Author Topic: Finding Happiness *Complete*  (Read 39613 times)

Offline Ally3772

• Immortal
Re: Finding Happiness
« Reply #60 on: May 13, 2016, 12:41:49 AM »
"Sophia?"

I walked into the room, she was sitting on her bed hugging her knees and staring out the window.

"Soph?"

"What?" She asked not looking away from the window.

"I'm headed to the shop, you want to join me?"

"No."

I looked at her, something was wrong, she had tear streaks down her cheeks where tears were.

"Everything okay?"

"It's fine."

"Honey-"

"I'm fine."

"Call the shop, if you want to talk."

She said nothing. I closed her door and headed to work.

Back to the shop. I worked at my normal job during the week and ran the shop during the weekend. Things were going great! I had a few problems with the employees slacking off a little, but generally they were good about getting back on track.

Customers seemed to love the wide variety of stuff I had in the store. I continued to get comments about how I was the only store in the area to have a mixture of things. It made me feel like I was doing something right.

The way things were going I was taking home about a thousand or more a day during the weekend. That's two thousand each weekend! If I could keep that up then Sophia and I were golden. Sophia. I was worried about her, she seemed a little upset this morning. Normally she's out of her room and ready to face the day but not this morning. I had to focus on the store though because if I focused on Sophia I would break down and cry.

"I'm home." I announced.

I walked into the kitchen.

"I'm thinking a nice salad for dinner." I said.

Sophia's door was open so I knew she could hear me however there wasn't an answer. I set the lettuce on the counter before getting the cutting board out.

"How about a movie after dinner?"

I looked at her door, I sighed before walking over to her room.

"Sophia?"

She was at her desk staring at her homework.

"Baby?"

"What?"

"You want to watch a movie after dinner."

"No, and I'm not hungry. I just want to be alone."

"Is there something wrong?"

"Can you please just leave me alone? I want to be alone!" She snapped.

My eyes went wide, "Okay."

I closed her door and went back to the kitchen. I grabbed the knife and began chopping the lettuce up.

"Ouch!" I hissed.

I pulled my finger back as the blood started to run down my arm.

"Shoot!"

I ran to the sink and ran water over it before grabbing a towel and applying pressure. I covered my mouth with my other hand and began to sob into it silently. Something was wrong with my baby.

A Few Weeks Later...

"Yeah and if you come by next weekend we are having a clearance on all electronics!"

"That's awesome, thank you."

I smiled and handed her the receipt before going to check out the next customer.

"Excuse me, is there any way you can lower the price on this?"

I looked over at some teenage girl, I called Eric over to finish up with this customer so I could go deal with her. I walked over and looked at the perfume set that she was referring too.

"I'm sorry, but all prices are final." I told her.

She snorted, "All I'm asking is for a deal."

"And I told you that I can't do that."

"Whatever, this shop is stupid anyway. I've never seen a more run down and cheap place in my life. This is probably where that disgusting girl Sophia shops. Come on girls." She said motioning to her minions.

She was gone before I could even stop her.

"We're closed." I blurted out.

"But-"

"We're closed. Please leave." I said rushing to the register to close the store down.

"Sophia!" I screamed.

I ran in the house. I ran into her room to find it empty.

"Sophia Grace!"

I checked every room in the house but couldn't find her. I ran outside and down the steps into the side yard.

"Sophia!"

"Soph-"

I stopped when I saw her on the ground. She was hugging her knees and rocking as she sobbed.

"Sophia!" I gasped.

I fell to my knees and held her.

"I tried to make it stop. I tried, but it just made it worse." She cried.

"What are you talking about?"

"These girls. They've been- they've been bullying me."

I pulled her to her feet and waited as she collected herself some.

"Tell me everything."

"Like what mom?! Like how it's been torture to walk those halls? Like how the girls have spread these nasty rumors about how I've done things? Things I don't want to repeat?! Like how they tell me dad left because he knew what a horrible person I'd be?! I did nothing to these girls mom! NOTHING."

"We'll go to the principal!" I snapped.

"Why? So they can add tattle tail to the list?!"

"We can't just let them get away with this Sophia!"

"I don't want to go back mom!"

"You have to go to school Sophia, I'm sorry but you do! We have to do something though, this has to stop!"

"Mom please! Please do not make me go back there!"

She sobbed into her hands.

"Okay. Okay, look. Here's what we will do. We will go to the principal tomorrow and tell him what happened-"

"Mom!"

"Listen. We will tell him what happened so he's aware of them doing these things. Then we will collect your files and we will remove you from the school. There's another school we can try, it's a little farther away but the bus should get you there."

"Really?!"

"I can't make you any promises, but I will do my best."

"Thank you mama."

"Baby, I'm so sorry this happened."

I pulled her into a hug.

"If this ever happens again, you tell me right away. Do not hide in your room and deal with it yourself. Understand?" I told her.

"Yes mama."

"Good."

Hey, sorry for the wait! I hope you don't hate me! Enjoy the update! =]
My Stories:
Figuring It Out / Something to Hide *Complete*
-----
It's just a spark, but it's enough to keep me going.
And when it's dark out, no one's around, it keeps glowing. <3

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #61 on: May 13, 2016, 08:13:33 AM »
I like how you're not afraid to tackle some controversial issues like bullying.  Poor Sophia.  I know exactly how she feels.  I'm interested in reading how you resolve this. 
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #62 on: May 18, 2016, 04:13:48 AM »
Just got caught up and WOW!  Just, WOW.  It particularly hit home here as I recently had a beautiful daughter going through the same kind of crap at her school, so here I am crying for Sophia and my own.  She's done now, so it's over but there are scars.  I love your writing.  Amazing.  Beautiful.  Moving.  Just, wow.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Ally3772

• Immortal
« Reply #63 on: June 08, 2016, 03:54:06 PM »
"So, I know what I want to be." Sophia said sitting on my bed.

"Yeah?"

"I want to make a difference, bring people together. What better way to do that then food? Food brings families together for everyday meals and holidays. So I want to open my own restaurant!"

"Really?! That's amazing!"

"I'm going to go practice my kitchen skills! I want to be able to do everything in my restaurant."

So the weeks flew by and Sophia cooked breakfast and dinner, she spent so much time in the kitchen that I almost forgot I had a daughter. She was excited though and I was happy for her. I just hoped that I could come up with the money for her own restaurant. As a parent all you want to do is make your child happy and healthy and when you can't do the happy part it makes you feel like the worst person in the world.

"Sophia I'm home!"

"In the kitchen!"

"How was your day?" I asked.

"Good, I'm making dinner."

"Smells delicious."

I sat at the table with the stack of bills and sighed.

"We're going to have to push the house payment back again. The store took a little bit more money then usual in restock fees."

"That's okay."

I looked at her as she happily cooked. How was I going to make her dream come true?

"Sorry to keep you waiting Ms. Haystings."

I smiled as the man in the suit sat down at his desk.

"Well, after the evaluation and the inspection of your store I have came up with a few figures for us to discuss."

"Good ones I hope."

He smiled as he opened up a brown folder.

"Now, here is the very lowest price." He said pointing to a number.

"Wow. That's a big number."

"Now, may I ask why you want to sell your store? It's doing so well."

"My daughter wants to own her own restaurant some day and with the way things are going I won't have enough saved for her. I'm getting older and soon won't be able to keep up with the store. So I would rather sell now and have her be able to get her dream then keep going with the store and see her dreams shatter. She pushed me to pursue my dream so I want to return the favor."

"Does she know you are here today?"

"She does not. She's at school."

"I see. Well, I think we can shoot for a higher price. But this lower number is the lowest we will go. Does that sound okay to you?"

"It sounds perfect."

He pulled out a pen from the holder and handed it to me.

"I just need a few signatures from you."

I decided not to tell Sophia about the store yet, I didn't even know if anyone would be interested in it. I thought I would wait about a week and tell her when they put the for sale sign up. I knew she'd beg me not to do it and that she'd find a way to get her store but she shouldn't have to do that. She spent most of her days researching how to own a business and taking pointers from me. She'd come with me to the shop every once in a while and take notes.

When she wasn't researching things for her restaurant she was learning how to garden and grow her own fresh vegetables and fruit. She wanted only fresh food in her restaurant, nothing processed. I was impressed by her determination with this, but then again I wasn't because I could see it from day one. Her strength and determination was inspiring and I hoped that everyone who meets her can learn from her.

Sorry it's been so long!!! I'm going to try to get better at this! =P Life and such.
My Stories:
-----

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #64 on: June 08, 2016, 05:23:20 PM »
I think Alyssa can be a huge part of Sophia's dream of a restaurant in more ways than just the bankroll.  Alyssa has retail skills that could translate really well to a restaurant.  Alyssa would be an excellent maître d' or even as a useful kitchenhand.  They could make it a family enterprise.  I would love to see that.  :D

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
3. The Lady of the Lake

Offline chetanhaobijam

• Chet for short
  • Immortal
« Reply #65 on: June 08, 2016, 10:02:57 PM »
It was good for Alyssa supporting her daughter's dream of opening a restaurant. And looks like Sophie is working very hard on it. Best of luck to Alyssa and Sophie and I can't wait to see the restaurant in action.
Chetan's Designs(my Sims3 Creations)

Offline Ally3772

• Immortal
« Reply #66 on: June 14, 2016, 11:58:51 PM »
"No, I need those to go over to table two!"

"Right away."

I smiled as I headed to the table where people just sat down.

"Good evening and welcome to Tree Hill Cafe! My name is Alyssa and I am the owner, so if there are any issues feel free to flag me over and I hope that you enjoy your meal!"

"Thank you!" The lady smiled.

I walked into the kitchen and looked around smiling. It's been a month since we opened and everything has been smoothing out. Sophia was a little upset about me selling the store at first, but she was grateful. I bought the restaurant in my name, but put down that once I passed away or was ready to hand it down that it was to go to Sophia. It was her restaurant after all. She helped design it and create the menu and work uniforms. She was here with me almost daily and nothing made me happier than seeing her eyes light up with excitement as each customer walked through the door. We were fully staffed with a hostess, two chefs, and two waiters/waitresses. Each were being trained to become better at their jobs and were given raises as I see fit.

"You are doing amazing, I really love your attitude and enthusiasm with the guests! Make sure you greet them all with a smile and they will come back!"

"Yes Sophia." The hostess smiled.

"I'm so glad you work for us."

"I am too."

I smiled as my daughter continued to talk.

"Sophia? What are you doing?"

She looked up.

"Oh! I have to make sure our guests are getting the proper care while here. So I am having the staff treat me like a normal customer instead of the owners daughter/future owner."

"Smart idea!"

"It's not that I don't trust them, I just want to be able to experience what our customers do so I know how to better serve them later on."

"You know, I forget sometimes just how smart and talented you are. I would bring a notebook with you next time so you can just jot down some ideas. I'll ask the kitchen staff if they don't mind you being in there next week so you can get an idea of what happens behind the doors."

"Thanks mom!"

I turned around and entered one of those movie sequences where everything slows down into slow motion and the volume mutes. I looked at who was entering the restaurant. Anthony smiled as he was greeted by the hostess, he looked over and took the arm of whoever the blonde girl in the short dress was. I watched as they were led to the table when my heart stopped completely.

"Daddy! Daddy!"

A little boy was following them, he must have been two or three.

"Here's our table buddy!" Anthony said picking him up in his arms and kissing his cheek.

I spun around to see Sophia standing, the tears fell from her eyes.

"Sophia-"

She brushed passed me and ran into the bathrooms. I handed the stack of menus I had to the nearest waitress and ran after her. She was on the ground crying in her hands.

"Sophia."

I managed to get her on her feet and pulled her in a hug, she was so upset that she was shaking.

"Why... Why... Why doesn't he want me?!" She sobbed.

I didn't know how to answer that so I just rubbed her back and fought my own tears.

"Why did he come here? Why is he with that... girl and why wasn't I enough?"

"Sophia Grace Haystings. You are more than enough! I never want to hear those words come out of your mouth again! I know this is painful, and I wish you didn't have to go through this, but I promise you that he will never be allowed to come here again."

"Why doesn't he want to know me? Why doesn't he want to be in my life?"

"Because money is more important to him then love. That's why I keep telling myself to stop the pain of knowing he didn't want you. It kills me to say that, but I want you to know anything you want too about your father."

The bathroom door opened and the blonde girl walked in, she stopped and looked at us.

"Is she okay?" She asked me.

I glared at her.

"She's perfectly fine." I half growled.

I took a tissue and wiped the tears from Sophia's face.

"He didn't tell you did he?" Sophia said out of no where.

"Sophia-" I warned.

"Excuse me?"

"He didn't tell you who I am, did he? Your husband? Anthony Smith?"

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"I'm his daughter. The one he left behind, the one he decided wasn't worth his time. Be careful, it's only a matter of time until he does the same to you and that boy."

"Listen here you little-"

"No, you listen!" I hissed stepping in between them, "That's my daughter you are talking too, and he may not care about her but I do and I will not let some blonde call her names. So I suggest that you go back to your dinner before I ask you to leave."

She snorted and walked out of the bathroom. I turned back around and looked at Sophia.

"As much as it hurts to see him choose them over us mom, I wouldn't have it any other way." She said.

I smiled and hugged her.

"It is just stunning in here."

"Thank you, my daughter did a lot of the designing."

"She has great taste."

I smiled.

"Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you."

"I don't care if she caught on fire! We have been waiting for over half an hour for our dessert!" An angry customer said from across the room.

I walked over.

"What seems to be the problem?"

"We have been waiting for our dessert for over half an hour! This is crazy!"

"I am so sorry for your wait, I will go in their right away to see what the hold up is. Also, your meal and your dessert is on the house tonight for the inconvenience that we caused you two." I told them.

"Thank you."

Thankfully I was able to calm them down enough to where they walked out with giving me a four star rating. I smiled as I walked to the front of the store to greet the new batch of customers that came in.

I loved my job, and more importantly I loved my life.

So I highly recommend getting Dine Out if you are thinking of getting it! It is so worth it!!! I hope you guys liked the update =]
My Stories:
-----

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #67 on: June 15, 2016, 07:12:39 AM »
Poor Sophia.  What an awful way for Anthony to rub his prejudice in her face.  >:(   Still Sophia seems to have come through it, the better for the experience.  I love this update Ally.  I'm getting my Sims 4 fix vicariously through you and with a wonderful story to enhance it.

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
3. The Lady of the Lake

Offline TheGoat

• Townie
« Reply #68 on: June 16, 2016, 02:01:58 AM »
Wow, Allie, that was dark. Great update. I had forgotten all about that [redacted]. Way to bring him back into the story at just the right time. The new wife and son (not a daughter!) was an extra nice stab in the gut. Great work!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #69 on: June 22, 2016, 07:46:15 PM »
Fabulous update to one of my favorite stories!  I've been wanting to do a restaurant but have been too chicken to give it a try.  You certainly have encouraged me to give it a shot.  Love your very elegant restaurant!
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Ally3772

• Immortal
« Reply #70 on: July 17, 2016, 09:18:04 PM »
Hey guys! I know it's been over a month since the last update and I am SO sorry!!! Life happened and got crazy! Long story short my internet just got fixed and I should be back in business!!! I'm probably going to jump on and start playing! I may or may not do a small time jump!
My Stories:
-----

Offline Ally3772

• Immortal
« Reply #71 on: July 20, 2016, 10:32:09 PM »
First off I want to thank everyone who has stuck with me through this story! 1859 views! Wow! I'm so glad that you guys like it! Thank you so much! I also want to apologize for taking some time with this next update. Life got crazy hectic!

Sophia's POV

"Hey mama, how's the numbers looking?" I asked walking in the bedroom.

"Good, we are still in the negatives but we should be able to pull ourselves out of it."

I walked outside, I was still in my uniform because I had just gotten off work. I picked up my gardening tools and began to work on harvesting my strawberries. I hummed a little song while I worked.

Knock, knock, knock

I looked over my shoulder and saw someone in a red dress at the door. I stood up and brushed the dirt from my hands and walked up to her.

"Can I help you?" I asked.

"Is this your home?" The girl with the black hair asked.

"No, it's my moms."

"I must have the wrong house, my friend invited me over but her house has to be nicer then this."

"Excuse me?!"

"This place is so... sad."

"Who are you to come here and tell me that my home is sad? Huh? What, is it not rich enough for you?! Does it not have enough rich flowers or the newest paint?! Well then you can leave because this, this is my home. My mother worked her butt off to give us a home after she rescued us from my so called father. So while this may not be the best house or the richest, it is my safe place. So you can prance your little rich self off my porch because you do not deserve to stand on it." I snapped.

She huffed, "Whatever, you're just jealous that you won't have anything close to what I have. You'll never have anything nice."

"I already do."

I watched as she left and quickly went to the kitchen to start dinner. I washed my hands and got all the ingredients out and set it on the counter. I was halfway finished before mom walked in.

"What smells so good?" Mom asked walking in the kitchen.

"I am making my famous chili!"

"Famous huh?"

"Well, maybe not famous but it's my own recipe."

"Your birthday is tomorrow, what would you like?" Mom asked.

"A movie night with you would be amazing."

"Okay, and what kind of cake would you like?"

"Strawberry."

"Done."

"My baby isn't going to be a baby anymore."

"Mom, I haven't been a baby in years."

"I know, you know what I mean!"

"I'll always be your baby mama."

She smiled.

Before we knew it tomorrow was here and my birthday was spent in our pajamas. We lounged on the couch watching cheesy movies, some in black and white and some in color. I was proud to have her as my mother. Her strength was clear as I listened to her stories of growing up in a rich household. She was told day after day when to do things and how to do them. Then being forced to marry my so called father. She said she'd do it all over again because it meant that she'd get me, I was the only good thing about it all.

"Sophia! The cake is finished!"

"Coming!"

I walked in the kitchen and there sat a strawberry cake on a plate with some candles lit.

"Wow!"

"Make a wish!"

I smiled.

I wish for happiness, I wish for success with the restaurant, most of all, I wish for a family of my own.

I closed my eyes and blew out the candles.

It's been a few months since my birthday. Mom handed over the store to me after I became a young adult and told me that it was officially my store. She would of course continue to help and be a partner, but every major decision was now mine. I felt the pressure at times, but it was well worth it. We were at a four and a half star rating and I couldn't wait until we were a high end fashion restaurant! It was my dream. As much as I loved being in the kitchen and cooking, I was starting to love running the show more.

"Hello! Welcome to Tree Hill Cafe! I hope you feel at home tonight and enjoy! Our special tonight is steak!" I smiled.

I collected a few dishes before heading into the kitchen.

"How are we doing back here?" I asked.

"Ms. Haystings, there seems to be a problem with the stove."

"Okay, let's go a head and call the maintenance man right away. In the mean time try to get orders out as fast as possible, and make sure we give everyone dessert on the house!"

"Yes ma'am."

I walked back out on the floor and went to greet the next customers that sat down. I almost laughed when I saw who it was.

"Hello, welcome to Tree Hill Cafe. My name is Sophia and I am the owner of this restaurant. If there is anything I may do for you please do not hesitate to ask." I smiled.

Her face fell.

"You own this?" She asked.

"Why yes I do, have now for a while."

"There's no way this is true."

"What's wrong honey, this is your favorite place to eat." Her husband said.

She made a disgruntled noise and just looked at her menu.

"Like I said, please let me know if you need anything. I hope you enjoy my nice little cafe!" I smiled.

Her face as I turned to walk away was all I ever needed in life, at least at the point and time.

I was sitting at one of the tables going over the sales and doing the books. My foot tapped silently with no music to go too. I heard the door chime and looked up. A guy with bright orange hair walked in with his hand in his pockets. He had a nice white sweater that hugged his muscles and blue jeans. I almost had to pinch myself to stop staring at him.

"I'm sorry, but we are closed."

"Oh, I'm sorry. I'm new here and just thought maybe somewhere was still open that served coffee."

"Coffee this late?"

He smiled, "I'll leave."

"No!"

He turned around and I scolded myself for sounding so desperate and blunt.

"I mean, we do have coffee. Have a seat, I'll grab us a cup."

I walked into the kitchen and made a pot. I grabbed two cups and headed back out. I poured his first before pouring mine, I sat back down and smiled.

"So, what's your name?" I asked.

There it is! I hope you enjoyed it! =D Let me know what you think!
My Stories:
-----

Offline TheGoat

• Townie
« Reply #72 on: July 21, 2016, 09:14:21 PM »
Glad you're back, Ally. I look forward to seeing where your story goes at this turning point.

Offline Ally3772

• Immortal
« Reply #73 on: July 24, 2016, 11:22:55 PM »
Sophia's POV

"You did not!" I laughed.

"I did! In front of the entire class!" Avery giggled.

"Oh my gosh!"

We laughed and took a sip of our drinks.

"Wow, it's 3 AM." Avery said.

"Is it? We've been here for six hours?!"

"Crazy how much time flies when..."

"When what?"

"You're sitting with a beautiful girl and having so much fun." He said.

I blushed.

"And what were you doing since 3 AM?"

I stopped and turned around, "Hi mom."

"Hi. Now, I know you are a young adult now but this is just curiosity talking."

I smiled and sat down next to her.

"Well, I was talking to a boy."

"A boy?" She asked.

"A boy." I smiled.

"What's this boys name?"

"Avery."

"How long were you at the store?"

"Oh mom we talked for six hours! It was amazing, it was exhilarating, and exciting. I feel like I know him, I feel like I knew him for my entire life! And with all those conversations there is still so much to find out! Mom, call me crazy, but he may be the one for me."

"That's great honey. I'm so happy for you."

"But..."

She took a deep breath before letting it out.

"But, as much as I want this boy to be the one for you, take it slow. There's no rush. He may not be the one and if he's not then that's okay. But he may be the one and that would be awesome. Just remember that there is no rush so remember to always take a step back and enjoy every moment."

"I will."

"Look, baby girl. I know how it feels okay? I didn't have a choice. I was rushed into this relationship with this guy I barely knew. I know this is different but I just don't want the same thing to happen to you."

"I know mama."

"Crap! Crap!"

"Is everything okay?" Mia, one of my waitresses, asked.

"You see that guy over there?" I asked, pointing to the guy with the red hair and black sweater.

"Yeah?"

"See that notebook he has?"

"Yes."

"That, is a food critic. He will be writing literally everything down and judging us and at the end of his visit he will publish his opinion in the newspaper. This could be amazing or horrible."

I gave her a smile before heading over to his table.

"Good evening and welcome to Tree Hill Cafe! May I get you anything to drink?"

"You could start by clearing this table."

I bit my lip, I waved one of the waiters over and he cleared the dirty dishes from the table.

"Tell me... Ms. Haystings. How long have you been in business?"

"Um, it's actually been under a year."

"Ah, the beginning."

I smiled.

"Well, you can start me off with a cup of coffee and we shall go from there."

"Of course."

"Welcome to Tree Hill Cafe! Please enjoy your meal and let me know if I can do anything for you!"

I smiled and made my rounds. I glanced at the table with the food critic, he was looking over the menu with this horrible expression on his face.

"Great." I sighed.

I practically threw the dirty dishes in the plastic bin and growled. This was not going good.

I looked over at one of the waiters who walked out of the kitchen absolutely filthy. It looked like he had just rolled in the dirt.

"No, no, no!" I whispered. I rushed over to try to beat him but it was too late.

"Dirty dishes on tables longer then they should be, horrendous wait times, average food that's advertised as the best in town, and to top it all off your staff is well under code for good hygiene. It's amazing you are still up and running Ms. Haystings and I will be writing a report on how this restaurant is one of the worst I have ever been to in my entire life."

"Please-"

"That will be enough."

He packed up his things and got up and left.

"Ms. Hay-"

"We are closed. Finish up and go home for the night. Tell the others, and I expect that you will be properly showered with clean clothes the next time you are working."

"Yes ma'am."

After the last customer was gone and the employees were long gone I stood in the restaurant and looked around. Did I make a mistake? Did I rush into this? Clearly I failed today and tomorrow it would be known forever how horrible my restaurant really was. I closed my eyes and shook my head before shutting the lights off.

"It was horrible mom, absolutely horrible. He looked at me like I was some kind of pig born in a barn!"

"You and I both know that is not true."

"Yeah we do! Mom we just put a billboard on the highway! People from all over the world will come to the cafe and for what? The world's worst food?!"

"Honey, I know that this hurt you but the opinion of one man does not define your future! Yes he will put that horrible article in the paper, but look at the sales!"

"Mom, you can stop lying to me. We are barley keeping our heads above water, I'm barely keeping my head above water. Between the food cost and training we are barely scraping in the positives."

She sighed.

"I don't know mom, this is a mistake. I was stupid to think that this could work."

"You stop that right now! This is your dream! You get to decide whether or not you want to continue it, not some food critic."

"Maybe it won't be so bad." Avery said.

I sighed, "I don't know."

I could feel the tears well up in my eyes.

"Hey, don't cry. It'll be okay."

He pulled me in a hug and I could feel my heart start to race.

"Thank you for coming over Avery."

"No problem, I didn't have anything going on anyway."

We walked into the living room.

"So want to watch some TV?" I asked.

"Sure."

"What do you want to watch?"

"The most sappy chick flick you can find."

"Really?" I laughed.

"Of course."

"So, are you going to open the cafe again?" He asked.

"I don't know. Maybe it's too big. Maybe if I open up a smaller cafe with less customers and cut down on my employee cost something will change."

"It's something you could look into, but don't give up on your dreams."

I smiled.

"Now let's watch this movie."

Only we didn't pay attention to the movie at all. We talked and talked about everything under the sun. It was almost scary how much we had in common and how close I felt to him.

We eventually called it a night and I decided to go hang out with mom. We talked about my options and Avery and how much she loved me.

With her by my side I knew no matter what I did, everything was going to be okay.

Not the best pictures of Avery, but I will get better ones next time I promise! Hope you enjoyed! =]

My Stories:
-----

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #74 on: July 25, 2016, 01:03:20 AM »
Nice to get a glimpse of the mysterious Avery! He's adorable. I hope that bad review doesn't bring the restaurant down too much!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk