see how much is left from the sale. If there's enough to buy this place I will do that today."

"Okay, do you need me to meet you at the bank?" I asked her.

"No, I think I can do this on my own. Thank you mom, thank you for giving me this chance."

"Of course, I want you to be happy."

"I am mom, I really am."

In no time my talented daughter had sold the restaurant and bought a new one in the same name. Someone was looking after us because not only did she have more then enough to buy the store, but the sale brought us a nice cushion to have money wise. I stood by the wall and watched Sophia work with a smile on my face.

"Welcome to the new Tree Hill Cafe! It's opening night so drinks are on the house! Please let me know if there is anything I can get for you."

She walked over to me.

"So what do you think of the place?!" She asked.

"It's amazing. You did a wonderful job with it!" I told her.

"Thanks mom."

"Has Avery seen it?"

"Not yet, he couldn't make it tonight. He's coming over tonight though."

"I look forward to meeting him."

She smiled and walked over to make sure the waiters were doing okay.

"You're making dinner for him, he must be special." I said walking in the kitchen.

"I just want everything to work out mom. I think I really like him." She said.

"I'm sure he likes you too, he'd be crazy not too."

Knock, knock, knock

"That must be him." Sophia said looking over her shoulder.

"I'll get it, you finish up and I'll keep him busy."

"Don't embarrass me mother." She said smiling.

"Don't worry, I'll save the embarrassing bath tub photos for your wedding day."

"Ha. Ha."

Sophia's POV

"Dinner was amazing." Avery said.

"Thank you." I said.

"Hey, let's take a picture." Avery said.

"Yeah?"

He nodded.

"No delete it!" I said looking at it.

"No! I like it!"

"I look like a dork!"

"At least you look like a cute dork."

I looked at him and smiled.

"You're adorable when you blush." He said.

"Stop it." I laughed.

He walked away.

"Wait. Where are you going?"

"I want to see your room."

I followed him into my room.

"Nice. Lots of pink."

I bit my lip unsure of what to say, the boy I liked was in my bedroom.

"Pink teddy bear?" He asked.

I scratched the back of my neck.

"Yeah... My mom bought it for me when I was a kid. We had a rough get go and it was the one thing that kept me going. It's embarrassing but I can't get rid of it." I told him.

"You shouldn't get rid of it, the world can be a scary place. It's nice to have something to hold on to for hope."

I smiled.

We spent the entire night on my bed. We just talked and laughed and shared more embarrassing stories. I really felt like I knew him my entire life and I hoped that I would spend the rest of my life with him.

Short update, but wanted to get something out =] I hope that since the new place is smaller that I will do better. I was still in the negatives in the old place and I wanted a fresh start. I am enjoying it still though and recommend Dine Out to everyone!
My Stories:
Figuring It Out / Something to Hide *Complete*
-----
It's just a spark, but it's enough to keep me going.
And when it's dark out, no one's around, it keeps glowing. <3

Offline Ally3772

• Immortal
« Reply #76 on: July 29, 2016, 12:00:38 AM »
A Few Months Later...

Sophia's POV

"Hey! What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I wanted to see how the store was doing."

"It's going amazing. It's so good to see you." I said.

"So, how's it going?" I asked.

"..It's, well, it's okay."

"Avery, is everything okay?"

"Yeah, yeah it'll be okay."

I gave him a weird look.

"Hey let's go outside." He said changing the subject.

"So wait! You're telling me that you puked on your teacher in front of the entire class?!" I gaped.

"It was the most embarrassing thing that ever happened to me!"

"Oh my god! I'm sorry! I'm sorry! That is great!"

"Laugh it up." He smirked.

"Oh man, that's great. Okay, I'll stop."

All of a sudden the mood changed, I slowly stopped laughing as he stepped closer to me.

"I don't know if I ever told you this, but you are absolutely beautiful."

"Thank you." I said smiling and blushing at the same time.

"These past few months, they have been amazing. Getting to know each other, late night phone calls, hanging out, it has been wonderful. I've never felt this close to anyone and I just want you to know that I am here to stay. Whatever the next step for us is, I'll be here."

I smiled, "Thank you."

We pulled away from each other and it happened so fast. The next thing I knew he was kissing me.

"Sorry." He apologized and blushed.

"No, no. That was... That was amazing."

A Few Months Later

"You can't do this!"

"I just did!"

SLAM!

I jumped a little as I walked up to a guy who was standing surrounded by garbage bags full of things.

"You can't just throw me out!"

"I didn't! I evicted you!"

I bit my lip, poor fellow. I walked over to him and was just going to make sure if he was okay when I saw his face.

"Avery?!" I gasped.

"Sophia, I- This- This isn't what it looks like. It's just some misunderstanding really." He stammered.

"Move in with me." I blurted out, surprising myself.

"What?" He asked shocked.

"Move in, with my mom and I. I mean, unless you have another place. I didn't mean to blurt it out, it just came out and now I feel like a fool. You probably think I'm crazy and I-"

"Sophia! Breathe! It's okay really! Let me see if I can work it out and I may take you up on the offer. I'll pay rent of course."

I nodded.

So, Avery moved in shortly after I saw him thrown out of his apartment building. The landlord was crazy and claimed Avery hasn't been paying him rent since he moved in. We found out later that his landlord was a thief and has been gambling all the money away and trying to get his tenants to pay double rent. Mom was fine with Avery moving in, and was even fine with us staying in the same room. We were both 'adults' now as she called us. Her only request was that he cleaned up after himself, and also to put the toilet seat down. As for us, we got closer. We became inseparable and spent almost every waking moment together, when I wasn't at the cafe of course.

"He is so going to do it!"

"Is not!" I said.

"No seriously watch!"

"Oh my god you were right!" I laughed.

He smiled reaching for the remote and flipping the TV off.

"Avery? What is it?" I asked as he became serious.

"This isn't moving too fast for you, is it?"

"No, it's perfect."

"Would it be too soon to tell you that I am falling madly and deeply in love with you?"

"Would it be too soon to tell you that I have been doing that since the day we met?" I asked him.

"The night at the cafe." He smiled.

"You walked in thinking we were still open."

"And we spent all night and part of the morning talking about everything and anything."

He smiled.

"Mom knew something was up when I walked in at six in the morning in the same clothes." I giggled.

"I can imagine."

I giggled more.

"I love you." He said, stroking my cheek.

I looked at him, he looked scared as he waited for my reply.

"I love you too."

I yawned walking out of the room and into the kitchen.

"Morning." Avery said.

"Morning. Did you sleep?" I asked.

"Yeah, you?"

"Yeah."

"Come here." He said.

I smiled and went to give him a good morning kiss.

"AH!" I screamed.

He smiled.

"I've always wanted to do that." He giggled.

"You've been watching too many of my chick flicks." I smiled.

"So you didn't like it?"

"Oh I didn't say that." I said walking to the fridge.

I smiled at him while I took out the things to make scrambled eggs and bacon. He shuffled to the bathroom to take his morning shower. Mom must have been out running places or still sleeping because I haven't seen her yet.

I was loving my life.

2,013 views! Wow! Thank you guys!!! I don't get very much replies anymore... Don't know if it's because I disappeared for a while or what, but I don't know if you guys are enjoying the story! Hope you still are!
My Stories:
-----

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TheGoat

• Townie
« Reply #77 on: July 29, 2016, 01:22:41 AM »
I'm still reading religiously! I only haven't replied to the last few entries because, well, we're not supposed to clump up threads with empty comments, and since you're still in sort of expo-mode, there's not much to say, and I'm just sitting back, watching to see where you take these new developments. I've very excited to see what you come up with going forward. Keep up the good work! This thread is *always* the first thing I look at when I visit Carl's.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #78 on: July 30, 2016, 02:50:52 PM »
Me too!  This is one of my favorite stories.  I think what happens to our posting readers is they get involved in Metro's challenges, which are pretty intense, so have very little extra time for posting.  Just keep checking on how many views you've had.  Sometimes it's the only thing that keeps me going!

I love the new restaurant and the happy, love interest.  It's about time that family caught a few breaks after such a rough start.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Ally3772

• Immortal
« Reply #79 on: August 12, 2016, 11:51:04 PM »
Sophia's POV

"Babe don't forget I need to get to the cafe early tomorrow, there is a big shipment coming in and I need to make sure we have everything." I said as I pulled the covers down on the bed.

He walked in the room with his tooth brush sticking out his his mouth.

"And when is your moms birthday?" He asked.

"A few weeks."

"Are we throwing her a party?"

"No, I thought it'd be nice to just have a small dinner and cake."

He nodded as he shuffled his feet back to the bathroom.  He walked back in and we settled in bed, I grabbed my magazine as he took his phone out.

"Have I ever thanked you?" I asked.

"For what?"

"Being an amazing boyfriend, and supporting me."

"You have, but it's nice to hear that I'm taking good care of you."

"You are." I smiled and gave him a kiss.

"What are you doing princess?" Avery asked.

"Making dinner for mom tonight, I think I'm going to stay late at the cafe tonight."

"You know, I've been meaning to talk to you about something." He said, it sounded like he was hesitant to bring it up.

"What's up?"

"I know that the cafe is important to you, and I know that you've worked hard day and night to make it to where you are now. However, it seems like you are there a lot."

"Babe, you know this week has been crazy."

"I know, I- I just miss you. There has to be someone you trust there that could stop up and help."

I sighed, "Honey, there is but I just need to make sure things-"

"Go okay." He finished my sentence.

"Look, how about we go out tomorrow night? I'll make it up to you."

He smiled a little bit and nodded.

"Then it's a date." I smiled.

I gave him a kiss on the cheek before heading to the cafe. We stayed open for a decent time, business was good and we barely made it in the positives. I hoped with the new advertising and the promotions that sales would be boosted. I locked the doors and started my list of things that needed to be detail cleaned.

As I cleaned I thought about Avery. I know he means well, but this place was my baby. I've wanted this for so long and I just don't want it to go up in flames like the last one. Of course it didn't literally go up in flames, but you know what I mean.

I sighed as I scrubbed the tables. Maybe I have been ignoring him, but up until now he's seemed happy. He's never had an issue with my random late nights at the cafe. Am I unapproachable? Has he been holding it in all this time? Am I selfish for wanting this cafe to be successful? I thought that he was happy and I know he loves me and supports me, so what brought all this up?

I decided to finish up and head home. I was determined to make things up to Avery tomorrow night.

Date Night

"Wow."

"Is that a good wow?" I asked blushing.

"That is an amazing wow, you look absolutely beautiful!" Avery said.

"Oh baby!" Mom said coming into the living room.

"Mom don't cry."

"You look beautiful!" She said.

I smiled, "Thank you!"

"Now you kids don't stay out too late." She joked.

I rolled my eyes and took Avery's arm that he offered to me.

We had dinner and it was delicious. Avery had the steak and baked potato while I had the grilled chicken with cooked broccoli and and mashed potatoes.

"May I have this dance?" He asked.

"You may, as long as you don't mind me stepping on your toes." I giggled.

"Here are our drinks." He said handing me mine.

I took a sip.

"Yummy! You wanna try?" I asked.

He took a sip and nodded in agreement.

"Tonight has been amazing, and you are so beautiful."

"You always know how to make me blush."

I smiled as we broke apart. My phone went off, it was Carly from the cafe. I looked at Avery and he knew what I was going to do.

"Answer it." He said walking away.

"Avery-"

He went outside.

I sighed, "** it."

I answered it.

"Hello? Reset it, no trust me reset the computer and it will work. Okay, okay. Call tech. support if it doesn't work please, I really need the night off. Okay, bye." I hung up the phone before rushing outside.

"Avery!"

He turned around and looked upset.

"I'm sorry there was a problem."

"A problem they couldn't figure out?" He asked.

"I'll admit that was a stupid reason to call but I have to be-"

"Available at all times, I know."

"Will you stop that!"

"Stop what?!"

"Finishing my sentences like you know what I'm going to say!" I screamed.

"Because I know what you are going to say! It's the same thing over and over and over again Sophia! 'The cafe is slammed and they need me to come in.' or 'I need to work late again tonight' or 'The cafe has a big shipment and I need to go in' or 'I just want to make sure things are okay' and then you are gone for hours at time! Plus most of the time it's considered cute when couples finish each others sentences!"

"Not when you are doing it to be mean!"

"Oh I'm being mean?! How? By telling you the truth?! A relationship take two people Sophia, and I've been trying my best to make it work. I want it to work, but if things don't change I can't do this anymore! Sophia I love you, but I miss you! I barely see you and when I do you are always tired! I just wanted one night with you! One uninterrupted night!"

"It was uninterrupted for the most part!"

"For the most part doesn't count."

"So because that one phone call that took two seconds that means the entire night has been ruined?!"

"You aren't understanding what I'm saying."

"God Avery I do! Okay! I do! But do you understand that I also need to keep the cafe running?! Do you understand that my mother put her dreams aside so that I can have mine?! I can't fail her! I can't fail this cafe!"

"I do understand that, I do. But I also understand that it's very possible to get someone to help. A partner whom you trust. You don't have to do this alone."

"Avery."

"I'm done. I can't keep having the same conversation that turns into us screaming at each other."

I hadn't realized that the sun was starting to come up already. It felt like ages that we were standing outside arguing. He shook his head and started to walk home. It was an awkward walk, thankfully a short one though. I started to walk up the stairs but noticed he stopped.

"Are you coming?" I asked.

"There's a hotel downtown, they have some rooms available."

I looked at him before walking down the steps.

"What are you saying?" I asked.

"I think it's best if I move out, I don't know for how long. I just can't do this anymore Sophia. I think we should take a break from each other."

My eyes went wide, "What?!"

"Please don't make this harder, I love you and I always will I just need some time."

"How did this happen?!" I asked starting to cry, "How did a perfect date night end with us breaking up?!"

"I'm sorry."

I started to cry.

"Sophia-"

"Just go!" I screamed before running in the house.

"Sophia?" Mom asked as I ran passed her and into my room.

I flung myself on the bed and cried into my pillow. I heard a soft knock before mom gently laid down next to me.

"He broke up with me, he's moving into some hotel!" I sobbed.

"Oh honey."

"Stay with me? Until I fall asleep?"

"I wouldn't dream of leaving you."

A Few Weeks Later

I groaned as I came from the bathroom.

"We tried." Mom said.

"I don't know why I can't keep anything down." I said sitting at the island in the kitchen.

"You need to go see a doctor."

"No, I'm fine."

"Soph, you have been sick multiple times a day for the past few weeks."

"I'm fine." I told her.

"You don't look-"

Before she could finish her sentence I was already half way to the bathroom and throwing up again. I wiped my mouth as I flushed the toilet. Once I brushed my teeth I went to lay down in bed. I hugged my stomach while wishing that the nausea would go away. I must have caught a bug from the cafe. My eyes suddenly snapped open as I suddenly realized something. I darted from the bed and to the nearest calendar. I pointed and scanned before I gasped and covered my mouth.

"Crap."

Bum bum bummmmm. Cliffhanger =P
My Stories:
-----

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #80 on: August 13, 2016, 07:44:33 AM »
Excellent cliffhanger Ally.  Interesting twist.  Poor Sophia... dumped and pregnant.  Avery didn't deserve Sophia if he couldn't make allowances for her dreams.  Dreams change over time and he wasn't prepared to either support Sophia in hers or wait til Sophia changed her priorities.
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Offline Ally3772

• Immortal
« Reply #81 on: August 14, 2016, 11:39:06 PM »
This will probably be one of my random only text updates!

Alyssa's POV

I closed my eyes as I rocked my baby. We sat in the middle of her bed surrounded by bunched up tissues full of her tears. She sobbed so hard into my shoulder that my whole body shook.

"Shhh." I soothed.

She let out a wail of pain.

"Baby it's okay."

"N-N-No it w- w- won't!"

"Will you please tell me what's wrong?" I asked.

"No! You'll be mad!"

"I won't! I promise."

"No!" She wailed.

I decided not to push her any further, she'd tell me when she was ready. I stroked her hair softly and just held her. We had to have been here for a few hours. Within the next hour she managed to clam down and eventually cried herself to sleep. I gently pulled the covers back, tissues and all, and laid her down. I kissed her forehead before quickly gathering the tissues and throwing them out. I quietly shut the lights off and left her room. No matter how old she is, she would always be my baby.

Sophia's POV- A Week Before

"Mom I'm home."

I walked into the kitchen.

"Mom?"

I walked to the fridge to check for notes:

Sophia,
Went to the store,
be home for supper
Love, mom

Crash

I turned around, I walked slowly to my room and jumped when I saw someone standing there.

"Avery?" I asked.

He turned around and looked at me. I must have looked like a bum. I had sweatpants on and a hoodie, my hair was in a messy bun and I didn't have any makeup on.

"I-I um, just came to get the rest of my things." He said.

He continued to put things into a suitcase.

"Oh, how did you get in?" I asked.

"Your mom was leaving as I knocked on the door, she let me in."

I nodded.

"She said you wouldn't be home til later."

"I came home early."

"I see that."

I bit my lip as he closed the suitcase.

"Well, I'll be leaving now." He said.

"Avery-"

He just looked at me and walked out of the house.

"Sophia."

I looked up with a handful of popcorn in my hand.

"How about we go for a walk today?" Mom said.

"No thank you."

I went back to watching a documentary on unsolved criminal cases.

"It might be nice, you know, to get out of the house. This is the first time in a while that you haven't been sick."

"I'm fine."

She sighed and left the room. I looked at the door for a moment before continuing eating popcorn and moping.

A Few Days Later

I took a deep breath as I looked around the room. The walls were a pale yellow with informative posters scattered around the room. The floor was a blue tile that actually clashed with the yellow walls. A metal tray of tools and supplies sat by the wall with the sink. I picked at my white gown as I kicked my feet. There was a knock on the door and I looked up, my breath hitching.

"Sophia Haystings?"

I smiled as Dr. Sawyer entered the room holding a file folder.

"So doc, what's the verdict." I asked nervously.

She pulled up a stool and sat down.

"It turns out that you are pregnant."

My eyes opened wide and instantly filled with tears.

"Now you have options." She said pulling out several colorful brochures.

I looked at them: Keeping Your Baby, Adoption, and Abortion. I shook my head and took out the abortion one and handed it back to her.

"This is the route you want to go?" She asked.

"No! I mean I don't need that one." I said.

"Okay, is the father in the picture?"

"No." I said as my voice cracked and a tear slid down my cheek.

"Sophia, take time to process this. You have time to decide what you really want to do. If you decide to keep it then I can point you in the right direction of a support group for single parents."

From there on I just stared at her. Single parent. It was like she was underwater, or maybe I was, anyway I couldn't breathe. My world was just turned upside down and it felt like I couldn't wake up from this nightmare.

"Sophia?"

"What? Sorry."

She smiled, "Go home and take some time and call whenever you decide and I will help you in whatever way I can."

"Thank you."

I paced the kitchen and waited for mom to get home.

"Stop crying." I growled as I wiped more tears from my cheeks.

"Sophia?" Mom said.

I turned around, the look on her face was a look of concern.

"Mama." I whimpered.

I ran into her arms and cried in her shoulder.

"Honey, what's wrong?" She asked.

"I'm pregnant mama." I cried.

"What?"

She pulled me away and looked shock.

"Oh baby..."

"I'm pregnant and alone and I'm scared!"

She pulled me into a hug.

"You aren't alone, we will get through this together."

I sat on my bed with the adoption and keeping the baby pamphlets in front of me. I was sitting cross legged and just staring at them like one would just pop up and make the right decision for me. The thought of being someone's mom thrilled me, and it wasn't like I couldn't give him or her anything they needed. I had money and a... well a room. The only logical reason for adoption would be so that he or she would have a mother and a father. Something that I clearly couldn't give him or her.

"I don't know what the right choice is." I whispered.

I pushed them off the bed and covered my face. My phone went off, the cafe again. I slipped into a depression after Avery left which in turn led me to losing any interest in the cafe. My dream shattered along with the love of my life walking away. Mom did her best trying to keep it running, she hired a manager to look over the cafe and to help out. I sighed and hit ignore. I got off the bed and picked up a brochure. This was my decision.

Alyssa's POV

I closed my eyes as I rocked my baby. We sat in the middle of her bed surrounded by bunched up tissues full of her tears. She sobbed so hard into my shoulder that my whole body shook.

"Shhh." I soothed.

She let out a wail of pain.

"Baby it's okay."

"N-N-No it w- w- won't!"

"Will you please tell me what's wrong?" I asked.

"No! You'll be mad!"

"I won't! I promise."

"No!" She wailed.

I decided not to push her any further, she'd tell me when she was ready. I stroked her hair softly and just held her. We had to have been here for a few hours. Within the next hour she managed to clam down and eventually cried herself to sleep. I gently pulled the covers back, tissues and all, and laid her down. I kissed her forehead before quickly gathering the tissues and throwing them out. I quietly shut the lights off and left her room. No matter how old she is, she would always be my baby.

I walked over to the kitchen counter and picked up a brochure with a sticky note on it. 'Call the doctor about my decision' I looked at it funny before peeling the sticky note off. I gasped as I read the word in bold print: Adoption.

Hopefully you guys weren't too bored without pictures! I just felt like writing! =]
My Stories:
-----

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #82 on: August 15, 2016, 04:41:29 PM »
Well Sophia adoption's the easy route to go down financially, but emotionally... I don't think you're up for that.  Great update Ally.

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
3. The Lady of the Lake

Offline Ally3772

• Immortal
« Reply #83 on: August 16, 2016, 01:19:37 AM »
Sophia's POV

I yawned as I walked out of my room.

"Good morning." Mom said.

"Morning."

I sat at the island as she poured me a glass of milk. I smiled as she handed it to me.

"Feeling better?" She asked.

"Yeah, sorry about that."

"Honey, never apologize for that. I'm here for you."

I smiled.

"Sophia." She said.

"Yes mama?"

She opened up the drawer by the fridge and took out something.

"What's this?" She asked.

I took the brochure about adoption.

"I've decided that the best option for this baby is to put it up for adoption." I told her.

"May I ask why?" She asked.

I sighed, "Because, this baby deserves two parents that will love him or her. I cannot provide that."

She sat down next to me and took my hands.

"I can see where you are coming from. Let me ask you something though."

I looked at her.

"Were you happy as a child?"

"Of course!"

"Were you effected at all by only having one parent?"

"In some ways yes, but you made up for it."

"How?"

"By loving me, and putting your needs last."

"Sophia, would you love this baby? If you kept it?"

"Of course!" I asked, I was starting to get emotional.

She smiled at me.

"Baby, if adoption is what you truly want to do then I will back you up. However, keep in mind that I raised you alone. I won't like it's hard and I wished for a better life for you. Would I do it again? In a heart beat. I wanted you for so long that in the end it didn't matter if your so called father was involved. There's something else you are forgetting though."

"What?"

"You and this baby won't be alone because you'll have me as long as I live."

I smiled and cried at the same time.

"Don't cry." She whispered wiping my tears away.

"Promise you'll think about it."

I nodded.

"This has to be the stupidest movie out there." I laughed.

"Zombies don't run!" Mom commented.

"Why are we even watching this?"

"It's the only thing on that looked interesting."

I shook my head.

We watched the movie through til the end.

"That movie made no sense. The director was confused." I giggled.

I looked at the date and gasped, "Mom!"

"What?! Are you okay?! Is it the baby?!"

"No! Mom! It's your birthday! Why didn't you remind me! You know my memory is bad!"

"Oh honey, don't fuss over me."

"Of course I'm going to fuss over you!"

I quickly got up and rushed to the kitchen. I pulled out the ingredients that I needed to make her a nice dinner. It took an hour but I finally finished a nice fish dinner. We had a nice quiet meal together.

"Honey, what are you going to do about the cafe?" She asked.

"I don't know. I want to keep it going. I just don't have the inspiration or motivation to do it anymore. I don't want to let you down though."

"You could never let me down. Do whatever makes you happy baby girl."

I nodded.

After dinner I baked a coconut cake and put some candles on it.

"Mom! Cake time!"

She smiled walking in.

"Make a wish!"

I helped pick her new outfit. It took some convincing because she insisted that it made her look like a grandma. I made her cry when I told her she was a grandma, hinting that I may be changing my mind.

"I would like to make a toast." Mom said.

I smiled at her.

"To the future, may it bring happiness and love. To my future grandchild, I hope he or she is happy whether you keep him or her or adopt. Finally, to my beautiful daughter, may you know you are loved no matter what path you take in life."

"Thank you mama." I said kissing her cheek.

I walked out of the clinic with a sonogram picture of the baby in hand. I had to admit I wanted to be his or her mother, I want to be a mom. Mom's words were stuck in my head and I was starting to believe that maybe I could do this alone. I was so busy looking at the picture that I accidentally bumped into someone as I walked outside. The picture and the papers I was holding fell to the ground.

"Oh! I'm so sorry! I'm so clumsy lately!" I said as I bent down.

The person quickly helped me pick up my papers, they grabbed the sonogram and looked at it. It was only then I looked up to see who it was and I made eye contact with the last person I thought I'd see today.

"Avery." I whispered.

His mouth fell open slowly as we stood up.

"Wha- You're coming out of a clinic and hav- Are you pregnant?" He gaped.

It was like he saw a ghost.

"I didn't know how to tell you."

He was struggling with what to say.

"Avery, I know this is a shock trust me. We didn't plan this to happen. I decided today that I'm going to keep the baby instead of putting it up for adoption. Of course you have every right to be in this child's life, but if you don't want to be then I'm fully prepared for being a single parent."

"Wow this is a lot. Um, wow. What about the cafe?"

"I haven't worked since we broke up."

He looked shocked. He was still holding the picture and he looked at it for a little bit.

"So, you're pregnant."

"It would appear so." I said smiling a little bit.

He scratched the back of his head, "Can I have some time? To process this?"

"Of course."

He nodded, he gave me a small smile and turned around. I was about to ask for my picture of the baby back before I realized that he was staring at it while walking. I smiled feeling a sense of hope.

"Okay." I whispered before heading to the car.

Could there still be hope for Avery and Sophia? And will she keep the baby? Hmmm.. Thanks for reading! =D
My Stories:
-----

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #84 on: August 16, 2016, 05:00:02 PM »
Well Sophia, you have a lot to process too.  Sophia doesn't need Avery, but does she still want him?  Great update Ally.

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
3. The Lady of the Lake

Offline Ally3772

• Immortal
« Reply #85 on: August 17, 2016, 12:11:04 AM »
Sophia's POV

"Soph! I made grilled cheese!"

I walked into the kitchen, she handed me my plate as I sat down. I have been craving grilled cheese and it's all I've been eating since.

I chewed and then slowly stopped.

"Sophia?" Mom asked seeing the weird look on my face.

"Oh god!"

I got up so fast that my chair flew and fell over. I dashed to the bathroom and threw up everything that I had ate this morning.

I groaned.

"I guess the baby isn't liking the grilled cheese sandwiches anymore." Mom said handing me a cup of water.

I smiled a little as I took it and used it to wash my mouth out.

"Let me go make something that may calm your stomach. It worked for me when I was pregnant with you."

I walked out of the bathroom and sat on the couch in the study. Mom walked back in with a bowl of yogurt and handed it to me.

"Yogurt?"

"Don't ask, it worked with you."

"Mom!" I screamed.

She ran in the bathroom.

"WHAT?! What is it?!"

"The baby! He or she is kicking!" I gasped, tears running down my face.

"What?!" She beamed.

"Feel!"

"Oh my god!" She gasped.

She hugged me tightly and pulled away with a smile on her face.

"I'm doing this." I said.

"Doing what?" She asked me.

"I'm keeping this baby mom."

Alyssa's POV

I was washing dishes in the kitchen thinking about how I was going to be a grandma. She was keeping the baby and I couldn't be happier. I heard the door bell ring, I looked over my shoulder and dried my hands before rushing to get the door before it woke Sophia up. I opened up the door quickly.

"Avery?"

"Hello Ms. Haystings."

"Come in!"

He walked in awkwardly. We walked into the living room and stood in silence for a moment.

"I know I hurt her. I'm not proud of that, believe me I'm not. I don't even know the right thing to say, I just know that I want to be in my child's life. Whether Sophia and I are together or not. We have a long road a head of us and a lot to talk about but I'm willing to try." He explained.

"She's sleeping right now Avery. She hasn't been feeling well and she needs her rest."

"I know, can I just- can I just wait for her?"

"As long as you want."

He nodded before heading into her room.

Sophia's POV

I took a deep breath before I realized that I wasn't alone. I slowly opened my eyes and waited for my eyes to adjust to my surroundings.

"Avery?" I asked.

"I want to do this." He said.

I looked at him.

"I know we have a lot to work through. I'm not proud of what I did, but I wanted to be in a relationship with someone."

"Avery stop. I know okay, we both messed up. Maybe we were rushing too fast."

"Or maybe I need to learn that it wasn't right to try to destroy your dream." He said cutting me off.

I looked at the floor.

"All I know is I want to be here for you and the baby. Our baby." He said.

My eyes filled with tears. I knew we had a lot to work through and that this didn't solve everything. I couldn't shake the feeling though. I looked into his eyes and I felt the same butterflies that I felt the day he walked into the cafe. I felt the same way I did when he kissed me the first time. I knew he was the one, with every fiber of my being. I couldn't imagine a life without him and the thought of that being the outcome scared me. I covered my mouth and started to cry.

"Sophia?!"

I sobbed into my hands.

"Soph, baby." He asked, a scared look on his face.

He got off the bed and knelt in front of me.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"I need you." I cried.

I looked up at him, he didn't say anything just pulled me down into his arms.

"I'm right here." He whispered.

I cried into his arms as we sat on the floor.

"I'm right here and I'm not going anywhere."

"Promise?"

"I promise baby."

A Few Weeks Later

We decided to go to couples therapy and work out our issues. I agreed to continue the cafe, but cut down on my hours. It wouldn't be hard because I had already hired a general manager to run things and help me. Avery agreed to sit down and talk to me if anything bothered him instead of bottling it up. We were a team and soon to be parents and we needed to work together. We also agreed on taking things slowly and not rushing into anything or any decision.

"Babe, I have a doctors appointment next week." I told Avery.

"I'll mark it on the calendar."

"Also, we have our last therapy session next week too."

"Okay."

I laid in bed and rubbed my belly. He was trying to assemble the new bassinet that mom got for us.

"I have to admit something to you." I said out of no where.

"Okay, I'm listening." He said.

"I almost put the baby up for adoption." I said.

He looked at me.

"I'm glad you didn't."

"You aren't mad?"

"No, because I know you and I know you would be doing it for the benefit of our child."

I nodded.

"Argh!"

"What?"

"This stupid screw won't go in!"

I giggled at his frustration.

"You think that's funny?!"

"Yes."

"I'll show you funny!" He growled.

He quickly got up and "attacked" me. I screamed as he kissed me all over my face before giving me one last one on my lips.

"I love you." He said.

"I love you more."

"If you say so."

He smiled and went back to his project.

"Avery feel!" I gasped.

"Wow! The baby is really kicking!" He gasped.

"Ow!" I shrieked as he or she did a rib shot.

"Hi baby, I'm your daddy!"

I smiled as he stood up straight.

"Come here beautiful." He said.

Hope that didn't feel rushed!!!
My Stories:
-----

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #86 on: August 17, 2016, 04:05:28 PM »
Well I do hope things work out for Sophia and Avery.  But knowing you Ally, I doubt it.   ;)

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
3. The Lady of the Lake

Offline Ally3772

• Immortal
« Reply #87 on: August 17, 2016, 06:21:33 PM »
Sophia's POV

I huffed.

"What's wrong?" Avery asked.

It was a question he had grown used to asking me whenever I fussed.

"I want it out."

"Want what out?"

"The baby, take it out."

I saw him hold back a laugh.

"Baby, I can't just take it out. It has to be ready to come out and then I'm afraid you'll have to do all the work."

I grumbled.

"Not much longer my love."

I grumbled more before getting off the bed.

"Where are you going?"

"To make some food, might as well keeping getting fat. I'm going to be fat for the rest of my life you know!" I snipped.

He was smart enough not to touch that one.

"Seriously?!"

Avery rushed in.

"What's wrong?!"

"Look how big I'm getting!" I shrieked pointing to myself in the mirror.

"Honey, you are beautiful."

"Stop saying that!"

"Well you are!"

"I'm a cow! A big fat cow!"

I started crying.

"Come here."

I sniffled into his shoulder and he hugged me.

"It'll be okay." He told me.

"I want it out."

"I know."

A Couple Weeks Later

"Won't me much longer now." Avery said.

I smiled.

"Sophia?"

Mom came walking up to us.

"I'm going to the cafe there seems to be a problem."

"Problem?" I asked.

"Yeah, nothing I can't handle. Go a head and have dinner without me, I'll pick something up on the way home."

"Nonsense, I'll save you a plate. But mom maybe I should go."

"No!" Avery and mom said at the same time.

"Honey, you need to stay home and relax. I promise I have this, and I will let you know how things go."

"Okay."

Avery kissed my forehead and smiled.

I looked at the clock, it was a little past midnight and mom was still not home.

"Avery, mom should be home by now."

"I'm sure she is fine, you know how it gets at the cafe."

"Maybe."

He hugged me and reassured me that it was going to be okay.

"OUCH!" I screamed.

I was hit with a pain so bad that I started to fall to my knees.

"Sophia!" Avery gasped as he caught me and helped me stand back up.

"Ow!" I cried.

"What is it?" He asked.

"I think the baby's coming!"

Sure enough my water broke the second I finished the sentence.

"Okay, okay. Everything is okay!" Avery said.

I took a deep breath before another pain came.

He took me by the hands and looked me in the eyes.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"It hurts." I told him.

"Do you want to go to the hospital?" He asked.

"No. I want to do this here."

"Then let's have a baby." He smiled.

After many painful contractions and hours later, we finally had a baby.

"It's a girl!" I cried.

Avery hugged me from the side and looked at his daughter.

"A girl." He whispered, his eyes were watery.

"What should we name her?" I asked looking at him.

"How about Ellie?"

"After your grandmother?" I asked.

He nodded.

"I love it." I said giving him a kiss.

The phone rang breaking up our moment of happiness. I became sad as I realized mom missed this, but I couldn't wait til she got home! What a surprise she would walk into! I smiled down at Ellie telling her that her grandmother was going to love her. Avery walked in, and the expression on his face was enough to make my heart stop.

"Babe?" I asked.

"It's your mom... There's been an accident."

Welcome Ellie!
My Stories:
-----

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #88 on: August 18, 2016, 09:18:20 AM »
Jeez Ally.  You're a shocker for cliffhangers!  Welcome Ellie.  Poor Alyssa not only misses the occasion but is involved in some sort of accident at the restaurant.  I hope she is okay?

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
3. The Lady of the Lake

Offline Ally3772

• Immortal
« Reply #89 on: August 25, 2016, 03:35:53 PM »
Avery's POV

"Can I get you anything?" I asked Sophia.

She shook her head.

"Okay."

She was on the couch in sweat pants and a tank top. She was blankly staring at the TV while hugging her knees. I walked into the kitchen just as the phone rang.

"Hello? Yeah, no. It's the same. Yeah, look I know the cafe is important. I'm sorry but right now you are just going to have to handle it. I don't- I don't know for how long. She just went through something horrible. I'm sorry. Yeah, you too."

I hung up and slammed the phone on the counter. I warmed up a bottle and headed into the room to feed Ellie.

"Hey baby girl." I said picking her up and sitting on the bed.

I walked into our room to find Sophia putting our things into boxes.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"What does it look like?"

"I know what it looks like, but why are you doing it?"

"We're moving."

I just looked at her.

"Sophia, please."

"NO! Do not tell me I'm over reacting and do not tell me I need to take some time to process this."

"Soph-"

"My mother is dead. Do you understand that? Some idiot in a car decided not to stop and now my mother is dead. Ellie will never know her grandmother. I cannot stay in this house another minute. Now you can help or you can stay here but Ellie is coming with me."

I knew better then to push her when she was in this mood. It's been a couple months and her moods were still unpredictable. I just helped her put things into boxes.

A Week Later

A week alter we were all moved into our new little house. I walked into the living room and handed Sophia a glass of water before sitting down.

"I'm sorry I've been so moody." She whispered.

"Do not apologize, I can only imagine how painful this is for you."

"Is everything okay with the cafe?"

"They can handle it."

She nodded.

"How are you feeling?" I asked Sophia.

"I'm doing a bit better."

"I love you for everything you've done for me throughout this whole process." She told me.

I took her hands, "I would never leave you at a time like this."

She kissed me.

Our moment was interrupted by Ellie crying.

"I got her." Sophia said.

Sophia's POV

"It's okay baby girl."

"Your grandmother would have loved you." I whispered to her.

I bounced her as she looked up at me.

"She would've given you everything you ever needed and wanted. She was a strong woman and I know that she will be with you for your whole life."

I put Ellie back into her bassinet and walked into the living room.

"Is she okay?" Avery asked from the kitchen.

"Yeah, she's just fussy."

I grabbed a book and sat on the couch.

"What do you want to do for dinner?" Avery asked.

"Maybe we could just order a pizza." I suggested.

"I'll call right now, mushroom and pepperoni?" He asked.

"Yeah!"

He placed the order and hung up. Ellie began to cry again, I started to close my book and get up but Avery wouldn't let me. I smiled as I watched him go into the nursery. He really has been an amazing boyfriend through all this and I was thankful that he came back to us. If it wasn't for him and Ellie then... Who knows what would've happened.

He walked back into the living room after getting her quieted.

"Is she okay?" I asked.

"Yep, she was hungry this time."

I smiled as the door bell rang.

"Pizza time!" He said grabbing the money and answering the door.

I stood up and followed him into the kitchen.

I could feel life slowly starting to get back to normal.

Kind of a blah chapter. But RIP Alyssa </3 =[
My Stories:
-----

anything