Author Topic: Satisfaction Guaranteed  (Read 30797 times)

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
Re: Satisfaction Guaranteed
« Reply #75 on: March 04, 2016, 10:46:35 AM »
Awesome tips as usual. Congratulations, Nutella.

I had a hard time with Bob. It seemed like no matter what I did he just could not get promoted quickly enough to complete his aspiration. I completed Eliza's aspiration fairly quickly, but you were much more efficient!

I did have a problem with house value fluctuating wildly, which was frustrating. I did bulldoze the lot. I knew before I started that their house is way too inefficient for the way I play. Anyway, house value. Sometimes when I bought stuff, the house value went down instead of up. It would also randomly lose 10-15K in value. I'm not sure if it was a glitch, but I would get very close to finishing only to have a big loss, so finishing Eliza's aspiration took longer than it should have.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #76 on: March 04, 2016, 10:57:12 AM »
@reggikko

For Bob, choose Chef branch.  Mixology branch is harder to get promoted, takes 3 days to get one promotion at higher levels.  Chef branch only takes 2 days to get promoted, unless you are very unlucky and get 2 popups on consecutive workdays and lose performance on both popups.  Also I made sure Bob and Eliza renew vows every 2 days so he goes to work with the +3 happy moodlet that last the whole work day.

For house value, I need to switch to F2 then back to F1 for it to calculate properly, its something with the game mechanics.  Not sure, maybe yours is a glitch.  For the mascots, I didn't sell them after I make it.  Kept it in personal inventory, switch to F2 then back to F1 for game to calculate and add the value up properly. 

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Lady Orc

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #77 on: March 04, 2016, 12:02:25 PM »
I got stuck on Eliza's aspiration - I was going the painting route, and I just couldn't get there fast enough. I had no idea mascots were so valuable, so thanks for that info Nutella! I have just one question - what was the plan with postcards? I've never really done anything with them, are they also very valuable?

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #78 on: March 04, 2016, 12:45:50 PM »
I got stuck on Eliza's aspiration - I was going the painting route, and I just couldn't get there fast enough. I had no idea mascots were so valuable, so thanks for that info Nutella! I have just one question - what was the plan with postcards? I've never really done anything with them, are they also very valuable?

It's a way to complete a collection for the Curator Aspiration without spending a lot of time looking for items. I'm thinking that's what Nutella used it for.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #79 on: March 04, 2016, 12:50:06 PM »
@Lady Orc

The postcards are for "The Curator" aspiration last milestone.  Complete a collection -- fastest way to get a complete collection is postcards (all 14 of them).  Collecting metals/crystals/mysims are too unreliable and requires too much running around.  The curator hardest requirement is the 2nd milestone (collect 5 crystals), after that it is all smooth sailing and easy.

Actually geodes (6 of them) is the fastest to complete a collection, but requires rocket ship.  I didn't want to build a rocket ship in the beginning because Eliza is concentrating on handiness and rocket ship requires me to leave Bob behind.  I didn't like leaving my home lot because I like to control both of them at the same time, don't like leaving one person behind.

Offline thekatie0409

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #80 on: March 04, 2016, 12:57:27 PM »
For house value, the things you buy depreciate, but it only shows in the value after you re-enter build mode. So if you buy the Virtuoso Violin for 15,000, it would add 15,000 to your house value in live mode. But, next time you come out of build mode the violin is only worth 12,000, so you lose 3,000 on your house value (according to the aspiration) even if you didn't buy or sell anything. Not sure if this was the problem or if it was a glitch but it could help explain the large fluctuations in value just from entering buy mode. My house lost almost 100,000 value between the time Eliza finished mansion baron and the time Bob did the aspiration, even though I didn't change anything.

My sims did aspirations and mostly ignored whims. Eliza finished Mansion Baron on Tuesday of week 1 with photography, and Bob finished Master Chef  on Tuesday of week 3 doing the Mixology branch (so he could finish the mixology aspiration). They both finished 5 aspirations. I also started by bulldozing the house.

Offline Lady Orc

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #81 on: March 04, 2016, 12:57:35 PM »
Aha thanks, that's very good information. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #82 on: March 04, 2016, 01:04:23 PM »
My sims did aspirations and mostly ignored whims. Eliza finished Mansion Baron on Tuesday of week 1 with photography, and Bob finished Master Chef  on Tuesday of week 3 doing the Mixology branch (so he could finish the mixology aspiration). They both finished 5 aspirations. I also started by bulldozing the house.

Wow nice job.  Photography .... ugh x 10.  ;D

I didn't go with mixology branch even though I know I can complete the mixology aspiration part.  I rather Bob finish his aspiration earlier and forgo the whim points from mixology so he can work on other fast aspirations.

One thing with this challenge is finishing the entire aspiration is not the best strategy.  Completing them as fast as you can is what you aim for.  Hence a lot of aspiration that requires me to get to level 10 I did not do, I rather concentrate on the milestones that I can finish asap.

Offline tjtemple

• Occult
« Reply #83 on: March 04, 2016, 01:39:05 PM »
I got totally hung up on the silly little small whims! Poor Bob and Eliza were so exhausted with all the woohoo'ing that they barely had time to do anything else. I did use the cupcake factory for all Bob's expert cooking, which I felt was quite a good strategy as he could then sell his produce; it never broke, and its value added to Eliza's aspiration! Other than that an epic fail!

I am in awe of you @Nutella

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #84 on: March 04, 2016, 02:04:23 PM »
I did use the cupcake factory for all Bob's expert cooking, which I felt was quite a good strategy as he could then sell his produce; it never broke, and its value added to Eliza's aspiration! Other than that an epic fail!

It never breaks, that was the problem.  I needed items to break so I can save 12 of them for nerd brain aspiration.  Nerd brain aspiration calls for repair or upgrade, repair is much faster than upgrade.

Also selling products for cash is not that good.  You need to use the cash to buy items to increase the lot value, which depreciate 20%.  The depreciation means you actually have to make more money (about $450,000) to get the lot value to $350,000

Offline tjtemple

• Occult
« Reply #85 on: March 04, 2016, 02:13:59 PM »
It never broke, that was the problem.  I needed items to break so I can save 12 of them for nerd brain aspiration.  Nerd brain aspiration calls for repair or upgrade, repair is much faster than upgrade.

Also selling products for cash is not that good.  You need to use the cash to buy items to increase the lot value, which depreciate 20%.  The depreciation means you actually have to make more money (about $450,000) to get the lot value to $350,000

Yes, I can see all that now.... As always with these challenges after the event I'm always "doh, now why didn't I think of that".   I think Eliza only finished Mansion Baron with about 2 days left to adult.  I must try and think outside the box next time! Also, I can see from my dynasty that partially completing aspirations is a brilliant way to build reward points, but for some reason that never clicked for this challenge!

As I said, I'm in awe  :)

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #86 on: March 04, 2016, 07:19:16 PM »
1 - Bulldoze lot and build your own home (small) for Bob & Eliza.  Their original house is big and nice, but very inefficient.  Too much walking everywhere waste time, big house is never good for challenges.

Wow, I intensely hated the Pancakes home--walking up and down the stairs and around all the furniture, but it never occurred to me to bulldoze it. Doh.
Thank you for generously sharing your tips, Nutella!

And thank you, Metropolis Man and everyone on the Tournament Challenges Team for yet another fun challenge!

Offline Tipi

• Occult
« Reply #87 on: March 05, 2016, 04:35:59 AM »
Congrats to Nutella for an outstanding win! Thanks for sharing your strategy. Once again I learned new things from you like the thing about mascots and learning to craft them. I had never heard about that.

And thanks to the team for a really fun challenge. Doing all these different aspirations was so much more fun compared to some other challenges where you have to concentrate in doing one thing over and over again.

Well, talking about doing things over and over again, I started the challenge by fulfilling Eliza's aspiration by doing photography. I wanted to test how much money you can make with it after reading the strategies for the Skill of the Week challenge. And boy was that tedious and repetitive! But Eliza managed to fulfill both the Mansion Baron and Fabulously Wealthy aspirations on Tuesday the first week.

Apart from those two aspirations Bob completed his aspiration (Chef branch) and they both achieved the Soulmate and the Curator aspirations. For the latter, I always do the complete collection with frogs. They started to breed them on day one and as usual, they had all the frogs before they had completed milestone 3 of the aspiration.

Like Nutella, I also concentrated on the milestones that I could finish easily. I think that the only aspirations that the Pancakes did not start were the mischief aspirations (I don't like them) and outdoor enthusiast.

Oh, and I kept the house as it is although I found it pretty annoying. I only moved around some furniture and built them a cellar where I could stash some things I did not need. I am very conservative with Maxis made sims: I (almost) never give them makeovers or change their homes. Yep, I am weird like that and cannot help it even if it is a challenge like this ;) .

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #88 on: March 05, 2016, 07:33:17 AM »
Well, life got in the way of me completing this, and I have the sneaky suspicion that is going to be the norm rather than the exception :-(

Congrats @Nutella as always, your strategy is/was amazing! Although, you didn't have to go to GF, you could have just bought the mascot in Buy mode and learnt the schematic from that...

I think I probably ended up with like 5K satisfaction lol since I didn't even get past week 1.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #89 on: March 05, 2016, 08:38:51 AM »
Although, you didn't have to go to GF, you could have just bought the mascot in Buy mode and learnt the schematic from that...

Really?  I didn't know that!  Thanks for the great info.

anything