Author Topic: Sims 3 Expansion Packs disappeared from launcher  (Read 44963 times)

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
Sims 3 Expansion Packs disappeared from launcher
« on: January 20, 2016, 11:58:49 AM »
I'm having a problem with the Sims 3 launcher. The expansion packs that I own (under Expansions and Stuff) are gone. I have tried repairing the game and reinstalling (twice) Sometimes, they appear but mostly they don't. Is anyone else having this problem? I've done a search on Google but haven't found a solution there. Thank you.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
Re: Sims 3 Expansion Packs disappeared from launcher
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2016, 12:34:53 PM »
I haven't had this particular problem. Are the expansions appearing in Origin? When they first started the expansion selector, I had to go in and mark all the expansions as play. I just had an update through Origin yesterday or maybe Monday so you may want to check that too.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline JudesSims

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2016, 12:36:52 PM »
Yes, they appear as installed in Origin. I just got off chat with EA and they told me to use the super patch. I'm downloading it now. Fingers crossed!

Offline JudesSims

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2016, 12:05:04 PM »
I think I've figured out why I can't see the eps in the launcher. My laptop has a split hard drive. There's not enough room in the C drive to install Sims 3 so I installed it in F (data) drive. So, it's not recognizing where the eps are. I will have to take the laptop to a shop to have the C drive partition enlarged enough to hold my games. And then, reinstall for the fifth time. Sigh.

Offline melslittleworld

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2016, 08:43:47 PM »
did this work? I don't have partitions and I have this issue too.. my topic is "you are my only hope" and she listed steps for me to try to recover them so let me know how yours is doing!

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2016, 11:44:53 PM »
Added for informational purposes:

Sims 3 expansions are no longer separate game tiles in Origin client. To view, Right-click > Show Game Details and under the Play button there's an Extra Content tab. Click that to show download and install the expansions/stuff packs.

With this addition there is patch 1.69 for those using the Origin or download version of Sims 3. When you launch the game make sure all ep/sp are checkmarked on in the launcher that you want to play.

If the games are missing after that and or it's saying you have to buy them again. Contact EA's customer service. As you shouldn't have to repurchase what you have already bought.

How To: Contact EA's Customer Service / Use EA Help
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=21898.msg401708#msg401708

----------
Reference Link:

New Origin Layout for The Sims 3 Expansion Packs
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-New-Origin-Layout-for-The-Sims-3-Expansion-Packs/m-p/4641393#U4641393

The Sims 3 Expansion and Stuff Pack Manager
https://help.ea.com/en/article/new-launcher-for-the-sims-3/
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2016, 09:49:26 AM »
If you are willing to try some more troubleshooting steps then try the steps in the order below:

1. Manually uninstall Origin
2. Run CCleaner and it's registry cleaner.
--  Howto Use Ccleaner
3. Restart your router/modem and do a Clean Boot
4. Make sure that your UAC is enabled and set to notify.
5. Download the latest version of Origin and install the client - make sure to run the setup file with Admin rights.
6. Add firewall/antivirus exceptions for Origin and open the needed ports.   
7. When starting Origin, please make sure to run it as Administrator

After this try installing the EP's again!

----------
Reference Link:

Installed expansions through Origin, doesn't appear in-game.
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Installed-Ambitions-and-Late-Night-through-Origin-doesn-t-appear/td-p/5125330/page/2
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ZareKarStudio

• Nooboo
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2016, 09:40:51 PM »
Sorry for bringing back an old (?) thread.

I think i found a work around for this problem. Start the game while in offline mode in Origin. - I've found that this makes the packs show up in the launcher.

Offline shebelby123

• Nooboo
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2017, 12:28:25 AM »
I've had the same problem as you. I have ten expansion packs. I have four, including the base game, installed on my computer and then the rest are installed through Origin. I have never had any problems before now. All of a sudden, only the ones installed on my computer are showing up in the Sims 3 launcher. I know the obvious answer seems to just download the rest onto my computer and forget about Origin, but since I bought them digitally through Amazon, it won't let me download some of them on my computer and force me to keep them on Origin. I've reinstalled my base game and the expansion packs (which took all day), and I've repaired the game multiple times. Sometimes the packs pop up and sometimes they don't. Does anyone know a way I could fix this glitch and keep my packs on at all times?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2017, 12:46:31 AM »
Try the tips in this thread:

Sims 3 Expansion Packs Disappeared From Launcher
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=20732.msg439553#msg439553

This thread has been locked, if you have this issue or one like it, click here to create your own topic. This will help us help you better.