Author Topic: The Well-Read Writer  (Read 30110 times)

Offline Coffee

• Nooboo
Re: The Well-Read Writer
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2016, 03:49:24 PM »
I am new to this site and especially the challenges. When we complete the challenge, do you pm you guys with our scores?

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2016, 04:08:09 PM »
I am new to this site and especially the challenges. When we complete the challenge, do you pm you guys with our scores?

You post your score in the thread. Just don't talk about how you got your score.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Mack

• Llama Wrangler
  • Don't fret, or you will miss the fun.
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2016, 11:58:40 PM »
"Must finish reading a different book by midnight every day. If your Sim fails to do this, your challenge ends and you post your score at that point. Note: Skill Books DO NOT count towards this requirement."

Clarification please.
Does it mean a different book's genre or a new book every day?  If I reread a book does it count as reading a book?
Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift; that's why it's called a present.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2016, 02:58:08 AM »
"Must finish reading a different book by midnight every day. If your Sim fails to do this, your challenge ends and you post your score at that point. Note: Skill Books DO NOT count towards this requirement."

Clarification please.
Does it mean a different book's genre or a new book every day?  If I reread a book does it count as reading a book?

This means a new book each day, the genre does not matter here. So no you cannot reread a book.

Offline Makenziegma

• Townie
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2016, 01:22:09 AM »
The only ways I know to check that the Sim has completely read a book is once it states reread when you click on that book or from one of the aspirations we are not allowed to use. Just wondering if there is an easier way to keep track of if the book is completely read? Thank you!!!

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2016, 03:48:31 AM »
I will be writing them down. Thats is the best way for me.
Also then i am afterwards sure i did read a book a day.

Offline tjtemple

• Occult
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2016, 04:01:18 PM »
If we choose for our Sim to join the writer career are they allowed to take vacation days/sick days etc?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline tjtemple

• Occult
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2016, 04:25:17 AM »
I don't think there is another way, just really concentrate on the sim for his reading time; I go on "normal speed" and cancel anything else he tries to do.  If his needs are green it generally takes only about 2 hours, and 2 "read book" clicks to read it.  Then as soon as he puts it down on the coffee table I click it again to see it comes up "reread", and then put it away. 

The really annoying ones are the ones that don't have the green circle to indicate how far they've read.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2016, 06:29:04 AM »
If we choose for our Sim to join the writer career are they allowed to take vacation days/sick days etc?

Since the career is completely optional it really does not matter how many days you work if you do go that route.

Offline Makenziegma

• Townie
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2016, 05:57:24 PM »
After earning 404,434, Serenity Dickinson retired to relax and spend her golden years on Walden's Pond.,

I didn't practice because I know that life is going to get busier for me coming up and I wanted to be able to complete the tourney keeping with my commitment of attempting to complete them all. I learned a lot from this tourney and think I would have done better after practicing but I am very happy with my scores.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2016, 06:19:46 PM »
Good score!
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Makenziegma

• Townie
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2016, 09:20:35 PM »
Thank you just don't think it will hold up. But my best effort. Have a lot of personal things going on this month so wanted to get a head start. Plus someone ;-) created an amazing rival dynasty challenge that I want to get back to. :-)

Offline Mack

• Llama Wrangler
  • Don't fret, or you will miss the fun.
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2016, 04:00:05 PM »
Hugh Tome is $485,508 richer. As he is turning 90 years old today, he decided to kiss his multiple times repaired old typewriter and introduced himself to the young and beautiful neighbor next door. Time to get social.

Fun challenge. Practiced only one time. Happy with the score.

Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift; that's why it's called a present.

Offline tjtemple

• Occult
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2016, 09:15:30 AM »
Chaz Diquins retired from his hermit life of creativity with a pension pot of $356,431.  I was pretty pleased with this score until I saw the others!  Ho-hum, was good fun anyway  ;D

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2016, 09:51:06 AM »
@tjtemple, with a name like that, he could become a great writer!
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

anything