Author Topic: Satisfaction Guaranteed  (Read 30796 times)

Offline Tipi

• Occult
Re: Satisfaction Guaranteed
« Reply #60 on: March 03, 2016, 01:21:38 PM »
It's four hours until midnight over here and Eliza and Bob just turned adults. Their scores:
Bob 36945
Eliza 81555
Total 81555

I never thought they'd do so well... And now they are finally going to try for a baby. :)

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #61 on: March 03, 2016, 01:59:50 PM »
It's four hours until midnight over here and Eliza and Bob just turned adults. Their scores:
Bob 36945
Eliza 81555
Total 81555

I never thought they'd do so well... And now they are finally going to try for a baby. :)

Could you please check your score again? Either Eliza's score is wrong or you did not add the two together for the correct total.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #62 on: March 03, 2016, 03:06:17 PM »
Just a few hours before deadline my time, good i got it done, i need to be faster.

Bob: 39760
Eliza: 76985

Total: 116745

Offline Tipi

• Occult
« Reply #63 on: March 03, 2016, 03:40:02 PM »
Bob 36945
Eliza 81555
Total 81555

Could you please check your score again? Either Eliza's score is wrong or you did not add the two together for the correct total.

Sorry, I did not preview my entry before posting. So the correct score is:
Bob 36945
Eliza 44610
Total 81555

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #64 on: March 03, 2016, 03:48:53 PM »
Thank you, Tipi.

Offline thekatie0409

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #65 on: March 03, 2016, 06:53:55 PM »
Bob: 35470
Eliza: 49950

Total 85420

Offline SIMantics101

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #66 on: March 03, 2016, 10:08:55 PM »
By the end of this challenge,
Bob had a total of 11,625 satisfaction points
and Eliza had a total of 7,880 satisfaction points.

11,625 + 7,880 = 19,505

For a (not-so) grand total of 19,505.

This was an interesting challenge for me, since I usually play with new Sims, not the pre-made ones.  Congrats to all the top scorers!  And big thanks to the moderators and challenge creators for continuing to facilitate these fun challenges!  Looking forward to the writing one now!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Dr Oddlust

• Nooboo
« Reply #67 on: March 04, 2016, 02:03:50 AM »
I apologise for late reporting as it's Friday in my time zone, and I'll let the mods decide if this disqualifies me (however I didn't play past the 3rd, if that makes a difference) but either way my scores are:

Bob: 4685
Eliza: 4350
Total: 9035

It was fun playing in the tournament but I might take a break from challenges for a while because clearly I don't have as much free time as I think I do! Plus my legacy is starting to suffer...

Offline CynKuy

• Occult
« Reply #68 on: March 04, 2016, 02:32:51 AM »
Bob got 7245 points and Eliza got 7110 satisfaction points.
Cynthia

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #69 on: March 04, 2016, 06:54:54 AM »
This event is now closed. Congrats to all participants. Great job to Nutella on a very decisive victory. Everyone is now free to share how they tackled this event.

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #70 on: March 04, 2016, 07:08:54 AM »
Oh darn I forgot to complete this challenge in time. Ah well. Congrats Nutella

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #71 on: March 04, 2016, 08:31:12 AM »
Congratulations, Nutella!
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #72 on: March 04, 2016, 08:57:37 AM »

1st row -- Bob's rewards
2nd row -- Bob's satisfaction points at the end of the day
3rd row -- Eliza's rewards
4th row -- Eliza's satisfaction points at the end of the day

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MAIN STRATEGY

Sunday (week 1)
Bob cooks all day long and only stop to chat with Eliza to complete any social whims with Eliza.  Those are quick to finish, so it is a must do.
Eliza work on getting postcards and leveling handiness.

Monday (week 1)
With all the cooking whims, Bob had enough to buy never weary.  After work, Bob switch from cooking to leveling handiness.
Eliza is struggling with her whims, as there isn't much whim available for her to complete with handiness, but manages to get marketable.

Tuesday (week 1)
Eliza finish postcard collection, so can concentrate on leveling handiness.  She got level 7 and visit granite falls for mascot recipe, then it's full time making mascots.

Wednesday (week 1)
Bob got level 7 and visit granite falls for mascot recipe, then mascots mascots mascots.

Thursday & Friday (week 1)
Bob had to stop making mascots for short while to cook a few dishes to satisfy the job requirement and then off to work.  As soon as he finish work, I had him making mascots again.

Saturday (week 1)
Saturday morning around 9am Eliza completed her aspiration.  From now on, she concentrates on all other aspiration and only complete easy to finish whims (like buy whims) on her panel. 
Bob meanwhile spend some time leveling mixology to level 4 and then full time cooking until week 3 when he completes his aspiration.

Monday (week 3)
Bob completed aspiration (Chef Branch), it's time to work on other aspirations.

TIPS

1 - Bulldoze lot and build your own home (small) for Bob & Eliza.  Their original house is big and nice, but very inefficient.  Too much walking everywhere waste time, big house is never good for challenges.

2 - Complete all the buy whims as soon as you can.  Don't spend all your money building a big nice house for them, keep the money so you can complete all the buy whims the instant they pop up.

3 - Do not sell anything after you buy them.  Eliza's aspiration is mansion baron, so keeping it will increase the lot value.

4 - Put all the items you are not using in household inventory or personal inventory.  Like Bob, when he is leveling handiness and not cooking, you put the oven in household inventory.  This will trick the game into thinking he doesn't own an oven, and with Bob's aspiration, the "buy an oven" whim will soon pop up.  I do that to everything in the house for the whole challenge, hence there were a lot of F2 and F1 the entire game.  Like toilet, buy them keep in household inventory.  When anyone needs to use the restroom, take it out of inventory and plop it down next to them.  This way you save time (not having to walk to the toilet next room) and money (not having to build a restroom).  When they done using the restroom, put the toilet away again.

5 - With Eliza's trait, the admire possession whim comes up frequently.  I saw a few post that players were having trouble completing this.  The trick is to be in close proximity of the item.  If you buy a toilet and Eliza is too far away, clicking on the item will not have the option to admire possession.  However if you make her go stand next to the toilet, click on the toilet again and voila you will see the "admire possession" option comes up. 

6 - Bob's aspiration Master Chef will generate a lot of cooking whims.  After helping Eliza with the mascots, during the second week have Bob just cook and cook and cook.  This way the game will start generating more cooking whims.  If Bob gets a mixology whim, I don't complete it - if you do, you will keep getting more and more mixology whim.  I let the mixology whim auto rotate so the next one comes up is cooking whim.  I don't let Bob meet anyone either, so the only whims that show up are cooking whims and social whims with Eliza.  There are only 2 cooking whims I don't complete, one is walleye surprise (don't have ingredients to cook that) and the other one is writing a cook book.  I didn't want Bob to gain any writing skill, so no cook book for him.  Don't let Bob gain any other skills during this time, just make sure he is cooking fulltime and going to work.

7 - Eliza's doesn't have Master Chef aspiration, so she will never get as many cooking whims as Bob even if she cooks all day long.  Concentrate on getting her aspiration done (mascots in my case) then the bulk of her satisfaction points comes from completing all the other aspirations.

8 - For Eliza completing all the other aspirations, I stopped at mostly milestone 2 & 3.  Milestone 4 usually requires you to get to level 10, and that takes way too long.  For any skill, getting from 1-6 is easy, but getting from level 6-10 takes a long time (even if you have savant). 

9 - Since Bob cooks nonstop, he manages to break down his oven and refrigerator a lot.  Keep all these items in household inventory (don't replace or repair), you need a total of 12 of these for Nerd Brain aspiration.

10 - I chose mascots (handiness skill) to complete Eliza's aspiration.  I suppose one could use photography, but I don't have the patience for that skill.  Painting is possible but Eliza's perfectionist trait is so annoying it takes her too long to complete a painting, making mascots was faster. 

If anyone has any questions about completing any aspiration, please ask.  I play with aspirations a lot, so for me completing them is natural and automatic, I don't think much about it, and I won't know what problems others are encountering with aspirations. 

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #73 on: March 04, 2016, 09:14:19 AM »
Great tips, Nutella. Well done. :)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #74 on: March 04, 2016, 09:23:35 AM »
Great tips, Nutella.

One thing I learned doing this (too late) was that meals put into household inventory contribute to the value of the house for Mansion Baron.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.